Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Well add us to the list. We are going in early Jan 2018 to the Boardwalk Villa. We thought the kids were too old (19/17) but they still wanted to go so we are making it happen.

We normally do Pop or Art of Animation so this is a BIG jump for us, resort and price wise. However, we do so much in EPCOT that we feel the convenience of the short walk and the dining plan there will really be worth it.

We are in a deluxe room (not the 1 or 2 bedroom). Anyone able to suggest rooms we should ask for? We would like to be as close to possible to the boardwalk so easy to come/go to Epcot..

Thanks and happy to have found these forums!
I haven't stayed in the Villas so I'll leave that for the experts. But you will love the convenience to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. And a lot of info on the first page of this thread. And welcome to the DISBoards!

Well add us to the list. We are going in early Jan 2018 to the Boardwalk Villa. We thought the kids were too old (19/17) but they still wanted to go so we are making it happen.

We normally do Pop or Art of Animation so this is a BIG jump for us, resort and price wise. However, we do so much in EPCOT that we feel the convenience of the short walk and the dining plan there will really be worth it.

We are in a deluxe room (not the 1 or 2 bedroom). Anyone able to suggest rooms we should ask for? We would like to be as close to possible to the boardwalk so easy to come/go to Epcot..

Thanks and happy to have found these forums!

Did you book through disney or rent points? There's different view categories depending on whom you booked with. All view categories have rooms very close to the lobby and all views have rooms very far from the lobby. With that being said, even the furthest room isn't that far, maybe a 3-4 minute walk. So maybe just ask for close to lobby, although I request this every time and get out at the end of the hall, soooo. Just FYI, these rooms have 1 queen, I pull out and a fold down bed. My 5'2", 115 lb. friend attempted to sleep on the fold down bed and said she felt like she was in a coffin and barely fit so I probably wouldn't count on someone actually sleeping there.

Isn't a deluxe room on the Inn side? I thought CrankyDad said he was not staying in a 1 or 2 bedroom, so I assumed it wasn't a villa.
I wish I could help, but this will be our first stay at the BW too!
BTW, was on hold over an hour today hoping to get the 20% Holiday Magic special that was announced today, but no luck. I didn't expect a 2BR villa during F&W to be available anyhow, but I thought I'd try!

Isn't a deluxe room on the Inn side? I thought CrankyDad said he was not staying in a 1 or 2 bedroom, so I assumed it wasn't a villa.
I wish I could help, but this will be our first stay at the BW too!
BTW, was on hold over an hour today hoping to get the 20% Holiday Magic special that was announced today, but no luck. I didn't expect a 2BR villa during F&W to be available anyhow, but I thought I'd try!

Well, there are "Deluxe rooms" which are on the Inn side; they have 2 queens and a pullout sofa (sleep 6) and are part of the "Club Level."
Then there are "Deluxe Studios" which are on the Villa side; they have 1 queen, a pull out sofa, and a pull down bed (sleep 5.)

I'm not sure which one CrankyDad is getting.

ETA: Also, there are 1 and 2 bedroom suites on the Inn Side, on club level :)

Well, there are "Deluxe rooms" which are on the Inn side; they have 2 queens and a pullout sofa (sleep 6) and are part of the "Club Level."
Then there are "Deluxe Studios" which are on the Villa side; they have 1 queen, a pull out sofa, and a pull down bed (sleep 5.)

I'm not sure which one CrankyDad is getting.

ETA: Also, there are 1 and 2 bedroom suites on the Inn Side, on club level :)

Ok we got the Deluxe Villa Studio. 1 Queen, 1 pull out sofa and one pull down bed. My understanding is that is a vacation club room. ?? We booked it via Disney directly. I checked the map and that area (around main pool) was listed as the deluxe villa studios.

Ok we got the Deluxe Villa Studio. 1 Queen, 1 pull out sofa and one pull down bed. My understanding is that is a vacation club room. ?? We booked it via Disney directly. I checked the map and that area (around main pool) was listed as the deluxe villa studios.
Studios will be all over the resort, DVC side. You will get a garden/pool view studio, so I would request Village green area to be close to the lobby and a side view of the boardwalk. This area can be loud since they play the movies on the village green, just FYI. And remember a request is just that, it's not guaranteed, so you could just as well be put at the very end of a long hallway. Its indoors, so it's not that bad, even if you are far away.

I have an interesting question/dilemma. We're staying at BWV in October before boarding the Fantasy for a week. Since we have a late flight the day we disembark, we're planning on taking Disney transportation back to enjoy the parks. Will the Boardwalk stow our bags for us, or do we have to be current guests?

I have an interesting question/dilemma. We're staying at BWV in October before boarding the Fantasy for a week. Since we have a late flight the day we disembark, we're planning on taking Disney transportation back to enjoy the parks. Will the Boardwalk stow our bags for us, or do we have to be current guests?
They sure will! Just leave them with Bell Services. How are you getting to the airport from the Boardwalk?

IMG_0890.JPG Here are the new toiletries. Not sure if anyone posted a pic lately. The shampoo, conditioner, and body wash were in shower and I forgot to get a pic of them. They were in a tube like the body lotion above and were Sea Marine (my favorite). Love the extra stuff you get. It was very nice.

Whoops! Wrong thread. Thought I was replying to the AKL thread I'm on. So good news about the new toiletries then! We will get to try them. Woohoo!!!!

I have some info about parking at the BW. We asked the guard on our way in one night after not being allowed to park at the poly if he enforces parking for guests and reservations only. He replied "No. I'll let anyone park as long as they can find parking."

Long story but this was what we encountered on our trip this past week. We rented a car for 2 days since my dh and I didn't have park tickets this trip. The first night we arrived back at the resort to a full lot. Dh was not happy. He and 2 other cars drove around for a while until finally a spot opened up far from the resort.

The next day we wanted to go to the poly to eat at Tambu Lounge and shop. We were turned away. Same at the GF. I called a manager at the poly to explain our frustration and not having tickets so we definitely didn't want to park at MK and fight the traffic there. He finally got back to us about 15 minutes later saying he had gotten us reservations at kona with no cancel fee. Well by this time we had already given up hope and dh was very annoyed so we were heading back to BW by the time he got back to us.

The experience of being turned away made me feel like we didn't belong and it didn't matter to Disney that we were guests. It actually made me cry on the way back to the BW. It was very disappointing.

I guess we can thank those who park there only to hop over to the MK. There's a You Tuber out there who does this and it makes me mad.

I have some info about parking at the BW. We asked the guard on our way in one night after not being allowed to park at the poly if he enforces parking for guests and reservations only. He replied "No. I'll let anyone park as long as they can find parking."

Long story but this was what we encountered on our trip this past week. We rented a car for 2 days since my dh and I didn't have park tickets this trip. The first night we arrived back at the resort to a full lot. Dh was not happy. He and 2 other cars drove around for a while until finally a spot opened up far from the resort.

The next day we wanted to go to the poly to eat at Tambu Lounge and shop. We were turned away. Same at the GF. I called a manager at the poly to explain our frustration and not having tickets so we definitely didn't want to park at MK and fight the traffic there. He finally got back to us about 15 minutes later saying he had gotten us reservations at kona with no cancel fee. Well by this time we had already given up hope and dh was very annoyed so we were heading back to BW by the time he got back to us.

The experience of being turned away made me feel like we didn't belong and it didn't matter to Disney that we were guests. It actually made me cry on the way back to the BW. It was very disappointing.

I guess we can thank those who park there only to hop over to the MK. There's a You Tuber out there who does this and it makes me mad.

Forgive my confusion, are you upset that the Boardwalk does not enforce parking regulations and allows anyone to park there? Or are you upset that the Poly did enforce the parking regulations? It is not clear, at least to me, whether or not you had an ADR at Poly when you went and were turned away.

Last edited:
@BK2014...We did not have an ADR. Tambu lounge doesn't have them.

After being turned away from parking at the Poly we were upset to find out that not all of the resorts are doing this. If MK resorts enforce it then so should the Epcot resorts. Only fair.

Last edited:
They sure will! Just leave them with Bell Services. How are you getting to the airport from the Boardwalk?

My daughter, who works for the Mouse. We're flying out after her shift ends. I was originally gong to rent a car at the port, because I wasn't sure of her schedule. This works out better.

This is one of the things I'm most worried about for our upcoming Boardwalk stay. We have stayed at AKL in the past and never had trouble finding a parking spot. After booking here, I started reading reports about having difficulty parking at Boardwalk. We are going at the end of January, so I hope the lot will not be so crowded. However, now I'm wondering if I need to set aside a valet parking fund for the trip just in case.

Alternatively, I'm trying to think of ways to minimize moving the car. I know we can get to HS and EPCOT w/o driving. AK it's either bus (which we won't do thanks to two people who are easily motion sick) or drive. But, as long as we aren't heading to MK before EPCOT opens and have park hoppers, could we stroll through EPCOT to take the monorail to MK and then head back before EPCOT closes?

This is one of the things I'm most worried about for our upcoming Boardwalk stay. We have stayed at AKL in the past and never had trouble finding a parking spot. After booking here, I started reading reports about having difficulty parking at Boardwalk. We are going at the end of January, so I hope the lot will not be so crowded. However, now I'm wondering if I need to set aside a valet parking fund for the trip just in case.

Alternatively, I'm trying to think of ways to minimize moving the car. I know we can get to HS and EPCOT w/o driving. AK it's either bus (which we won't do thanks to two people who are easily motion sick) or drive. But, as long as we aren't heading to MK before EPCOT opens and have park hoppers, could we stroll through EPCOT to take the monorail to MK and then head back before EPCOT closes?
Yes you can absolutely walk through Epcot and back if you can't take the bus. You would need to transfer at TTC to MK monorail and of course put in consideration the time needed to walk through epcot and back.

Maybe the new Minnie Vans will be helpful for people with parking concerns.

Good idea! That or uber might be the way to go if we are crunched for time and don't want to move the car. I have heard Minnie vans are $20 per ride, though, so uber might be cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter