Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

My husband, me, my dad and stepmother will be at BWI 11/5-11/11. It has been a few years since we stayed at BWI, my parents never have stayed there. We also have never purchased the refillable mugs at BWI - where do you purchase them; at the same places they have the refills? TIA

My husband, me, my dad and stepmother will be at BWI 11/5-11/11. It has been a few years since we stayed at BWI, my parents never have stayed there. We also have never purchased the refillable mugs at BWI - where do you purchase them; at the same places they have the refills? TIA
You can purchase mugs at the BW Bakery.
Have a great trip.

On our way home from another great trip and stay at the Boardwalk. We were in room 4261 on the corner by Flying Fish with the big balcony. Housekeeping and turndown always excellent. Club level experience has changed a bit. We still love all the cast members but they have added so many extra rooms compared to the size of the lounge. Some evenings and one morning there was no place to sit. The noise level was definitely higher and some kids were out of control with one walking on a table at one point. Mom asked a cast member to take care of him:sad2:
It was neat having a chef and for the most part the food was excellent but they took the taco bar out that DD and her friend were looking forward too and replaced it with octopus. The mac and cheese from last year gone also so the teens were disappointed. Like I said we will always stay there because we love the experience and cast members but it has definitely changed.

We just returned from our stay in the 1 Bedroom Villa. I have a picture to show that an air mattress can fit in the master bedroom. We really loved all the space in the 1 bedroom. Our adult son thought the pull out couch was a rough on his back. I tried it and would agree. It may have just been that one because we stayed with family who had a studio and their mattress on the pull out was much better. We did request a topper or something to help but they kept sending up a water proof mattress cover.
IMG_4355.JPG IMG_4356.JPG

Was that the only reason you would describe it as "Deluxe-Light", or were there other factors?
It's hard for me to describe, but I just didn't have the "feel" I would expect with a Deluxe. The Dolphin was much more "deluxe" to me - we stayed there six times and loved it. Parking was very out of the way - thought the bus stop was, also. Had to go "in and out" - like we do when we stay at POFQ. The room and balcony were lovely. Just didn't think there was enough amenities.

....hi - I'm new to this thread and I need some help. We booked a BWV studio for F&WF and need suggestions for a room WITHOUT a view of that hideous c---n pool....any suggestions? [TIA]

Last edited:

....hi - new to this thread and I need some help. We booked a BWV studio for F&WF and need suggestions for a room WITHOUT a view of that hideous c---n pool....any suggestions? [TIA]

Did you book with points or cash? What room type did you book?

We want to drive to the Boardwalk for dinner and we will be taking my mother in law and her scooter with us. We will be coming from the CB resort. Can we park at Boardwalk in the evening?
Thanks!
And you may want to check about valet parking if you have a handicap placard or license plate. Often (or at least as recently as July 4th), it is complimentary with the placard or license. (Of course you may want to tip.) If you don't have the placard, I would suggest dropping them off at the front to unload the scooter. Hope you have a great visit!

....hi - new to this thread and I need some help. We booked a BWV studio for F&WF and need suggestions for a room WITHOUT a view of that hideous c---n pool....any suggestions? [TIA]

If you booked a Pool/Garden view room at Boardwalk Villas, I would suggest requesting a Village Green view :cloud9: I had a studio there in May and it was fabulous :yay: It overlooked the Boardwalk porch, the Village Green area which is now AstroTurf and looks great and I even could see Crescent Lake :love: I'll have to figure out how to post pictures now because I refuse to pay for Photobucket :furious:

I've seen a lot of recommendations for the Village Green area. However, is it true that there are no 2BRs on that side? If no village green, then where would be a great 2br pool/garden view villa location? I would really like to be able to see fireworks and also would prefer not to have a super long walk.

Just got an email saying that there 'might be' construction going on while I am there. Anyone know what is being done?

I've seen a lot of recommendations for the Village Green area. However, is it true that there are no 2BRs on that side? If no village green, then where would be a great 2br pool/garden view villa location? I would really like to be able to see fireworks and also would prefer not to have a super long walk.

I believe you are right, I think all the Village Green rooms are studios :daisy:

I apologize, as I'm sure this answer is somewhere in this thread, but I'm having trouble finding it.

Is there a detailed room map of the resort that distinguishes the types and views of the rooms? We are staying in a 1-BR Villa, Standard View, and I have no idea what I should request. Our priority would be closeness to Epcot and/or the bus station. Thanks.

I apologize, as I'm sure this answer is somewhere in this thread, but I'm having trouble finding it.

Is there a detailed room map of the resort that distinguishes the types and views of the rooms? We are staying in a 1-BR Villa, Standard View, and I have no idea what I should request. Our priority would be closeness to Epcot and/or the bus station. Thanks.

If you go over to the DVC Resort Board, there is a thread about BWV views.

You also can check Touring Plans website, but that is not always accurate.

This thread breaks down view type/ room type
https://www.disboards.com/threads/courtesy-of-shamus-bwv-villa-locations-by-view.2931467/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!