Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Make sure your expectations meet booking requirements. If you are looking for almost anything 11 months out, you might be disappointed with no vacancy. DVC owners book their Sept to mid-Jan reservations 11 months out. Run Disney events, F&W, holidays, Jersey Week, all require 11 month bookings. Standard views go quickly at 11 months out. BW views go quickly at 11 months out. Studios go before one bedroom villas. The biggest issue you will have with "renting points" is having an owner with the points you need at the time you need them. From 11-7 seven months out, only owners with home resort advantage can book those resorts. If the points brokers don't have an owner with enough points for the resort you want to book at 7-11 months out, you won't be able to book it until seven months out. From seven months out, all DVC points are equal, but many of the villas will already be booked. What you see available online at the Disney Reservation Center is not what is available for points stays. They are two different sets of inventory.

Thanks for the great info. Our stay is the end of July. I did check and purchasing thru David's we are able to get a Preferred View 1 BR Villa but nothing available in standard view. We will likely find that we will have to stay in the "standard room" that we have booked as I don't see DH agreeing to shell out the additional money and I don't want to move offsite to Wyndham Bonnet Creek (we have stayed there several times but nothing beats being "on site".)

I looked at the bookable room categories at BWI on Mousesavers.com, and for Club Level, it does show a Boardwalk view, but no actual Water View. The only Water View category is for the standard rooms. Sure hope you find what you want; best of luck!
Years ago (maybe 3?) when you booked a BWI CL room you could request either garden or boardwalk (water) view for the same rate. But then Disney being Disney switched it to standard view and boardwalk view and bumped the boardwalk view up nearly $100 a night. A few months ago many of us noticed that when you go online to book a BWI CL room it no longer had a category for boardwalk view just the standard view. The only boardwalk view offered was for the ten deluxe rooms but these are rooms with a large living room area and have always been separate. When I called to book a room the booking CM couldn't pull up a room that showed boardwalk view either. So right now at least you are not being allowed to book a boardwalk view room and I am just wondering why.

Serious business here!lol What type of coffee makers are in the renovated 1 BR Villas? Regular coffee maker or something else. HOpe it's a regular old school coffee maker. :)

Serious business here!lol What type of coffee makers are in the renovated 1 BR Villas? Regular coffee maker or something else. HOpe it's a regular old school coffee maker. :)

Regular "old school" Mr. Coffee type 12 cup pot, at least that is what we have always had in the villas.

Years ago (maybe 3?) when you booked a BWI CL room you could request either garden or boardwalk (water) view for the same rate. But then Disney being Disney switched it to standard view and boardwalk view and bumped the boardwalk view up nearly $100 a night. A few months ago many of us noticed that when you go online to book a BWI CL room it no longer had a category for boardwalk view just the standard view. The only boardwalk view offered was for the ten deluxe rooms but these are rooms with a large living room area and have always been separate. When I called to book a room the booking CM couldn't pull up a room that showed boardwalk view either. So right now at least you are not being allowed to book a boardwalk view room and I am just wondering why.

According to the website Deluxe includes Boardwalk view

Deluxe Room - Club Level
View Photos for Deluxe Room - Club Level
Views of Disney's BoardWalk

According to the website Deluxe includes Boardwalk view

Deluxe Room - Club Level
View Photos for Deluxe Room - Club Level
Views of Disney's BoardWalk
Right. But that doesn't cover the non-Deluxe yet Boardwalk view CL rooms. There are a whole lot of those and right now there's no way to book them. It's quite odd really. There's no way they are leaving those room vacant. They aren't converted to Deluxe, it's not physically possible to reconfigure them to add the 2nd room to them.

Last edited:

Hi all, wanted to get some input on how everyone feels about the bus service here (to both MK and AK). I really want to take a trip in Nov but we just stayed at Poly last month so I’m trying to convince DH. We’d walk to Epcot and HS and I know he likes having that option, but I’m worried about horror stories regarding the Epcot resort bus service (esp bc we have two young children). I’m open to BW or BC so any insight would be appreciated!

Right. But that doesn't cover the non-Deluxe yet Boardwalk view CL rooms. There are a whole lot of those and right now there's no way to book them. It's quite odd really. There's no way they are leaving those room vacant. They aren't converted to Deluxe, it's not physically possible to reconfigure them to add the 2nd room to them.
My best guess is that they have gone back to the old way of booking BWI Club level-Standard. Standard used to cover all views, and it was pretty much the luck of the draw what you'd get. (Of course, people frequently requested the Boardwalk View.)

My best guess is that they have gone back to the old way of booking BWI Club level-Standard. Standard used to cover all views, and it was pretty much the luck of the draw what you'd get. (Of course, people frequently requested the Boardwalk View.)
That's what I'm going to guess too. And they haven't gotten around to updating the description for the Standard to include Water view, or maybe they don't plan to so no one expects one
I'm getting ready to call and make a change to my Bounceback booking. I'm going to ask that agent since it's a different department than the regular call center.
Maybe they know something different. I doubt it, but figure it can't hurt to ask.

Talking with the CM at the Bounceback booking group, which is also the TA reservation department, which I did not know till now.
Anyway, she doesn't know what's up with the CL, Water View rooms either. She has looked through everything they have and she is seeing nothing that indicates why they are not available for booking. There are no adversaries or anything. She called over to another department helping me to look for availability and they don't show any Water or Boardwalk View (whichever term you want to use) CL rooms in their inventory at all, not even at Rack Rate. The Standard are there but they are sold out completely for my dates. I'm hoping something opens up so I am going to keep checking back in the next month (we check in a month from tomorrow)
She suggested asking at the resort if we can't learn something more by the time we arrive.

Hi all, wanted to get some input on how everyone feels about the bus service here (to both MK and AK). I really want to take a trip in Nov but we just stayed at Poly last month so I’m trying to convince DH. We’d walk to Epcot and HS and I know he likes having that option, but I’m worried about horror stories regarding the Epcot resort bus service (esp bc we have two young children). I’m open to BW or BC so any insight would be appreciated!
Last week at BWI we had a direct bus to AK there and back, no extra stops. :)

I have not had bad bus experiences at BW or BC.

At BC - I believe the bus usually picks up and drops off at YC first. So you could walk over to YC and wait for the bus there. You can also get off at YC if you don't want to spend one more minute on the bus.

You could have Minnie Vans as a backup-up plan if you need two car seats and don't want to wait for a bus. They aren't always available, but don't forget about them.

Personally I prefer buses to the monorail, which never comes as fast as I would like, always takes longer than I remember, and often smells worse than I would like.

We are staying at BWI for the first time this August for 3 nights and than 4 nights at GF. The last 2 years we have stayed at YC/BC for our first half of the trip but decided to try BWI. Looking forward to it. Hope the kids don't get freaked out by the clown slide. LOL:lmao:

I also have a question. We have a standard room booked. Are the chances high of getting a full balcony? I love to sit on the balcony and enjoy a nice glass of wine at night.:thumbsup2

We are staying at BWI for the first time this August for 3 nights and than 4 nights at GF. The last 2 years we have stayed at YC/BC for our first half of the trip but decided to try BWI. Looking forward to it. Hope the kids don't get freaked out by the clown slide. LOL:lmao:
Heck No, If they like water slides, then this one may just be the best 1 on property...Besides the water parks that is.

Extremely high.

We are currently booked for Beach Club, but are contemplating switching to BWI as friends of ours decided to come down and they couldn't get a room at BC. Going off of your "extremely high" comment do all of the standard rooms have regular size balconies or are some the smaller ones like at BC? Thanks!

We are currently booked for Beach Club, but are contemplating switching to BWI as friends of ours decided to come down and they couldn't get a room at BC. Going off of your "extremely high" comment do all of the standard rooms have regular size balconies or are some the smaller ones like at BC? Thanks!

I don't believe there are any small balconies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter