Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I don’t know if this means anything or doesn’t mean anything, but they’ve updated the photography on Disneyworld.com for the Little Mermaid rooms to the refurbished design. They usually only do that when a refurbishment is either complete or on the last building (once you can’t actually get put into an old style room).

When the parks closed they still had a building and a half to go.

Still says double beds though.
Trying to figure out what’s different in the mermaid rooms - new carpet and paint? Everything else looks the same to me. Lol whoever let that extremely crooked painting of Prince Eric slide should be in trouble!

Trying to figure out what’s different in the mermaid rooms - new carpet and paint? Everything else looks the same to me. Lol whoever let that extremely crooked painting of Prince Eric slide should be in trouble!
Beds are queens. Used to be full. The sea chest thing or has new charging ports as does the nightstand. The mermaid tail and seaweed behind the beds is new. The prince Eric is supposed to be askew now. Makes me crazy
ETA: now has coffee makers in the room

Beds are queens. Used to be full. The sea chest thing or has new charging ports as does the nightstand. The mermaid tail and seaweed behind the beds is new. The prince Eric is supposed to be askew now. Makes me crazy
Ahhh gotcha! Looks like they added the tail and seaweed since the old headboards are too small now for queen beds. Good eyes on the charging ports (or maybe you’ve stayed in one since renovation?). So strange about the artwork - I guess to simulate the tumultuous sea? And yay for coffee makers, finally!

I seriously don't think I could stay in that room with the crooked painting. It would drive me nuts.

Is it stupid for a solo traveler to consider a Nemo suite? They look adorable!

Omg, they made the LM room so dark! And that boring carpet! Eugh. This is disappointing. I was all excited that we were able to extend our tip by a day. It's so dreary

I've watched a few YouTube videos and read several articles and it looks like the renovated Little Mermaid rooms is actually blue laminate wood flooring, it's not carpet! Looks pretty cool to me, can't wait for our Christmas trip!!

Sorry if this was answered before, but are ALL of the little mermaid rooms renovated?

Same question. I'm pondering changing back to AoA for Marathon Weekend, but I don't get in until late and am afraid that I might get bumped to a non-redone room if there are any by people arriving ahead of me and complaining.

Same question. I'm pondering changing back to AoA for Marathon Weekend, but I don't get in until late and am afraid that I might get bumped to a non-redone room if there are any by people arriving ahead of me and complaining.

Forgive the observation, but I think you may have a case of resort changeritis for that weekend! :-)

Just found out I can switch from POP to AOA for around 300$ for our trip this November. We have stayed at POP twice before and love it. Mainly love the queen size beds and refurbed rooms as well as the vibe. But we have also stayed at All Star Music and Movies. I'm reading that AOA now has queen sized beds and refurbed-ish rooms, plus 3 huge pools, nice food court (I know covid might change this!), and it seems like a good time to check out a new resort! We have a 5 year old daughter who LOVES the big characters at the values and especially loves Ariel, so, that being said, are there any big downsides? Any reason to NOT switch? Our dates are Nov 8th-17th so if AOA opens the 1st as planned we'll be ok.

Just found out I can switch from POP to AOA for around 300$ for our trip this November. We have stayed at POP twice before and love it. Mainly love the queen size beds and refurbed rooms as well as the vibe. But we have also stayed at All Star Music and Movies. I'm reading that AOA now has queen sized beds and refurbed-ish rooms, plus 3 huge pools, nice food court (I know covid might change this!), and it seems like a good time to check out a new resort! We have a 5 year old daughter who LOVES the big characters at the values and especially loves Ariel, so, that being said, are there any big downsides? Any reason to NOT switch? Our dates are Nov 8th-17th so if AOA opens the 1st as planned we'll be ok.
The biggest pool at AoA (and I think on property) will not be open for your dates.

The only downside IMO would be that the LM rooms at AoA are the farthest from the main building/bus depot area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!