Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone with summer trips planned..general public discounts are out!!:dance3:6/11 to 8/1..and BWI discount is 25%...as is YC, GF too...not all deluxe discounts are created equal though...BC, Poly, CR and WL are all 15%...

We are currently booked for Beach Club, but are contemplating switching to BWI as friends of ours decided to come down and they couldn't get a room at BC. Going off of your "extremely high" comment do all of the standard rooms have regular size balconies or are some the smaller ones like at BC? Thanks!

Although I do believe that most BWI rooms do have a full sized balcony...we have stayed on the 4th floor..which is mixed standard and CL rooms..and some of the rooms did not have full balconies..they were not exactly the tiny Juliette ones that are seen at the BC...but a much smaller..narrower balcony...one room we had a balcony could only fit one chair....so you might encounter this on some of the upper floors..if a full balcony is important..I would definitely suggest you make that a request on your reservation....

Last edited:
Although I do believe that most BWI rooms do have a full sized balcony...we have stayed on the 4th floor..which is mixed standard and CL rooms..and some of the rooms did not have full balconies..they were not exactly the tiny Juliette ones that are seen at the BC...but a much smaller..narrower balcony...one room we had a balcony could only fit one chair....so you might encounter this on some of the upper floors..if a full balcony is important..I would definitely suggest you make that a request on your reservation....
True, but you can fit a chair so they are balconies not like what BC has, which can't hold a chair at all. We have had them on the 4th floor too, they are over the cottages. Though we still got 2 chairs on ours. No room for anything else, not even enough room left to change our mind, LOL. We managed to sit out there and have a beer and watch the pool

Talking with the CM at the Bounceback booking group, which is also the TA reservation department, which I did not know till now.
Anyway, she doesn't know what's up with the CL, Water View rooms either. She has looked through everything they have and she is seeing nothing that indicates why they are not available for booking. There are no adversaries or anything. She called over to another department helping me to look for availability and they don't show any Water or Boardwalk View (whichever term you want to use) CL rooms in their inventory at all, not even at Rack Rate. The Standard are there but they are sold out completely for my dates. I'm hoping something opens up so I am going to keep checking back in the next month (we check in a month from tomorrow)
She suggested asking at the resort if we can't learn something more by the time we arrive.
I did speak to the CL CM during our recent stay and they were surprised when they looked it up to see no water view. I asked them if maybe Disney had switched it back to all standard view but the CM said that they hadn't heard of that happening though they did say they were often the last ones to know anything. We talked a bit about it but both agreed it would be strange for Disney to switch it back seeing as how they were selling the water view rooms for as much as $100 more per night than the garden view rooms and they didn't drop the price of the garden view rooms. Just increased the price of the water view ones. I called in yesterday trying to book for a future trip in the fall and talked to two different CM who both acted like I didn't know what I was talking about asking for a water view room. It was very easy to tell they were just reading off what they saw in front of them and water view isn't listed. one tried to convince me that the only way to book water view was by booking a Deluxe room and I must have been mistaken when I thought I had a water room when I booked a standard room. Ugh.

I will call back again when I have more time and patience!:)

I think the one that you need to speak with about what's going on is not the CL CM but the ones downstairs, the overall managers for the entire resort. They are the only ones that may know something, if anyone does. And there's an equal chance that they'll not know or not be willing to share if they do.

Whatever it is, it's totally bizarre for Disney to not be renting the rooms right now. But they are not, not even at rack rate, according to the folks I spoke with.

True, but you can fit a chair so they are balconies not like what BC has, which can't hold a chair at all. We have had them on the 4th floor too, they are over the cottages. Though we still got 2 chairs on ours. No room for anything else, not even enough room left to change our mind, LOL. We managed to sit out there and have a beer and watch the pool

Yup..that's one of the areas where we had a small balcony...also a little further down the hall...an even smaller balcony...the French door could barely open with the one chair..I was surprised...I happened to enjoy that view..it's tranquil and charming...

Disneytam.. That really is the strangest thing :confused3..especially since they have even divided the non CL room categories further to standard, garden and water. .I really doubt the the CL room categories have been combined again...altho...would that b a nice surprise...thanks to you and AngiTN for keeping us up to date on the info..or lack there of...lol..that you have been able to get! Btw..are you planning an early December trip this year...would be so nice to get to say hello in person again! :goodvibes

Disneytam.. That really is the strangest thing :confused3..especially since they have even divided the non CL room categories further to standard, garden and water. .I really doubt the the CL room categories have been combined again...altho...would that b a nice surprise...thanks to you and AngiTN for keeping us up to date on the info..or lack there of...lol..that you have been able to get! Btw..are you planning an early December trip this year...would be so nice to get to say hello in person again! :goodvibes
We are but to DisneyLAND this year. I am determined to see the parks, especially Smallworld, at Christmas so DH and I are heading West this year, sometime after the regular Football season ends.

Last edited:
BlueSkies- Darn we would love to get a chance to say hello again and maybe spend a little time together! I think we will be going back the end of October for some Food & Wine Festival time. Our AP runs out the first week of November and with all the changes that Disney has been doing I don't think we will be renewing our AP this year. My husband had an injury in January that kept him in the hospital for nearly two weeks so we really enjoyed our short trip the beginning of March and are trying to "stop and smell the flowers" a little bit after our recent scare! We love doing some resort time on our trips and have enjoyed PFB over at Universal and with the CL price being less than half of Disney's we may spend some time there next year.

Are you planning a December trip this year? I so love Disney at Christmas time! We took a trip in November last year so that our son could take his girlfriend to Disney for Christmas time, her first trip to Disney. Having the dairy farm we can't all be gone at the same time. They had a great time and even got to meet KerryCM in the BWI lounge! Now if we can only figure out why Disney wont let us book the water view!!LOL

We are but to DisneyLAND this year. I am determined to see the parks, especially Smallworld, at Christmas so DH and I are heading West this year, sometime after the regular Football season ends.

AngTN, have fun at Disneyland. How many times to you get to WDW per year? You are so knowledgeable, so I am guessing many. Good for you. Thanks for
sharing all your info.

We go to WDW every year. The last few years we have done a split stay either BC/YC and then Poly/GF, the best of both worlds. This year we had YC and GF booked again but then I felt that we should try something new, so are now staying at the BWI and GF. Really looking forward to it. Thanks for the helpful info.

AngTN, have fun at Disneyland. How many times to you get to WDW per year? You are so knowledgeable, so I am guessing many. Good for you. Thanks for
sharing all your info.
We try to make it down to WDW 4, 5 times a year. Most trips are 5 or so days but at least one is a longer 10 day trip.
DL is much tougher trip, since it's cross country. We last went just after the 60th Celebration and had a blast. It was so pretty with all the Diamond and blue accents. Can't wait to see it for Christmas, the photos and videos are so pretty.
I have seen DL once at Christmas, back when I was in High School, in 1979, and we marched in the Rose Parade and did a day at Disney. But if they did it up for Christmas then I don't remember it.

We go to WDW every year. The last few years we have done a split stay either BC/YC and then Poly/GF, the best of both worlds. This year we had YC and GF booked again but then I felt that we should try something new, so are now staying at the BWI and GF. Really looking forward to it. Thanks for the helpful info.
BWI is my absolute favorite resort. I try to always book it for my birthday trip. In order to go as often as we do I have to give up Deluxe stays for many of them so we do a lot of stays at POR or FQ instead. Which I do like a lot. DH's favorite is WL. We did that for our Anniversary last year.

And I'm glad to help where I can. It's a group effort for certain.

Booked a garden view for Oct 24-28th!

So let's say you are staying at the Inn, and want to walk to EPCOT, every day. Is there a side entrance/exit over on the ESPN Club side that one could depart/return from?

Booked a garden view for Oct 24-28th!

So let's say you are staying at the Inn, and want to walk to EPCOT, every day. Is there a side entrance/exit over on the ESPN Club side that one could depart/return from?

Unfortunately, no. There is a “CM only” exit in that vicinity.

Right. But that doesn't cover the non-Deluxe yet Boardwalk view CL rooms. There are a whole lot of those and right now there's no way to book them. It's quite odd really. There's no way they are leaving those room vacant. They aren't converted to Deluxe, it's not physically possible to reconfigure them to add the 2nd room to them.

Okay I see what you mean. I have stayed CL at BWI many times and didn't know there were these "Deluxe" rooms. I thought they were all the same except for the suites.

So I can tell you this much.... we booked a standard view CL and stayed there from March 5 to March 9. They just GAVE us a boardwalk view room at no additional cost and without explanation (I wasn't complaining) lol We got the room just to the right off the Steeplechase suite, directly across from the lounge. VERY nice! Soooooo maybe they are lumping all those rooms in with the standard view class now? It was just my wife and I and the room had one king bed so i could see how it would make sense for them to put us there if there was a 2 queen bed standard room they needed for a larger family maybe???

I wonder how many standard view CL rooms the reservation people see in their inventory..............

Well, crud. That isn't what I wanted to hear, LOL. So, I take it the most convenient rooms for getting in and out of the resort would be closest to the lobby, then?

I really don't find it all that difficult to get out no matter where you are housed. We have had a lovely room very close to the convention center on the second floor. It overlooked a lovely fountain (courtyard side), the quiet pool was really close and you could see it from our room, had a closet large enough for a twin bed, the bathroom was huge and the queen/queen layout with the drop down full sofa was very spacious. While the corridor seemed a bit meandering, it was on the lobby floor, a quick walk to the quiet pool out the short end and you could always walk across the courtyard if you wanted to avoid the corridors. I would take this room again in a heartbeat and not find it a problem. We had four adults in this room (my husband, college student children x2 and me)--space was not an issue.

If you are trying to save steps, request near the elevator OR a room near the lobby. The Inn side is not nearly the trek as the studios/villas may be depending on location.

I really don't find it all that difficult to get out no matter where you are housed. We have had a lovely room very close to the convention center on the second floor. It overlooked a lovely fountain (courtyard side), the quiet pool was really close and you could see it from our room, had a closet large enough for a twin bed, the bathroom was huge and the queen/queen layout with the drop down full sofa was very spacious. While the corridor seemed a bit meandering, it was on the lobby floor, a quick walk to the quiet pool out the short end and you could always walk across the courtyard if you wanted to avoid the corridors. I would take this room again in a heartbeat and not find it a problem. We had four adults in this room (my husband, college student children x2 and me)--space was not an issue.

If you are trying to save steps, request near the elevator OR a room near the lobby. The Inn side is not nearly the trek as the studios/villas may be depending on location.

My daughter and I are fine anywhere, it is my husband who is the complainer when it comes to distance and steps. I wanted to just leave him at home, because really he exists to be Captain Bringdown, but he insists on coming. LOL.

My daughter and I are fine anywhere, it is my husband who is the complainer when it comes to distance and steps. I wanted to just leave him at home, because really he exists to be Captain Bringdown, but he insists on coming. LOL.

My husband is a Captain Bringdown as well. We have come to a great compromise when it comes to Disney. My husband comes on our yearly Disney trips BUT he doesn't come to the parks with us anymore. My husband is very happy to stay at the resort, hang out at the pool, go to the gym and plays golf a few times. They run great specials for golf from the deluxe resorts. We go in August, so he usually does just 9 holes but the golf course provides a taxi free of charge and he just uses their clubs. Think it costs only $40 total. My 3 children and I go to the parks (usually around 5 hours per day), when we get back we all go to a nice sit down dinner, swim and walk around the boardwalk area, get dessert, watch the fireworks etc. Since we have done it this way it has been so much more enjoyable. No more complaining from him about going "on the same old rides". It really works good for our family. Doing the same this August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!