Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Thank you so much Beachmom0317! That was awesome! - I will be calling to ask them for a 4th floor pool view room! Hope the rest of your trip is great.

Of course! We’re in building 4

Do you mind me asking, do you think all room on that floor looking down at the pool are able to view some fireworks? Also is there just one elevator in the middle of the building or are there also elevators at the ends of the hallways? I am trying to figure out what room request to make, I know building 4, floor 4, now I am hoping to be nearest the elevator, if there is an elevator near the end of the hallway I would prefer that. Thanks again for your help!

Do you mind me asking, do you think all room on that floor looking down at the pool are able to view some fireworks? Also is there just one elevator in the middle of the building or are there also elevators at the ends of the hallways? I am trying to figure out what room request to make, I know building 4, floor 4, now I am hoping to be nearest the elevator, if there is an elevator near the end of the hallway I would prefer that. Thanks again for your help!
I am not sure about the other rooms. We just checked out (doing split stay) and we were in room 4813 which was at the very end of the hallway, last room. We were at the end of building 4 closest to main lobby building. We only saw the elevator in the middle of the hallway. Even though we were last room down it was less than a 30 second walk. We had staircase next to our room so we used that a lot

We checked in at AoA in the afternoon on 10/31 and were there for 2 nights. I was a little disappointed in the Halloween offerings, only because I had googled and found information from several years ago that indicated the resort used to offer character meet and greets, a dance party, costume parade, etc.
We were also there on Halloween and there were characters doing a meet and greet in the lobby around 12pm that day. We just stumbled across it, so I'm not sure if there was a schedule for it or anything like that.

Can we just come and visit the resort while we are in the area next week? We will have a rental car and would like to see the Cars area. The reason I ask is, I have heard that Caribbean Beach Resort has been more difficult to just go visit because of the Skyliner; is that the case with AOA? Hoping they aren't more strict on allow people to come in that aren't staying there. Thanks!

Can we just come and visit the resort while we are in the area next week? We will have a rental car and would like to see the Cars area. The reason I ask is, I have heard that Caribbean Beach Resort has been more difficult to just go visit because of the Skyliner; is that the case with AOA? Hoping they aren't more strict on allow people to come in that aren't staying there. Thanks!
Anyone can visit the resort, but I can't confirm what the parking policy is. You could always take the bus or the Skyliner to the resort from a park.

We were also there on Halloween and there were characters doing a meet and greet in the lobby around 12pm that day. We just stumbled across it, so I'm not sure if there was a schedule for it or anything like that.

Good to know! We may do Halloween again next year and my kids would have loved to see the characters, especially if they were dressed up. Sounds like most of the action must have happened earlier in the afternoon.

I just booked a quick 3 night trip (only 2 park days) for mid-January... we unexpectedly needed a trip to Orlando to visit family so I thought I'd try to make it fun for the kids.

I noticed a few posts back a mention of refurbished rooms. Which rooms/buildings have been refurbished? I was planning a Nemo suite this time, but if I can get a refurbished Cars suite I would probably go for that instead.

Do buses still run to Epcot and Hollywood Studios now that the Skyliner is open? Some in our party have a fear of heights, so not sure that the Skyliner is the way to go.

If buses still run, are they frequent?

Do buses still run to Epcot and Hollywood Studios now that the Skyliner is open? Some in our party have a fear of heights, so not sure that the Skyliner is the way to go.

If buses still run, are they frequent?

Buses are still running. As far as I know, they are still running on a regular basis.

I just booked a quick 3 night trip (only 2 park days) for mid-January... we unexpectedly needed a trip to Orlando to visit family so I thought I'd try to make it fun for the kids.

I noticed a few posts back a mention of refurbished rooms. Which rooms/buildings have been refurbished? I was planning a Nemo suite this time, but if I can get a refurbished Cars suite I would probably go for that instead.
When we stayed at a Cars suite in November, it was a refurbished one. Building 3. I did not like the removal of the previous carpeting. It was replaced by what I can only describe as rubber matting. It made the room louder and more echoey. Not like we hung out there all that much! But it still made the kids excitement LOUDER.

My family and I are staying in a Cars suite the second week of December. We would prefer a refurbished room, mainly for the storage space under the new raised bed. Does anyone know which building I should request to get a refurbished room? Or is it possible to put in a request specifically for a refurbished room?
We were in Building 3. It was refurb'ed!

I’ve been scouring the internet for information on this and can’t find a lot. I found a video on YouTube posted in November that said buildings 2 & 3 were done in Cars and that they were about halfway through with Nemo with each building taking 3-4 weeks. The vloggers indicated that their understanding is that the work would go in this order: 2, 3 (Cars), 4,5 (Nemo), etc. with 1 (Cars) being the last building to get the updates.

Trying to see if anyone knows exactly which Nemo rooms have been refurbished. We are headed there in a couple of weeks and would like to try to request one. Thank you for any help.

Trying to see if anyone knows exactly which Nemo rooms have been refurbished. We are headed there in a couple of weeks and would like to try to request one. Thank you for any help.

I would word your request as "refurbished suite please".

The last time we were at AoA, the pet policy had just been approved. We were placed in building 2 (cars), and we were told that the whole building was designated as "pet free". Is this still the case? Does anyone have a list of buildings which may be listed as "pet free"?

The last time we were at AoA, the pet policy had just been approved. We were placed in building 2 (cars), and we were told that the whole building was designated as "pet free". Is this still the case? Does anyone have a list of buildings which may be listed as "pet free"?

There are none that are pet free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!