Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Well, interestingly, I got the email from Disney tonight asking me to let them know if we plan to cancel, modify, or confirm by July 7th. It says if you are booked at a resort that will be closed to choose modify and they can help you modify it, so I don’t know if they mean at their expense or mine.

I got that, too. I think they are scrambling and their emails aren’t keeping up.

I think you should be fine if you wait a little bit for things to calm down, but I wouldn't wait too long. Based on the "Resort Change by Disney" thread, your best bet when you first get a CM is to emphasize you want to keep your dates, that AoA will be closed, and that you want to be booked into a single room that can accommodate your party (and don't want two separate rooms). If they don't offer you something you want, ask to speak to Guest Services (which will unfortunately be another long hold time). It's no guarantee, but Guest Services seems to have a lot more flexibility to get you something that works for you (so long as there is availability). Also, if all they can get you is 2 separate rooms at Pop, they will at least be able to refund the price difference (since a family suite is usually more than two rooms at Pop) but if you accept that make sure that they do.

That's how I'll go about it, and just see what happens. I'm realizing that I shouldn't stress about it, given everything going on, and honestly I'm wondering if we'll end up even going. However, I want to leave the option open as long as possible so we can decide up until the last possible minute - we're driving so we have even more leeway. I was wondering if I should just call the guest services number from the get go - has anyone done that? Or maybe all of the numbers really go to the same place, and we just think we have a GS number :-). I know I saw one around here recently , and I wrote it down. I also plan on telling them to not change anything because i need to talk to my husband first and will call back if they offer either a room downgrade or tell me I have to pay the difference.

There's too much to keep track of, and up until yesterday my energy was all spent going through hoops to get park passes booked- have any people been told they have to pay for their resort change if their resort was closed and they kept the same dates, and there aren't any of the same category available to them?

Yea, I followed the “script” detailed in other threads so she was guest services and had tried to get me AK Kidani but couldn’t get it approved.
I just don't know what to say - that stinks! I have read so many people given things like a grand villa for 2 people and they give you one value room for over 4 people?! I know it's a game of tetris, but that just doesn't sound right to me and I would be livid, disappointed, and very sad.

If they attempts to put you in the fw cabin, you can empathize that your suite had two bathrooms and a cabin has one making it a downgrade.
Thanks, that's good advice and another thing to casually bring up as we chat on the phone if needed. Really I wouldn't mind trying a FW cabin at some point once - what I don't like is the difficulty getting around and with 6 people from what I understand we can't rent a golf cart. If we could be guaranteed that I think I would warm up to the cabin idea more.
I got that, too. I think they are scrambling and their emails aren’t keeping up.
I wonder if they are just doing everyone else that is in a closed resort at the same time now? Should make calling extra fun.

I just answered the email they sent me and told them I was still planning on coming, and it took me to a page that said if we were booked at a resort that would be closed they will contact me shortly. I can't yet decide if I should call in or give them a day or so to call me first.

We are booked at AoA for August 2021! Our first time at AoA. We normally do two rooms at POFQ but that resort isn't open. My youngest two love Lion King, so we are all excited to try something new!

I just answered the email they sent me and told them I was still planning on coming, and it took me to a page that said if we were booked at a resort that would be closed they will contact me shortly. I can't yet decide if I should call in or give them a day or so to call me first.
Good luck getting through. Just wait to hear from them unless you have nothing to do all day.

still have my July trip booked since I have not been able to cancel it but just booked 3/21 online too. Will need to convert it to a discount rate once I can finally get through on the phone.
sad part is rates are like $200/night higher for 3/21 than 7/20

Good luck getting through. Just wait to hear from them unless you have nothing to do all day.

still have my July trip booked since I have not been able to cancel it but just booked 3/21 online too. Will need to convert it to a discount rate once I can finally get through on the phone.
sad part is rates are like $200/night higher for 3/21 than 7/20

Wow! That's a big jump. I guess I must have really lucked out when I booked our June 2021 trip this week. We were supposed to check in to AoA (LK suite) tomorrow for 8 nights; 5 adults; 8-day parkhoppers. I booked that trip in August 2019. The trip I booked for June 2021 is exactly the same elements and is only a total of $290 more than our stay that was supposed to start tomorrow. Both were booked at rack rate (had free dining bounce back for the 2020 trip.). Based on my notes from Aug 2019, the current ticket prices are about $250 (total) more than they were then and the room cost went up $50 total (not per night) for the 8-night stay. So we're paying almost the exact same amount for our LK suite next summer as we were for our 2020 trip. I've checked my 2021 confirmation a dozen times to make sure all the info is correct, and it is. I keep thinking I'm missing something because so many people on message boards and FB groups are commenting about how much the room rates have increased. I was definitely expecting the price for our 2021 trip to be way more than a $290 increase. Still hoping some type of discount comes out for next year but I'm not holding my breath. It kills me that we lost free dining this year -- that saves us over $1200 (based on our normal Disney eating habits) because I know that's never going to happen next year.

I called today and only had to wait 1-2 min. For our 8/6-8/15 trip for 2 adults 4 kids we were moved from a Lion King suite to a 2 BR at Saratoga Springs. Initially the CM told us we would be moved to Pop, but when I said we had 6 people and didn't want to be split up he put me on hold for maybe 10 min and came back with SSR with price protection. SSR has never interested me, and I am disappointed about losing a transportation method other than busses, but space wise and price wise this is a nice upgrade. I'm hoping we'll end up loving or at least liking SSR! From what I understand our location at SSR resort will make a big difference, but since we got upgraded for no cost I'm not sure how much say they will let us have in that, and I don't think we were put as preferred. I guess for now I am going to focus on getting ADRs tomorrow AM, and then on whether or not this trip is even going to happen as things continue to unfold!

I called today and only had to wait 1-2 min. For our 8/6-8/15 trip for 2 adults 4 kids we were moved from a Lion King suite to a 2 BR at Saratoga Springs. Initially the CM told us we would be moved to Pop, but when I said we had 6 people and didn't want to be split up he put me on hold for maybe 10 min and came back with SSR with price protection. SSR has never interested me, and I am disappointed about losing a transportation method other than busses, but space wise and price wise this is a nice upgrade. I'm hoping we'll end up loving or at least liking SSR! From what I understand our location at SSR resort will make a big difference, but since we got upgraded for no cost I'm not sure how much say they will let us have in that, and I don't think we were put as preferred. I guess for now I am going to focus on getting ADRs tomorrow AM, and then on whether or not this trip is even going to happen as things continue to unfold!
At least you can walk to Disney Springs! Gives you some food and shopping options after the parks close. (I’m making lemonade here...😬)

Which number were you able to get through on so quickly? I’m still getting all circuits busy...Sorry you won’t have the skyline access, hopefully the easy walk to DS makes up for it!

hi everyone! jumping into this thread as we're in the very early (and obviously covid-dependent) stages of a hopeful trip in october 2021. I've never stayed at a value but we'll be traveling with two littles (4 and under), and thought somewhere with a little more fun in the decor would be great. i know next october will likely be an absolute madhouse with whatever is planned for the 50th, and also know that with the little ones we'd probably be looking at a lot more resort/pool time than park time, so i feel like AoA is a good home for that balance. am i right on that? we would probably book a suite, so that if a grandparent wants to join us as it draws closer we'd have room.

here's to making big wishes for a brighter, greener side after all that's gone on this year. :)

hi everyone! jumping into this thread as we're in the very early (and obviously covid-dependent) stages of a hopeful trip in october 2021. I've never stayed at a value but we'll be traveling with two littles (4 and under), and thought somewhere with a little more fun in the decor would be great. i know next october will likely be an absolute madhouse with whatever is planned for the 50th, and also know that with the little ones we'd probably be looking at a lot more resort/pool time than park time, so i feel like AoA is a good home for that balance. am i right on that? we would probably book a suite, so that if a grandparent wants to join us as it draws closer we'd have room.

here's to making big wishes for a brighter, greener side after all that's gone on this year. :)

Keep in mind that the main pool at AoA is scheduled for a refurb starting in September. Not sure is thats still a go but thought that might be a factor for you in making a decision on AoA.

Keep in mind that the main pool at AoA is scheduled for a refurb starting in September. Not sure is thats still a go but thought that might be a factor for you in making a decision on AoA.
I was wondering if they were going to move ahead with the refurb in light of everything...Hopefully after our September trip - we like a nice, uncrowded Cozy Cone pool!

that is this september right? we are looking at october 2021, so would assume all refurbs are done by then, yea?

This is going to be our 3rd stay at AoA, our first time with a 14 month old baby. Do they still supply pack and plays? How about high chairs? Anybody ever request them? TIA...

I hate that AoA is called “value”. It certainly is an expensive “value”. The suite rooms at AoA are a great size to spread out. If you need a table service restaurant on site or a spa then look elsewhere. Otherwise this resort gives more than many moderates with bigger rooms, one of the best quick service restaurants at a resort, and skyliner transportation. Your kids are small - so the lack of a slide at the pool shouldn’t be a problem (probably more reassuring) and our kids loved the theming around the AoA resort and room more than anywhere else we’ve stayed (with exception to AKL - but that’s probably understandable).

We are booked at AoA next August in a Lion King suite. My kids thought both LK and Nemo rooms were cool, but LK edged out. We have only stayed at POFQ before. Are we better off getting a Nemo suite since it has the pool and is central for dining/buses?

Our AoA res was being moved to AKL but we cancelled and rebooked for next yr due to a number of reasons.
really wish we could have made it work though. Always wanted to stay at AKL and never could afford it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter