Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Seeing reports on 2 different FB groups today that renovations started on the LM rooms yesterday. Right now it appears to be the lake view side of building 8 (saw a picture of that) and also the lake view side of building 7 (reported by someone staying in that building). Curtains have been removed from all of the rooms and construction crews were walking around those areas as well.
I’m assuming the renovations will be the same as Pop and the other value resorts.
It will be interesting to see how they incorporate the LM theming back into the room.
Pictures of Ariel over the bed maybe?

Can anyone point me in the right direction to see the sofa bed and murphy bed pulled out in the Finding Nemo suites? I am really curious how thick the mattresses are on those. thanks.

If you Google "Finding Nemo Suites" and click on Images, you'll see plenty of pictures. I also took measurements of those beds on one of our visits.

Sofa Bed: 77" x 53" x 6"
Table/Murphy Bed" 75" x 54" x 8"

The last time we were at AoA, the pet policy had just been approved. We were placed in building 2 (cars), and we were told that the whole building was designated as "pet free". Is this still the case? Does anyone have a list of buildings which may be listed as "pet free"?

I called and asked about the pet thing and they flagged my account as pet allergic and to perform a VIP cleaning before we arrive. What that means I'm not entirely sure but it is at least flagged on our account that we have pet allergies so they know ahead of time in case any issues come up after we check in.

I’m assuming the renovations will be the same as Pop and the other value resorts.
It will be interesting to see how they incorporate the LM theming back into the room.
Pictures of Ariel over the bed maybe?
Any word on how long they’ll take? I’m actually hoping to get an old room at the end of Feb b/c I want a king bed with a tub & the new trend is to make all the king bed rooms showers only.

Any word on how long they’ll take? I’m actually hoping to get an old room at the end of Feb b/c I want a king bed with a tub & the new trend is to make all the king bed rooms showers only.
Just a guess, but if they have only started the renovations this week, I'd expect them to take about a month and a half or so per building. I doubt they would have any new rooms available until March.

I’ll be staying in LM room in June. Just read they are renovating these rooms? Where can I find more info about Reno? I’ve stayed at reno Pop rooms and loved them. Will coffee pots be available now? Thanks for any info

I’ll be staying in LM room in June. Just read they are renovating these rooms? Where can I find more info about Reno? I’ve stayed at reno Pop rooms and loved them. Will coffee pots be available now? Thanks for any info

I assume they are making them over in a similar fashion (like Pop, ASMovies, and currently ASMusic), but until we've seen a room done we don't really know for sure. Unless someone else can come along with a source that says more specifically, that is. I've seen surprisingly little about the renovations happening at Art of Animation.

I see someone asked, but it was not answered.

Is there a way to do any kind off separation between the murphy bed and the fold out couch?

We are bringing my daughter's boyfriend and our other daughter said she will not go if she has to be in the same room as her sisters boyfriend - understandable. All adults.

I saw a lot of Youtube videos and I would put the 2 girls on the couch since it's a queen and the pull down is a double.

I see someone asked, but it was not answered.

Is there a way to do any kind off separation between the murphy bed and the fold out couch?

We are bringing my daughter's boyfriend and our other daughter said she will not go if she has to be in the same room as her sisters boyfriend - understandable. All adults.

I saw a lot of Youtube videos and I would put the 2 girls on the couch since it's a queen and the pull down is a double.
I really don’t know a way you could do that without bringing your own kind of partition like a folding screen or something. Also, unless there’s been an update I don’t know about, both the sofa and Murphy beds are doubles. I would put your daughters on the Murphy bed because it’s way more comfortable and make the boyfriend take the pullout.

I really don’t know a way you could do that without bringing your own kind of partition like a folding screen or something. Also, unless there’s been an update I don’t know about, both the sofa and Murphy beds are doubles. I would put your daughters on the Murphy bed because it’s way more comfortable and make the boyfriend take the pullout.
Yes, this is absolutely correct.

This video says couch and Master bed are queens and murphy a double.

Do ANY of the suites (newly reno'd or going to be reno'd) have 4 beds?? We're planning a spring 2021 trip. My DH and I will take a queen, but my teen girls cannot share a bed and we're taking my dad. Is there a way to have some twin bed options instead of queen all the time?
Thanks

Do ANY of the suites (newly reno'd or going to be reno'd) have 4 beds?? We're planning a spring 2021 trip. My DH and I will take a queen, but my teen girls cannot share a bed and we're taking my dad. Is there a way to have some twin bed options instead of queen all the time?
Thanks
No. Your best bet will be 2 rooms at Pop Century or Little Mermaid rooms at AoA. You can make connecting rooms your #1 request and they will do their best to accommodate you. With 2 standard rooms, you will have 4 queen beds for less than the cost of a suite at AoA.

Or, you should be able to find enough floor space for a twin air mattress if you really want the suite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!