Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Super duper excited to just randomly check and see a Passholder discount offered for a standard Little Mermaid room in September. I had switched to All Stars because I thought those rooms were never discounted and didn't see a discount earlier. For only $92 extra, I get to stay at a brand new resort (to me) and be surrounded by my favorite movie!

For those who have stayed at AOA in recent months - how are the rooms holding up? How have you found the condition of the furniture/carpet/walls, etc? (Specifically, the family suites)

I’ve read some reviews that the resort is looking pretty worn. Wondering if those are isolated incidences or a general concern?

Thanks!

For those who have stayed at AOA in recent months - how are the rooms holding up? How have you found the condition of the furniture/carpet/walls, etc? (Specifically, the family suites)

I’ve read some reviews that the resort is looking pretty worn. Wondering if those are isolated incidences or a general concern?

Thanks!

We stayed at AoA in June. This was our 4th stay at this resort. We've been in a LK suite 3 times and had one stay in a Nemo suite. Our stay this summer was in a LK suite. I found our room to be in a great condition. I honestly didn't notice any major signs of wear -- I think it looked like it was in about the same condition our suite was the first time we stayed there (which was within the first year the resort was open). Now, I'll admit I did not go over the room with a magnifying glass like some people seem to do. I don't go looking for problems. The only minor issues with our room were with some of the drawers in the dressers. One of the drawers in the dresser in the living room didn't stay closed. We just simply put one of the little tables against it -- no big deal. When the drawer was empty, it stayed closed but as soon as there was clothing in it, it would slide open a few inches. Again, no big deal for us. And the other problem was a drawer in the dresser in the master bedroom. It wouldn't open if you pulled on it from the left side. If you pulled it open on the right-hand side, it was fine. Again, no big deal. (I did report both of these issues so hopefully they've been fixed.) I'm sure I could have called maintenance to come to our room to fix these drawers but by the time I realized there was a problem, we had already filled the drawers and I didn't feel like emptying them and waiting around for maintenance. Neither issue was a big deal to us.

The last time we stayed at AoA (2016) we were in a Nemo suite. I don't remember any issues of wear in that suite either. I will say that the hallways in that building (we were in building 5) we horrible. Lots of stains, scrapes, gouges, etc. on the walls as well as pieces of molding missing from some of the doorways and floors. The carpeting was beyond dirty. There were stains all over the place -- some of them being as large as a dinner plate. If our room had looked like that, I would have asked to be moved to another resort. If we had been at any other non-Disney hotel, I would have turned around and left. However, since our room was fine, we just dealt with the ugliness of the hallways. I did contact Guest Services and tell them what a bad impression the hallways gave of the resort in general. Someone from GS called me and we talked for over 20 minutes about how bad the hallways looked. During our conversation he said he was going to elevate my concerns and put in a request to have the property manager physically go out and look at the hallways. I have no idea if that happened or not. We had walked to other buildings to compare and while the other buildings showed signs of wear and tear in the hallways, they were nothing like the Nemo buildings.

When we were at AoA this past June, I noticed that the hallways in our LK building (Building 6) looked great. I'm guessing that they had recently been repainted because I had to really look to find any marks on them. The hallway carpeting in our building also looked great with just a few small spots (and I was *looking* for them this time -- I wouldn't have even noticed them if I wasn't paying attention.). We walked over to Nemo Building 5 to see if there had been any changes. The hallways in that building had also definitely been repaired and painted since our last visit. Just like the LK building, I really had to look to find any marks on the walls. The carpeting....well...it was much better than when we were there 2 years ago but it had not been replaced. I think it just had a super duper good steam cleaning. There were still some noticeable stains but not nearly as bad as our previous trip. Out of curiosity we also walked through a Cars building (#3). Same story there -- walls looked really clean but noticed a few spots on the carpeting though not as bad as Nemo but worse than LK. We decided that the LK building probably had more stains on the carpeting than we really noticed but the colors and pattern of that particular carpeting hides the wear and tear better than the other two themes. I would not change my plans to stay at AoA based on some stains on the hallway carpeting (and I'd even be ok in a Nemo building). Those areas get a TON of foot traffic and I'm actually kind of surprised that the carpeting doesn't look 100x worse than it does. We had zero marks or stains on the carpeting in any of the suites we've stayed in.

We did not find any obvious signs of wear and tear anywhere else in the resort -- inside or outside, but again, we weren't *trying* to find wear and tear. I suppose if we looked for it, we could find some. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone if it fits their needs. There were crews doing basic clean up work around the resort every day we were there and one day we noticed them removing mattresses and box springs from either Nemo Building 5 or LK Building 6 -- the cart with the old pieces was parked between the 2 buildings and I didn't see which building they were carrying stuff out of. And when we were there in 2016, they were repainting the exterior of our Nemo building as well as the LK buildings. I think they do a great job of keeping things looking good and operating well at AoA.

We stayed at AoA in June. This was our 4th stay at this resort. We've been in a LK suite 3 times and had one stay in a Nemo suite. Our stay this summer was in a LK suite. I found our room to be in a great condition. I honestly didn't notice any major signs of wear -- I think it looked like it was in about the same condition our suite was the first time we stayed there (which was within the first year the resort was open). Now, I'll admit I did not go over the room with a magnifying glass like some people seem to do. I don't go looking for problems. The only minor issues with our room were with some of the drawers in the dressers. One of the drawers in the dresser in the living room didn't stay closed. We just simply put one of the little tables against it -- no big deal. When the drawer was empty, it stayed closed but as soon as there was clothing in it, it would slide open a few inches. Again, no big deal for us. And the other problem was a drawer in the dresser in the master bedroom. It wouldn't open if you pulled on it from the left side. If you pulled it open on the right-hand side, it was fine. Again, no big deal. (I did report both of these issues so hopefully they've been fixed.) I'm sure I could have called maintenance to come to our room to fix these drawers but by the time I realized there was a problem, we had already filled the drawers and I didn't feel like emptying them and waiting around for maintenance. Neither issue was a big deal to us.

The last time we stayed at AoA (2016) we were in a Nemo suite. I don't remember any issues of wear in that suite either. I will say that the hallways in that building (we were in building 5) we horrible. Lots of stains, scrapes, gouges, etc. on the walls as well as pieces of molding missing from some of the doorways and floors. The carpeting was beyond dirty. There were stains all over the place -- some of them being as large as a dinner plate. If our room had looked like that, I would have asked to be moved to another resort. If we had been at any other non-Disney hotel, I would have turned around and left. However, since our room was fine, we just dealt with the ugliness of the hallways. I did contact Guest Services and tell them what a bad impression the hallways gave of the resort in general. Someone from GS called me and we talked for over 20 minutes about how bad the hallways looked. During our conversation he said he was going to elevate my concerns and put in a request to have the property manager physically go out and look at the hallways. I have no idea if that happened or not. We had walked to other buildings to compare and while the other buildings showed signs of wear and tear in the hallways, they were nothing like the Nemo buildings.

When we were at AoA this past June, I noticed that the hallways in our LK building (Building 6) looked great. I'm guessing that they had recently been repainted because I had to really look to find any marks on them. The hallway carpeting in our building also looked great with just a few small spots (and I was *looking* for them this time -- I wouldn't have even noticed them if I wasn't paying attention.). We walked over to Nemo Building 5 to see if there had been any changes. The hallways in that building had also definitely been repaired and painted since our last visit. Just like the LK building, I really had to look to find any marks on the walls. The carpeting....well...it was much better than when we were there 2 years ago but it had not been replaced. I think it just had a super duper good steam cleaning. There were still some noticeable stains but not nearly as bad as our previous trip. Out of curiosity we also walked through a Cars building (#3). Same story there -- walls looked really clean but noticed a few spots on the carpeting though not as bad as Nemo but worse than LK. We decided that the LK building probably had more stains on the carpeting than we really noticed but the colors and pattern of that particular carpeting hides the wear and tear better than the other two themes. I would not change my plans to stay at AoA based on some stains on the hallway carpeting (and I'd even be ok in a Nemo building). Those areas get a TON of foot traffic and I'm actually kind of surprised that the carpeting doesn't look 100x worse than it does. We had zero marks or stains on the carpeting in any of the suites we've stayed in.

We did not find any obvious signs of wear and tear anywhere else in the resort -- inside or outside, but again, we weren't *trying* to find wear and tear. I suppose if we looked for it, we could find some. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone if it fits their needs. There were crews doing basic clean up work around the resort every day we were there and one day we noticed them removing mattresses and box springs from either Nemo Building 5 or LK Building 6 -- the cart with the old pieces was parked between the 2 buildings and I didn't see which building they were carrying stuff out of. And when we were there in 2016, they were repainting the exterior of our Nemo building as well as the LK buildings. I think they do a great job of keeping things looking good and operating well at AoA.

Thank you for the thorough reply! This makes me feel much better. We stayed at AOA shortly after it opened and everything was nice and new, but we have not been back since.

Thanks!

We were just there last month. We were in the Cars section and everything looked great. The hallway was clean and no signs of wear and the room was the same. It was our first time there and decided next time we go we want to stay there again.

We were just there last month. We were in the Cars section and everything looked great. The hallway was clean and no signs of wear and the room was the same. It was our first time there and decided next time we go we want to stay there again.

Sounds great, thanks for sharing!

Checked in today into the Nemo suites I'm in Building 4. I wasn't able to make any requests for online checking because it's been broken but I did request an early check in. My original room wasn't available so the online check in person at the front desk searched for a ready room for us without me asking. I was actually able to choose between 3 and I got an exact type of things that I wanted Lakeview 3rd floor in building 4 near the elevators. Extremely happy! We are loving the space in the room and it might be our go to value from now on if it's all of us.

Other then no USB ports room is great no wear on any furniture or carpeting in the room. Other than a lot of stains on the carpets in the hallway and some areas having really low lights same with the rest of the resort.

If we are on site as a family we will stay again.

Last edited:

During our mid-June stay in a LK family suite the only wear I could see was a small chip on one of the foot stools. Everything else was in great shape, no visible wear, bathrooms looked really nice and bright. Hallway carpet, paint, murals, elevators, and public areas were clean and crisp.

This was our first stay on property. It ruined the family. We will NEVER stay off property again.

During our mid-June stay in a LK family suite the only wear I could see was a small chip on one of the foot stools. Everything else was in great shape, no visible wear, bathrooms looked really nice and bright. Hallway carpet, paint, murals, elevators, and public areas were clean and crisp.

This was our first stay on property. It ruined the family. We will NEVER stay off property again.

Yup this is my kids right now they keep talking about what they will do when we return next year and I keep having to remind them we aren't doing Disney world next year because we are going to Europe lol

Do the suite room’s fridge still have the freezer section? Thank you

Our fridge in a Nemo suite in 2016 did not have one. Neither did our fridge in a LK suite a few weeks ago. I think I read one time that when a fridge needs to be replaced, they are being replaced with a "no freezer" version.

The one I was in this week still had one in the Nemo suites in building 4.
Is it reasonable to request being swapped out for one with a freezer? It was part of our bottled water strategy that worked so well last trip. Then again, that was the June heat, and this time we are going over Thanksgiving, so it won't be as hot

Is it reasonable to request being swapped out for one with a freezer? It was part of our bottled water strategy that worked so well last trip. Then again, that was the June heat, and this time we are going over Thanksgiving, so it won't be as hot

I would see if you could but not sure if they know which ones still have them. We were in room 4327. So you at least have that as a guide maybe.

Any recommendations for how to get from AOA to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner at BOMA? We'll be traveling with children without their carseats so driving is not an option - is there a bus route that is best?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter