Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Any recommendations for how to get from AOA to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner at BOMA? We'll be traveling with children without their carseats so driving is not an option - is there a bus route that is best?

Take the Animal kingdom bus from AoA once your in AK take the bus from AK to AKL. Should be fairly quick.

Any recommendations for how to get from AOA to the Animal Kingdom Lodge for dinner at BOMA? We'll be traveling with children without their carseats so driving is not an option - is there a bus route that is best?

The bus route that makes the most sense to me is AoA to Animal Kingdom, then take the AK Lodge bus.

Does anyone have the August movie schedule? We check in next Friday for our first AOA stay!! We are in a LM room. My 5 year old is SO excited! Thank you!!

Does anyone have the August movie schedule? We check in next Friday for our first AOA stay!! We are in a LM room. My 5 year old is SO excited! Thank you!!
Have a GREAT time!

The week before your trip is always so exciting!

For some yes. Not everyone likes magicbands so this gives them another option.

I didn't understand this at first either, but I think the real target audience for this functionality is conference guests and they are rolling this out to all the resorts to give guests another option for those who might not like MagicBands. Rolling this out to all resorts also has an operational benefit for Disney because they are keeping the software for the door locks consistent.

I would splurge on a Minnie Van if it were me, at least for the trip to AKL. The trip back is not such a big deal since there's no specific time to be back. They all have two car seats ready to use. I had a ridiculous panic filled evening trying the resort-to-park-to-resort bus strategy for an ADR once before, and it would have been well worth the $25 not only for my sanity, but our evening overall since we ended up being close to an hour late for our reservation because there were zero buses at Animal Kingdom for the resort we were headed to for right at an hour. Luckily we weren't charged the no show fee, and we were still seated after a short wait.

I would splurge on a Minnie Van if it were me, at least for the trip to AKL. The trip back is not such a big deal since there's no specific time to be back. They all have two car seats ready to use. I had a ridiculous panic filled evening trying the resort-to-park-to-resort bus strategy for an ADR once before, and it would have been well worth the $25 not only for my sanity, but our evening overall since we ended up being close to an hour late for our reservation because there were zero buses at Animal Kingdom for the resort we were headed to for right at an hour. Luckily we weren't charged the no show fee, and we were still seated after a short wait.

I didn't know the Minnie Vans had car seats available! I will definitely consider that for the ride there. Thanks!

Looking for some input, we've only stayed at Pop and coranado with a family of 3 but now we are going to do a grandparents trip so we will have ten people. So I'm thinking a family suite that will sleep 6 and a regular room that will sleep 4, can we get those that adjoin or close to each other?

Looking for some input, we've only stayed at Pop and coranado with a family of 3 but now we are going to do a grandparents trip so we will have ten people. So I'm thinking a family suite that will sleep 6 and a regular room that will sleep 4, can we get those that adjoin or close to each other?

Not at Art of Animation, no. Regular rooms are located in the Little Mermaid section only. The Lion King, Cars, and Nemo sections/buildings are all family suites.

Just got back from my first stay at AOA. I've always dismissed this resort because I couldn't justify the cost, especially for a value. It was heavily discounted for my trip, so I thought why not?
I didn't expect to fall in love with it the way I did. A couple of thoughts:

- I gasped when I walked into the lobby, it's beautiful!

-The CMs are rock stars, Top notch customer service every single time.

-I had a pool view LM King bed room. It was loud during the day but it didn't bother me.

-I didn't think the walk was too bad until I had to haul my luggage to airline check in 103 degree weather.

- Note: I don't have kids so not sure if a child would be able to handle the walk multiple times a day.

- There was so much to look at on the way! The detailing was out of this world compared to other values.

-The main pool is something else, How is it possible to hear under water?! wished my family was there to enjoy it with me.

- there is a soda fill up station next to the pool and one in the food court.

- I enjoyed the giant meatball stuffed with mozzarella. Only $11 but tasted like it came from a table service. I would plan more meals at the resort next time.

- Room decor is beautiful, Especially the tub! Where else can you shower in Ariel's cavern?
I liked LM but now I love it.

- The room felt a bit outdated. I was at POP the night before and def noticed the wear and tear at AOA. Missed the USB ports and bigger TV.

- The bed was super comfortable! Felt like the new beds at POP.

- AOA bus stop is the last one at most parks....I don't understand why? Isn't walking 5 miles to get to the LM section enough?! lol

Overall, I really enjoyed AOA. While I wouldn't pay rack prices, I would grab in a heartbeat if discounted.

Just got back from my first stay at AOA. I've always dismissed this resort because I couldn't justify the cost, especially for a value. It was heavily discounted for my trip, so I thought why not?

Overall, I really enjoyed AOA. While I wouldn't pay rack prices, I would grab in a heartbeat if discounted.

Thanks for all of the great information!! I have wanted to try the AoA for a while. We usually stay at moderates but we're considering a longer than usual trip (~2 weeks) early in 2019 and would like to try to get one of the single rooms at the AoA.

I have been lurking around several resort threads....trying to pick a target resort for Feb 2020. I am planning to make a 499 day reservation that i know we would be happy to keep should we not have luck with the discounts/availability options down the road.

My friend seems to think that all of the Cars buildings are part of the dog friendly program. Everything I have found online indicates that building 2 is the only dog friendly Cars building. Can someone confirm this?

-The CMs are rock stars, Top notch customer service every single time.

-I had a pool view LM King bed room. It was loud during the day but it didn't bother me.

-I didn't think the walk was too bad until I had to haul my luggage to airline check in 103 degree weather.

- Note: I don't have kids so not sure if a child would be able to handle the walk multiple times a day.

- There was so much to look at on the way! The detailing was out of this world compared to other values.

-The main pool is something else, How is it possible to hear under water?! wished my family was there to enjoy it with me.

- there is a soda fill up station next to the pool and one in the food court.

- I enjoyed the giant meatball stuffed with mozzarella. Only $11 but tasted like it came from a table service. I would plan more meals at the resort next time.

- Room decor is beautiful, Especially the tub! Where else can you shower in Ariel's cavern?
I liked LM but now I love it.

- The room felt a bit outdated. I was at POP the night before and def noticed the wear and tear at AOA. Missed the USB ports and bigger TV.

- The bed was super comfortable! Felt like the new beds at POP.

- AOA bus stop is the last one at most parks....I don't understand why? Isn't walking 5 miles to get to the LM section enough?! lol

Thanks, we are staying there for the first time and this makes me feel better about the choice.
I like the soda refills by the pool, I hope it's open "late"

Thanks, we are staying there for the first time and this makes me feel better about the choice.
I like the soda refills by the pool, I hope it's open "late"

I could be wrong on this, but I think the soda refill machine near the pool (which is on the right side of the pool bar) is open all day. I didn't try it, but even when I saw the bar closed the drink station still appeared open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter