Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I am very worried about the parking situation at BWI, especially with the new parking fee regulation. I have booking for 4 nights in early August, Mon-Friday. Worried that people will park there for free to go to Epcot or DHS and I will be forced to park far far FAR away, or even by Speedway and still need to pay $24 a day for overnight. We will be driving to WDW so definitely will have a car with us.... Two years ago we stayed at AKL and finding a parking was not easy there neither.

What should I do to calm my nerves...? Will check in at BWI very early on a Monday morning in early August.. Any strategy??

The parking fees are only going to be charged on reservations that were made after March 21. Since you already have your reservation, you at least won't have to pay 24$ per night. During my last few visits, they only let people with a resort reservation or a dining reservation into the parking lot. However, even with that restriction, there was not a lot of space in the parking lot. However, we never had trouble finding a spot. Very early morning might be the worst time to find a spot as everyone who is staying at the hotel will be in the lot at that time. DUring the day, spots open up. If you do online check-in, there is no need to go to the hotel early in the morning unless you want to leave your luggage at bell services. Otherwise I would go directly to the theme park and then come back to the hotel in the afternoon when the room is ready. That would be a good time to find a spot fairly close. If you want to drop off luggage, do that by driving up to the entrance where bell services is, then drive to the park you want to hang out at.

Hey all, my wife and I decided we really wanted to stay in the Epcot area again so we are going to try to do a dvc rental through david's dvc request site. I'm assuming it's pretty difficult to get to rent a boardwalk studio villa since it's the cheapest dvc option in that area. We plan to put our request in the furthest ahead you can possibly request (we already know exactly when our next trip will be next year). Does anyone have experience with this rental process specifically for boardwalk studio villas? Are the studio villas really that hard to get that even putting your request in as early as they start accepting requests doesn't help much?

We just rented BWV from Davids for the 2019 marathon weekend next January. We put in right at the 11 month mark. I got my 1 bedroom immediately. My daughter wanted a standard studio, but that wasn't available, however she was able to get the next category up -preferred. This is our 3rd rental with Davids. No problems-easy!

Last edited:
It is one thing to pay $25 to park overnight, it is another thing to pay $25 and come back after 6pm and have to drive around the lot for half an hour to find a spot because
there is a special event at Epcot, a Star Wars event at HS, or the general crowd of people who park at the BW and then go to Epcot who are not registered guests.
Many parking guards have told me that they know people are lying when they say they are going to eat at ESPN or get a sandwich at the Bakery, but they have no choice but to let them in as they don't want any confrontation.
What the BW needs to do is put a gate by the lot near the convention center that is accessible only with your magic band. Having a Cast Member stand by this lot to check cars is great, but
when they leave at 5pm it makes the whole thing a joke. Having a sign at the entrance saying that parking is for registered guests only or those with dining reservations does no good. If you are not a registered guest then you need
to park in the lot by the villas, where they are supposed to park in the first place.
This will ensure sufficient parking spots for registered guests by the lot near the convention center.
I have spoken many times to the on duty managers when it was almost impossible to find a spot, and they all say the same thing - they are sorry, they know there is a problem, but nothing ever gets done.
What they have all said is that if there is no spot available to use valet, speak to them, and they will comp the parking for the night.
Next time I will take them up on their offer. And if enough resort guests who encounter the same problem do the same thing, maybe, but most likely not, management at BW will finally do something to fix
their parking problem.

What they have all said is that if there is no spot available to use valet, speak to them, and they will comp the parking for the night.

We parked by the villas on our last stay (since we were staying at the villas) and there was not a lot of space available at all since a large part is blocked off for the skyliner building works. And the even larger part of that lot is blocked off for valet. We never saw the valet lot more than 1/4 filled up. So, part of the problem is indeed the huge valet lot that they reserve. So, taking them up on the offer is a smart thing to do! Might tell them that the amount of spots they reserve for valet is just far too big.

The parking fees are only going to be charged on reservations that were made after March 21. Since you already have your reservation, you at least won't have to pay 24$ per night. During my last few visits, they only let people with a resort reservation or a dining reservation into the parking lot. However, even with that restriction, there was not a lot of space in the parking lot. However, we never had trouble finding a spot. Very early morning might be the worst time to find a spot as everyone who is staying at the hotel will be in the lot at that time. DUring the day, spots open up. If you do online check-in, there is no need to go to the hotel early in the morning unless you want to leave your luggage at bell services. Otherwise I would go directly to the theme park and then come back to the hotel in the afternoon when the room is ready. That would be a good time to find a spot fairly close. If you want to drop off luggage, do that by driving up to the entrance where bell services is, then drive to the park you want to hang out at.

Thank you very much @Flossbolna! Your suggestion is very helpful!

OK .. about ready to make a leap and rent DVC points for our stay so we can "upgrade" from a standard "garden view" room to a 1 bedroom villa ... anything I should watch out for or request that I wouldn't think to ask?

Is uber allowed at Boardwalk and if so, how long does it usually take. I want to use them to go to ak and I hate buses.
Tia

Is uber allowed at Boardwalk and if so, how long does it usually take. I want to use them to go to ak and I hate buses.
Tia

I have used Uber at the Boardwalk.

I can't answer as to how long it usually takes. I only used it a few times, to get to the airport. I don't remember how long it took. I'm sure other people will pipe in.

Is there a BWI-specific room reservation number to call in order to make a room request e.g. top floor, near elevators, Epcot view? I am unable to use the drop-down menus on the early check-in website. We will be checking in on April 16. First stay at BWI, can't wait.

Is there a BWI-specific room reservation number to call in order to make a room request e.g. top floor, near elevators, Epcot view? I am unable to use the drop-down menus on the early check-in website. We will be checking in on April 16. First stay at BWI, can't wait.
No number that I’m aware of. I would call reservations and have them add your requests that way.

Have a great trip.

OK .. about ready to make a leap and rent DVC points for our stay so we can "upgrade" from a standard "garden view" room to a 1 bedroom villa ... anything I should watch out for or request that I wouldn't think to ask?
Make sure your expectations meet booking requirements. If you are looking for almost anything 11 months out, you might be disappointed with no vacancy. DVC owners book their Sept to mid-Jan reservations 11 months out. Run Disney events, F&W, holidays, Jersey Week, all require 11 month bookings. Standard views go quickly at 11 months out. BW views go quickly at 11 months out. Studios go before one bedroom villas. The biggest issue you will have with "renting points" is having an owner with the points you need at the time you need them. From 11-7 seven months out, only owners with home resort advantage can book those resorts. If the points brokers don't have an owner with enough points for the resort you want to book at 7-11 months out, you won't be able to book it until seven months out. From seven months out, all DVC points are equal, but many of the villas will already be booked. What you see available online at the Disney Reservation Center is not what is available for points stays. They are two different sets of inventory.

A few weeks ago on this page we were talking about the fact that the BWI CL rooms are not showing a water view bookable room. I asked a week before my trip when I called in and after a bit of a problem getting them to understand what I meant they didn't have an answer to why or how to book a water view room. I then asked a week ago when we were staying at the BWI CL and again the CM had to look it up and was surprised to find that unless you were booking a deluxe room no water view room shows up. I was told they were going to get an answer for me on how to book a water view room but then I got distracted and forgot to ask again before I left. So today I once again looked at booking a room this fall and still there is no booking for a water view room and I remembered that I never received an answer. Has anyone else received an answer to this question, or will be there soon and could find out for me?

Sorry BWV
If you are paying cash, chances are you will actually get a pool/garden view, as DVC owners tend to book the standard views quickly on points. The pool/garden views have views of either the clown or community hall pool, or the "village green" area that has a partial view of the Boardwalk.
Denise

Thanks Denise, that's good to know. I've stayed there a few times on points when I was DVC owner at BCV and thought the "standard views" where the first to go on points. I've had 3-4 garden views and was lucky enough to get a BW view once. I've booked DVC via David's a couple times since I sold my DVC, but never booked via Disney before. I just LOVE BWV and sooo looking forward to getting back there June 2nd! I'm going to request Village Green and see what happens. Thanks again!

A few weeks ago on this page we were talking about the fact that the BWI CL rooms are not showing a water view bookable room.

I looked at the bookable room categories at BWI on Mousesavers.com, and for Club Level, it does show a Boardwalk view, but no actual Water View. The only Water View category is for the standard rooms. Sure hope you find what you want; best of luck!

Thanks Denise, that's good to know. I've stayed there a few times on points when I was DVC owner at BCV and thought the "standard views" where the first to go on points. I've had 3-4 garden views and was lucky enough to get a BW view once. I've booked DVC via David's a couple times since I sold my DVC, but never booked via Disney before. I just LOVE BWV and sooo looking forward to getting back there June 2nd! I'm going to request Village Green and see what happens. Thanks again!

It’s an oddity of the booking, but the standard view BWV bookings for cash are actually the Preferred (non-BW) View rooms that would be booked on points. It’s not even a matter of booking up first, that’s just what it is. So it’ll be village green, pool view, view of the canal, etc. enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter