Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We are booked at AoA next August in a Lion King suite. My kids thought both LK and Nemo rooms were cool, but LK edged out. We have only stayed at POFQ before. Are we better off getting a Nemo suite since it has the pool and is central for dining/buses?
I like the theming/colours in the room in the LK Suites much better than the Nemo Suites. But I would still choose Nemo over LK for the proximity to the pool and skyliner.

We are booked at AoA next August in a Lion King suite. My kids thought both LK and Nemo rooms were cool, but LK edged out. We have only stayed at POFQ before. Are we better off getting a Nemo suite since it has the pool and is central for dining/buses?

It really depends on what is important to you and your family. Our family has stayed in both LK (3 times, plus we were supposed to be in one last week and are booked in one next June) and Nemo (once). Both areas are good locations for us but we actually give the edge to LK for several reasons (which may or may not apply to your family).

1. We use the refillable mugs a lot and also eat a few meals and grab lots of snacks at the resort so we like to be close to the food court. The food court is at the end of the building closest to the LK section and Nemo bldg. 5. We had a great room location in Nemo (building 5, first floor, the wing that juts out towards LK bldg. 6) but 2 of our 3 locations in LK were closer to the food court than our Nemo room. And the 3rd location in LK was about the same distance as our Nemo room. If we had been in Nemo building 4, we would almost definitely have been further away from the food court than all of our LK locations.

2. The same thing applied for getting to the bus stops -- most of our LK locations were closer to the bus stops than our Nemo room. Nemo does win out for being closer to the Skyliner but LK is still very close and not a long walk.

3. Our Nemo room was definitely closer to the pool than LK -- we could get from our room to the pool in probably a minute. But the Nemo pool is only about a 2-3 minute walk from LK. And we actually prefer to go to the Little Mermaid pool as it's much emptier and definitely quieter. It's also a quick 3-4 minute walk. I've been at the LM pool in the middle of the afternoon in June and only had about 20 other people there. Meanwhile, the Nemo pool was always packed. We only swim maybe 3 or 4 times during the entire 7 or 8 days we're there, so being close to a pool is not high on our priority list. We're much more concerned about being close to the food court and buses.

4. The Nemo buildings are almost always booked to capacity so it's much more difficult to get a discount there as they only offer a few discounted rooms. We were only able to get a discounted Nemo room that one time. And now that we've stayed in a Nemo room, we don't feel the need to go back. Especially since those rooms are more expensive than LK or Cars. We aren't opposed to staying in a Nemo suite, but don't feel it's worth the extra $30-40/night when LK suites are very close to transportation and the food court as well.

For our trip that was supposed to happen last week, I had requested Room #6501 which is Bldg. 6, first floor, right next to the main entrance of the building. We were in that location the last time we stayed there and found it to be great for us. And Skyliner wasn't open yet on that trip but we could easily have walked out the back door of the building and had a quick walk along the lake to get to the Skyliner station. I will probably request a room in that general area for our trip next year.

All that being said, I'd stick with your LK room unless you plan to do a ton of swimming while you're there and are ok with paying the extra ~$40/night to be closer to the Nemo pool. My kids are all teens/young adults so I don't need to go to the pool with them anymore. If they were still little and I would need to be with them and lug all of their "stuff" with me *AND* we did a lot of swimming, I might be tempted to switch to Nemo. But we spend most of our time in the parks so the pool location doesn't really factor in to our room location requests.

Oh, and one more thing. Be sure to take a walk over to the Cars section one night. While our family has no desire to stay in that section, we do feel like the outdoor area of Cars has the best theming of the entire resort...especially at night. We make sure to walk over there at least one night during our stay.

I hate that AoA is called “value”. It certainly is an expensive “value”. The suite rooms at AoA are a great size to spread out. If you need a table service restaurant on site or a spa then look elsewhere. Otherwise this resort gives more than many moderates with bigger rooms, one of the best quick service restaurants at a resort, and skyliner transportation. Your kids are small - so the lack of a slide at the pool shouldn’t be a problem (probably more reassuring) and our kids loved the theming around the AoA resort and room more than anywhere else we’ve stayed (with exception to AKL - but that’s probably understandable).

thank you! i found it odd it’s categorized as a value as well since it definitely seems to offer a lot, everything but the TS which we don’t care too much for anyway. if the stars align, this will really be a more relaxed trip and keeping the kiddos entertained is key!

Our AoA res was being moved to AKL but we cancelled and rebooked for next yr due to a number of reasons.
really wish we could have made it work though. Always wanted to stay at AKL and never could afford it
Wow, we’re you in a mermaid room or a suite? I would love an upgrade to AKL!

Wow, we’re you in a mermaid room or a suite? I would love an upgrade to AKL!
Nemo suite x 2

got my magic bands today for my cancelled trip that was to start last week.
yup a week late lol. Glad I wasn’t still going and had to deal with that at check in

so i feel like AoA is a good home for that balance. am i right on that?
I think you are! We’ve stayed at Cars and LK, and we prefer Cars but mostly for the theming. As P.O. described in detail, there are location pros/cons of each. But nothing is really that far IMO. You’ll love it!!

Staying in a suite, h ow much do they provide in the way of plates, bowls, silverware? Is it easy to get more? Should I bring my own if we will use it often

Staying in a suite, h ow much do they provide in the way of plates, bowls, silverware? Is it easy to get more? Should I bring my own if we will use it often
They do provide paper bowls and plates, napkins and plastic utensils. We just got the frozen breakfast sandwiches, fruit, yogurt, and cereal, instant oatmeal for breakfast and I don't recall ever wishing I had brought extra from home.

They do provide paper bowls and plates, napkins and plastic utensils. We just got the frozen breakfast sandwiches, fruit, yogurt, and cereal, instant oatmeal for breakfast and I don't recall ever wishing I had brought extra from home.
I was considering the frozen breakfast sandwiches but am wondering about the size of the freezer.

I don’t know if this means anything or doesn’t mean anything, but they’ve updated the photography on Disneyworld.com for the Little Mermaid rooms to the refurbished design. They usually only do that when a refurbishment is either complete or on the last building (once you can’t actually get put into an old style room).

When the parks closed they still had a building and a half to go.

Still says double beds though.

Love the new pull down bed with Nemo & Dad asleep but not pictured in standard studio and still has curtain divide for bath area... Maybe info has not been completely updated.
I have never stayed here so I wonder if rooms are big enough to accommodate the queen bedS. Does anybody know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!