Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

I'm also curious about the updating of the suites. What is the timeline on this project? We have stayed in a Cars suite twice at AoA, but notice the carpet in particular was really worn on our second visit. Thanks!

What's the latest on renovations in the LM buildings? Are they starting in just one or doing something in all 3?

These are all great questions, but we don't have great sources regarding construction/refurbishment right now. Last I knew, they were working on the first of the LM buildings. That was about a week ago, I think. It takes a few weeks to do each building, generally speaking.

These are all great questions, but we don't have great sources regarding construction/refurbishment right now. Last I knew, they were working on the first of the LM buildings. That was about a week ago, I think. It takes a few weeks to do each building, generally speaking.

In November there was a wing of Finding Nemo rooms just by Big Blue that were closed. You could see construction through the windows. Surely those are done by now? But I havent heard of anyone staying in one.

We're considering extending our planned trip and going a few days early next week! Little Mermaid room seems like a good last minute and economical choice...should we be deterred because of all of the construction?

And to clarify- sounds like Skyliner isn't up and running soon enough for early HS hours? But the first bus of the day or a lyft/minnie van would work?

Thanks!

I can say we didn't like our renovated room, other than the lifted master bed. The lack of carpeting, as it was replaced by hard flooring (perhaps a thick rubber?), made the room very loud and echoey when two adults and 2 kids were in there doing our thing. I had been excited to try a renovated room in building 3, but the choice of hard flooring, which would obviously stand the test of time, made the room sound like a cave. It was the first thing I noticed as we rolled in on Day One. My kids were so excited, their excitement reverberated throughout the entire family suite.

I took time to sit and pull up old photos from 2013 to see what the carpeting had looked like. I missed the carpeting. The dull black hard flooring was economical, of course, but a sad replacement.

I went back in this thread and didn't see it so does anyone know for sure what they're actually doing in the LM rooms? I've heard flooring and new mattresses, but wasn't sure if they were doing a complete overhaul like they did for Pop and currently for the All Star's. I'm a little surprised they're doing Music and AOA at the same time, but I guess to get ready for the 50th? Was also surprised to see it included in the room discount offer.

I'm hoping they continue being included because I've been wanting to stay there, but seems silly to when you can get a discount and queen sized bed across the lake.

I went back in this thread and didn't see it so does anyone know for sure what they're actually doing in the LM rooms? I've heard flooring and new mattresses, but wasn't sure if they were doing a complete overhaul like they did for Pop and currently for the All Star's. I'm a little surprised they're doing Music and AOA at the same time, but I guess to get ready for the 50th? Was also surprised to see it included in the room discount offer.

I'm hoping they continue being included because I've been wanting to stay there, but seems silly to when you can get a discount and queen sized bed across the lake.
No one is quite sure and I am not aware of images of the refurbished rooms. There are educated guesses that the carpet will be removed. There is a report floating around that the current bed platforms were removed but beyond that and the assumption that mattresses will be new, no one quite knows yet.

No one is quite sure and I am not aware of images of the refurbished rooms. There are educated guesses that the carpet will be removed. There is a report floating around that the current bed platforms were removed but beyond that and the assumption that mattresses will be new, no one quite knows yet.

Thanks for the info. Seems strange that it's being kept under wraps. I felt like they were very up front about the changes at Pop and what's currently going on at the All Stars

Is there anyway to temporarily hang a curtain to divide the two sleeping areas (not the bedroom - which I assume has a door) by, say, using the 3M hanging hooks or something similar? or is that doorway/opening too large? It is hard to tell by the images I've seen online.
It’s a pretty wide space—almost the whole width of the living room—that you’d be trying to cover. I’d say even a king sheet wouldn’t cover it all, and that’s pretty heavy for a Command strip. Plus those things don’t always come off well—I’ve got three massive places I now have to patch on my brand-new Sheetrock because they stuck 🤬.

We just booked a trip in April, it will be my first time staying at AoA. I have a question, now that the Skyliner is running, are there still buses to EPCOT and HS, or have those gone away? Does the Skyliner run the same hours as the buses would, i.e. an hour before and an hour after park hours? Also, what happens if the Skyliner isn't running due to weather?

TIA!

I’ll be staying in LM room in June. Just read they are renovating these rooms? Where can I find more info about Reno? I’ve stayed at reno Pop rooms and loved them. Will coffee pots be available now? Thanks for any info

We will also be in the LM rooms in June. 😀

Looking forward to our stay and hoping for a renovated room. I’ve heard conflicting accounts about room renovations. I heard they had already started, but the CM with whom I booked the reservation said reno will start in April on the LM rooms. I’d love to have a coffee pot. That’s the biggest downside of the current room to me.

We just booked a trip in April, it will be my first time staying at AoA. I have a question, now that the Skyliner is running, are there still buses to EPCOT and HS, or have those gone away? Does the Skyliner run the same hours as the buses would, i.e. an hour before and an hour after park hours? Also, what happens if the Skyliner isn't running due to weather?

TIA!
Buses to Epcot and HS come hourly when the skyliner is running.

We will also be in the LM rooms in June. 😀

Looking forward to our stay and hoping for a renovated room. I’ve heard conflicting accounts about room renovations. I heard they had already started, but the CM with whom I booked the reservation said reno will start in April on the LM rooms. I’d love to have a coffee pot. That’s the biggest downside of the current room to me.

LM room renovations have definitely started. There have been pictures posted and first-hand reports on various message boards and FB groups. Phone CMs are notorious for having outdated/wrong information. I've also seen people post that they've been able to request a coffee maker if their room doesn't have one. Apparently the resorts have a few that they will loan out if the room doesn't have one (no guarantee, though). Just something to keep in mind if you don't get a refurbished room in June.

LM room renovations have definitely started. There have been pictures posted and first-hand reports on various message boards and FB groups. Phone CMs are notorious for having outdated/wrong information. I've also seen people post that they've been able to request a coffee maker if their room doesn't have one. Apparently the resorts have a few that they will loan out if the room doesn't have one (no guarantee, though). Just something to keep in mind if you don't get a refurbished room in June.
Are you aware of any pictures of what they are doing? I have seen the pics of work in progress from the outside of building 8 but am dying to see what they are doing inside the room.

Are you aware of any pictures of what they are doing? I have seen the pics of work in progress from the outside of building 8 but am dying to see what they are doing inside the room.

No, I haven't seen any interior pictures. I doubt that any rooms are complete yet. I'm sure once they are some pictures will leak out. I'm assuming that they're doing the same type of set up that they've done at Pop and All Stars and the refurbishments there. Time will tell.

Thanks! That’s good info to have.
Do we know in which buildings reno has begun?

will be staying in AOA for first time in September . . . . which buildings are LK and how many family suites do they have? Looking forward to our first stay there anything we should know (we will 5 adults only)

will be staying in AOA for first time in September . . . . which buildings are LK and how many family suites do they have? Looking forward to our first stay there anything we should know (we will 5 adults only)
Lion King buildings are 6 and 10. No pool there, but the Big Blue pool and the LM pool are close.
I love the outside theming around the LK area.
All the LK rooms are family suites. The LM rooms are the only ones at AoA that are single rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts