Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

How comfortable are the beds in the common area?

I've never actually slept in either one, but I've lounged/relaxed on them and I found them to be comfortable. The mattress on the sofa bed is 6" thick and the one on the murphy bed is 8". My adult children have spent many nights on both of those and have no complaints. My 28 yo DS said the murphy bed is more comfortable than some hotel beds he's slept on. The sofa bed isn't as comfortable as a regular bed but is way more comfortable than the average sofa bed (especially the ones you usually find in hotels). I honestly find the queen bed in the master bedroom to be the least comfortable. I always need extra padding on it -- it's way too firm for me. You can get a mattress topper from Mousekeeping if you want one. We had them put one on the queen bed the last time we were there.

I've never actually slept in either one, but I've lounged/relaxed on them and I found them to be comfortable. The mattress on the sofa bed is 6" thick and the one on the murphy bed is 8". My adult children have spent many nights on both of those and have no complaints. My 28 yo DS said the murphy bed is more comfortable than some hotel beds he's slept on. The sofa bed isn't as comfortable as a regular bed but is way more comfortable than the average sofa bed (especially the ones you usually find in hotels). I honestly find the queen bed in the master bedroom to be the least comfortable. I always need extra padding on it -- it's way too firm for me. You can get a mattress topper from Mousekeeping if you want one. We had them put one on the queen bed the last time we were there.

Yeah, we have stayed there once and slept in the master bedroom and found that bed to be WAY too hard. We will be 3 adults this time around and I will sleep in one of the beds in the living area, so that is why I am asking. Our kids slept in those last time but they were little and not picky about beds, and I never laid on either.

Yeah, we have stayed there once and slept in the master bedroom and found that bed to be WAY too hard. We will be 3 adults this time around and I will sleep in one of the beds in the living area, so that is why I am asking. Our kids slept in those last time but they were little and not picky about beds, and I never laid on either.

If you have your pick, definitely go for the Murphy bed! I believe it's the most comfortable out of the 3 options.

Weird question- Can you request not to be put into Ursula's building in LM section? My daughter (high functioning autism) who was very excited to stay in LM section is now saying she won't sleep in the Ursula building. Usually when she gets her mind on something she doesn't want, she is dead set on that. I know I can pay more to be in a family suite, but we have 7 people. I would need 2 family suites. That just isn't going to be possible.

Weird question- Can you request not to be put into Ursula's building in LM section? My daughter (high functioning autism) who was very excited to stay in LM section is now saying she won't sleep in the Ursula building. Usually when she gets her mind on something she doesn't want, she is dead set on that. I know I can pay more to be in a family suite, but we have 7 people. I would need 2 family suites. That just isn't going to be possible.
You can definitely make a request for a different building. I would suggest building 9 (King Triton) since it’s closest to the parking lot, dining hall, etc. You’ll need to call in that request, the online options don’t get that specific. Good luck!

Hello! We'll be staying here for the first part of our trip next week. Has anyone used the Minnie Vans to go from AOA to the Polynesian or surrounding area? We're planning on using it for a morning ADR at Ohana and was wondering the cost.

Hello! We'll be staying here for the first part of our trip next week. Has anyone used the Minnie Vans to go from AOA to the Polynesian or surrounding area? We're planning on using it for a morning ADR at Ohana and was wondering the cost.

We stayed at AoA back in September and took a Minnie Van to the Poly for a morning reservation at 'Ohana. The cost of the ride was #32.01, not including tip.

My fiancé and I just changed from the little mermaid room to the Finding Nemo family suite. It’s just the 2 of us though.. are we crazy?! Haha. We wanted to be closer to all the action and have more space but my fiancé was really set on the AoA resort. We wanted to be corny and go full Disney.

My fiancé and I just changed from the little mermaid room to the Finding Nemo family suite. It’s just the 2 of us though.. are we crazy?! Haha. We wanted to be closer to all the action and have more space but my fiancé was really set on the AoA resort. We wanted to be corny and go full Disney.
Sounds fun! We always stay in the mermaid rooms bc of the price - tried to get an upgrade at check in during my birthday trip, but was double the cost. I would love to stay in a Cars suite since we spend so much time at the cozy cone pool!

We have stayed in a family suite before and got to choose which section during the booking process. This time it is just giving a generic "family suites" that will be assigned at check in. What has been the experience for anyone who has reserved it like this? Have you requested a section and got that section?

Thank you!

We have stayed in a family suite before and got to choose which section during the booking process. This time it is just giving a generic "family suites" that will be assigned at check in. What has been the experience for anyone who has reserved it like this? Have you requested a section and got that section?

Thank you!

Back in September we did end up booking a general family suite because of the Free Dining promotion, but our TA did put in the request section that we wanted a Finding Nemo suite. When it was time for us to check in, the front desk told us that they saw that we wanted a Finding Nemo suite and if we wanted to wait, one would be available later. If we had wanted to go to a room right when we checked in, the only thing they had available was a Lion King one. But everyone's experiences may be different

Planning a family vacation 2 years out with 5 adults and a 2.5 year old - we are looking at possibly doing a suite at AoA in December '20 or Jan '21, but I saw the pool will be under construction in the Fall of '20. Anyone have any idea how long Disney typically has pools closed off for reno? I would almost prefer to book another location if it is closed!

Thanks y'all.

Planning a family vacation 2 years out with 5 adults and a 2.5 year old - we are looking at possibly doing a suite at AoA in December '20 or Jan '21, but I saw the pool will be under construction in the Fall of '20. Anyone have any idea how long Disney typically has pools closed off for reno? I would almost prefer to book another location if it is closed!

Thanks y'all.

No one really knows at this point. For example, they began refurbishing the rooms at All Star Movies in 2018 and then suddenly stopped at the halfway point around Thanksgiving and haven't started them up again. Things like that happening make it difficult to predict this far out how Disney will handle a pool refurbishment nearly 2 years from now. You will have time to switch resorts once we know more (hopefully). Start figuring out your plan B just in case.

No one really knows at this point. For example, they began refurbishing the rooms at All Star Movies in 2018 and then suddenly stopped at the halfway point around Thanksgiving and haven't started them up again. Things like that happening make it difficult to predict this far out how Disney will handle a pool refurbishment nearly 2 years from now. You will have time to switch resorts once we know more (hopefully). Start figuring out your plan B just in case.

Thanks! I was just curious if there was a typical timeline for this sort of thing. We have a family member traveling with us who will likely spend a lot of time sitting by the pool, so having open pools is a big draw for us. I appreciate it!

Have the surrey bike rentals been discontinued? I can't find any current information on them. TIA!

Thanks y'all.

There are three pools at the resort so even if one is closed, there will still be two that are open.

We have a midnight arrival at MCO and will be using Magic Express. Any idea on how long it will take to be dropped off at AOA. I know we need to get our checked bag to the bus since it will be after 10pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter