Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Booked a Gardenview room at BWI for 01/27 - 30 for myself and DH. Do I need to make a request for a king bed or is that self-explanatory?

Staying in at the BWV March 29th-April 6th! We love the Boardwalk and can’t wait to be there in 71 days!

Lobby: Floor 2
Buses to MK and AK: Floor 2
Pool: Floor 1
Path to Epcot and Path to DHS: Floor 1
Boardwalk: Floor 1

The elevator on the DVC side goes all the way down to Floor 1.

But if I recall correctly, the lowest floor for the elevator on the Inn side is Floor 2.
Edited to add from someone else: You can actually get to ground level on the Inn side BUT it only goes to the courtyard area where the quiet pool, garden cottages, etc. are located. To my knowledge there is no egress from that area to the Boardwalk or beyond (unless you walk through the service/Cast Member gate near the quiet pool which would be a no-no).

So if you are staying on the Inn side, you can take the elevator down to Floor 2. If you need to get to Floor 1, you can walk over to the elevators on the DVC side (near the tiny gift shop) and take the elevator to Floor 1. Or if you can take the stairs to Floor 1 if you are able.

There is an elevator near the lounge on the Inn side that goes only from Boardwalk level (first floor) to lounge/lobby level (second floor). To get an elevator to the Boardwalk, you do not need to go all the way to the Villas side.

Updating my earlier post regarding elevators at BoardWalk Inn & Villas.

Lobby: Floor 2
Buses to MK and AK: Floor 2
Pools: Floor 1
Path to Epcot and Path to DHS: Floor 1
Boardwalk: Floor 1

If you want to get to Floor 1, the elevator on the DVC side will take you there.

If you are staying on the Inn side: you can take the elevator down to 2 and then:

a) Walk over the the elevators on the Villa side (near the little gift shop) and take those elevators down to 1.

b) Go out the door and take the big stairs down to the Boardwalk level.

c) Someone said: You can actually get to ground level on the Inn side BUT it only goes to the courtyard area where the quiet pool, garden cottages, etc. are located. To my knowledge there is no egress from that area to the Boardwalk or beyond (unless you walk through the service/Cast Member gate near the quiet pool which would be a no-no).

d) Someone else said: There is an elevator near the lounge on the Inn side that goes only from Boardwalk level (first floor) to lounge/lobby level (second floor). To get an elevator to the Boardwalk, you do not need to go all the way to the Villas side.

Booked a Gardenview room at BWI for 01/27 - 30 for myself and DH. Do I need to make a request for a king bed or is that self-explanatory?
Request. Only time it's self explanatory is when you book a King room (which can only be done at Mods)
Good news, while it is still a request, BWI is the one resort were we've almost always been granted a King room. No idea if they just have more or we just get lucky there.

I'm staying at BWV standard studio on rented points. Do they have ceiling fans? If not can I request a fan from the front desk? I am willing to pay a fee if that's the case.

Is there anyone staying at BWV right now that has use for a case of water? I overordered and just do not want it to go to waste. It is still all sealed. We leave Sunday.

I'm staying at BWV standard studio on rented points. Do they have ceiling fans? If not can I request a fan from the front desk? I am willing to pay a fee if that's the case.

You can request a box fan! We always do at BWV and always get one. No charge. We like it for the sound, we always sleep with one on at home, even during the winter.

We booked one of the Boardwalk Inn cottages (aka garden room club level I think) today for the fall. :woohoo: We’ve always wanted to stay in one of those. Our own little home at the BW! Looking forward to it!

Congrats! I stayed in one last month with my (grown) DD and we both LOVED it!!!!

Congrats! I stayed in one last month with my (grown) DD and we both LOVED it!!!!

Good to hear. I have one booked in February. I added two nights to the end of my trip and this was the only CL room available at BWI. Did you find it a pain to get to the lounge? They look so cute, I am really looking forward to it.

Just booked our stay at BWV! Super excited since it'll be our first time at BW and I've always wanted to. I see that 4pm is the check-in time for the Villas. We were hoping to do Not So Scary on our check-in day and we would be at MK right when we can get in. Should we have any problem with that?

Last edited:
Just booked our stay at BWV! Super excited since it'll be our first time at BW and I've always wanted to. I see that 4pm is the check-in time for the Villas. We were hoping to do Not So Scary on our check-in day and we would be at MK right when we can get in. Should we have any problem with that?

Not sure what you're asking. I stayed at BVW twice last year and both times my room was ready when I got there before 1:00. But on other trips my room was not ready at 4:00. One time it was after 5:30. You can always leave your luggage with Bell Services if your room is not ready.

Good to hear. I have one booked in February. I added two nights to the end of my trip and this was the only CL room available at BWI. Did you find it a pain to get to the lounge? They look so cute, I am really looking forward to it.

We were in cottage # 1211, which was very close to the back stairway. It was a little bit of a hike, but neither of us minded one bit! The courtyard is such a peaceful area; it really added to the entire experience!

If the weather had been stormy, it could have been a pain, but we had great weather and it was no problem at all! They do provide umbrellas so they're available, if needed! ;)

We were in cottage # 1211, which was very close to the back stairway. It was a little bit of a hike, but neither of us minded one bit! The courtyard is such a peaceful area; it really added to the entire experience!

If the weather had been stormy, it could have been a pain, but we had great weather and it was no problem at all! They do provide umbrellas so they're available, if needed! ;)
Thank you for the feedback. That area looks so pretty I am really looking forward to staying there.

You can always leave your luggage with belle services and head to MK for the party. After the party when you are back in your room, call bell services and they will bring up your luggage*

*Remember to tip bell services

Does anyone know if the Screen Door General Store sells hard boiled eggs? I like to have some protein in the morning but want to make it quick. I don't think the Bellevue Lounge sells egg breakfast sandwiches?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter