Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Have a hold on a Finding Nemo suite for a short stay in January. Would like clarification on bed in the "bedroom". Is it a double or queen?

Officially booked a Finding Nemo Suite for Mid April (StarWars run weekend), 5 adults will be in this room. This will be my first Disney hotel I've ever stayed. Live locally now, but when i came down, just stayed at Disney Springs Hilton or Wyndham since it was so much cheaper

I'm very excited. I meant some friends there just a few weeks ago, and went to their food court for breakfast, was pretty good

what are the chances of getting a king little mermaid room?
As PP said it will be dependent on resort occupancy, but we booked a LM room about 10 days before arriving and I added a request for a king room to my reservation. I did online check-in and didn't note any other requests. We arrived around 8:30am and our room was ready around 10:30am, and we received a king room. Just speculating on my part, but I have to imagine it's relatively easy to get a king room if you request it. The resort is mostly families so I would imagine the king bed doesn't work for most guests. But I have no idea how many king rooms they actually have. I also found that the Touring Plans room finder was not accurate - they showed the room we were in as two doubles, when it was a king. So don't rely on that.

As PP said it will be dependent on resort occupancy, but we booked a LM room about 10 days before arriving and I added a request for a king room to my reservation. I did online check-in and didn't note any other requests. We arrived around 8:30am and our room was ready around 10:30am, and we received a king room. Just speculating on my part, but I have to imagine it's relatively easy to get a king room if you request it. The resort is mostly families so I would imagine the king bed doesn't work for most guests. But I have no idea how many king rooms they actually have. I also found that the Touring Plans room finder was not accurate - they showed the room we were in as two doubles, when it was a king. So don't rely on that.

I don't think it's that easy, I think you were lucky. It might have had to do more with the length of your stay and how busy the resort was during your stay. Most of the king rooms are accessible rooms. There are very few that are standard kings (I think I read one time that there are only 2 or 3 standard king rooms in each LM building). My son and his wife have stayed in a LM twice. Both times they made a King room their only request - even mentioning that they were celebrating their engagement on one trip and their anniversary on the other. They didn't get a King room either time. Even going to the front desk to ask about changing rooms didn't help. One of the trips they could have moved to a king room about halfway through their stay but knew they wouldn't feel like packing up mid trip so they opted to just stay in the standard room. The other time, there wasn't any option to change to a king room at any point during their stay. Fortunately, they got awesome room locations on both of those stays (buildings 7 an 9, room at the end of the building closest to the LK section -- so quick walk to buses and food court). Ironically, when they stayed at Pop Century they decided not to bother requesting a King room as they were more concerned about location within the resort on that stay so of course they got a king room on that stay (and in the building they requested!). :D

I don't think it's that easy, I think you were lucky. It might have had to do more with the length of your stay and how busy the resort was during your stay. Most of the king rooms are accessible rooms. There are very few that are standard kings (I think I read one time that there are only 2 or 3 standard king rooms in each LM building). My son and his wife have stayed in a LM twice. Both times they made a King room their only request - even mentioning that they were celebrating their engagement on one trip and their anniversary on the other. They didn't get a King room either time. Even going to the front desk to ask about changing rooms didn't help. One of the trips they could have moved to a king room about halfway through their stay but knew they wouldn't feel like packing up mid trip so they opted to just stay in the standard room. The other time, there wasn't any option to change to a king room at any point during their stay. Fortunately, they got awesome room locations on both of those stays (buildings 7 an 9, room at the end of the building closest to the LK section -- so quick walk to buses and food court). Ironically, when they stayed at Pop Century they decided not to bother requesting a King room as they were more concerned about location within the resort on that stay so of course they got a king room on that stay (and in the building they requested!). :D
It most definitely depends on the length of stay and occupancy. And they will put you in a king accessible room, if that's what is available. Of course, those who need accessible get first priority, but if there are open ones, they will assign those too to people who request kings.

My family and I are staying in a Cars suite the second week of December. We would prefer a refurbished room, mainly for the storage space under the new raised bed. Does anyone know which building I should request to get a refurbished room? Or is it possible to put in a request specifically for a refurbished room?

My family and I are staying in a Cars suite the second week of December. We would prefer a refurbished room, mainly for the storage space under the new raised bed. Does anyone know which building I should request to get a refurbished room? Or is it possible to put in a request specifically for a refurbished room?

Just make one request of "refurbished room". Call the Main Reservation line and add that request to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Just make one request of "refurbished room". Call the Main Reservation line and add that request to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Thank you!! That’s what I’ll do.

Anyone with experience at Landscape of Flavors right at opening (6am during our upcoming stay):
1) Is it crowded?
2) Are all breakfast items available right at opening, waffles, omelettes, alcohol?
3) How long to get and eat breakfast in your experience?
4) Is this PB protein drink a snack credit? What about the mango smoothie?
Peanut Butter Protein Buster
Vanilla, Soy Milk, Banana, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Protein Powder
$5.99

Anything else rope droppers should know about trying to at least grab tea and coffee before heading to the parks early?

Anyone with experience at Landscape of Flavors right at opening (6am during our upcoming stay):
1) Is it crowded?
2) Are all breakfast items available right at opening, waffles, omelettes, alcohol?
3) How long to get and eat breakfast in your experience?
4) Is this PB protein drink a snack credit? What about the mango smoothie?
Peanut Butter Protein Buster
Vanilla, Soy Milk, Banana, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate Protein Powder
$5.99

Anything else rope droppers should know about trying to at least grab tea and coffee before heading to the parks early?

May vary depending on time of year, but we didn't find it to be that busy at that time of morning. All food stations open at that time, but not everything is necessarily ready - we had to wait for breakfast sandwiches, and they were still setting things up. We were just two adults and it took us maybe 30 minutes to get and eat breakfast, but we pretty much knew what we wanted and we eat relatively quickly. We also each took care of ourselves, with no kids to worry about. Grabbing tea and coffee is easy enough, especially if you have reusable mugs and don't have to cash out for a cup. The whole drink area in the middle gets a little busy with people all over, but everything you need for coffee is right there and I believe there are at least two spots for coffee in the middle drink area.

Is there anyway to temporarily hang a curtain to divide the two sleeping areas (not the bedroom - which I assume has a door) by, say, using the 3M hanging hooks or something similar? or is that doorway/opening too large? It is hard to tell by the images I've seen online.

If anyone is there currently and could report on Halloween activities at the resort today that would be really helpful for planning. TIA!

We checked in at AoA in the afternoon on 10/31 and were there for 2 nights. I was a little disappointed in the Halloween offerings, only because I had googled and found information from several years ago that indicated the resort used to offer character meet and greets, a dance party, costume parade, etc. My husband went to concierge before our 4:30 dinner at Disney Springs to ask about the activities for the night and received a trick or treating map with 6 stops. On his way back to the room he passed one of the set-ups and he said it was a cast member and a few decorations, handing out candy. Unfortunately he didn't ask when the event started and ended and by the time we got back to our room after dinner and headed out, the event was over and there was no sign of it. It was over before 7 pm, so not sure how long it lasted. Hope that helps!

Anything special there in way of holiday activities or decorations or food offerings in December? We'll be at AoA for the first time Dec. 8-16.

Does anyone know if they are still doing the Little Mermaid swim class? We will be going in May/June 2020, and my granddaughter would love to do this!!!
Thanks!!

Anything special there in way of holiday activities or decorations or food offerings in December? We'll be at AoA for the first time Dec. 8-16.

These were some of last year's decorations in the main lobby. Decorations at the value resorts are minimal compared to the moderates and deluxes.

What is special about staying at a value is that since their rooms have windows facing the hall/walkway, people will decorate their window. We usually use just window clings or something else flat since suitcase space is at a premium but I try to add a few hidden Mickey's out of snowflakes or flowers. Some people really go all out and will use lights, garland, stockings, their stuffed animals, etc. It is fun to just walk by all the windows going around the resort.

Attachments

• IMG_9061.JPG
    IMG_9061.JPG
    80.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9060.JPG
    IMG_9060.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 21
Just checked in today; we were supposed to be in a LM room but when I got the room ready text I was shocked to see we are in a Nemo suite! Such an amazing surprise. The kids love having their own bed (it’s DH, myself, DD3 and DS5). The Murphy was so easy to use and the picture of Nemo and his dad snuggling is adorable. Our daughter loves the sofa bed. So nice to have kids sleeping and husband and I can read, chat, keep a light on, etc in the bedroom.

Hello! I have an odd question, but does anyone know if the TV's in the Finding Nemo suites have a USB input? I want to hook up a hard drive to put classic movies on while I am there, but I don't have a better option. The newly refurbished rooms look like they have a pretty new TV model, but I can't see the back of the TV to make sure. My other option is one of those cheap media players that hooks up via HDMI, or does anyone know if the WiFi is sufficient to stream movies (disney+)? I am planning to ask for a room near transportation and the highest floor, preferably in building 4, with a pool view.

Thanks.

Hello! I have an odd question, but does anyone know if the TV's in the Finding Nemo suites have a USB input? I want to hook up a hard drive to put classic movies on while I am there, but I don't have a better option. The newly refurbished rooms look like they have a pretty new TV model, but I can't see the back of the TV to make sure. My other option is one of those cheap media players that hooks up via HDMI, or does anyone know if the WiFi is sufficient to stream movies (disney+)? I am planning to ask for a room near transportation and the highest floor, preferably in building 4, with a pool view.

Thanks.
We are in a finding Nemo suite on the 4th floor with a pool view and can see some fireworks too. Here is a photo of the back of the tv. Sorry the photo is sideways.

Attachments

• BAF7EC09-0459-4F8E-A998-3807ADF8227F.jpeg
    BAF7EC09-0459-4F8E-A998-3807ADF8227F.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 17

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!