Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Are these rooms a short walk back to main area- so an easy walk to get to boardwalk itself. I have heard many rooms are far away. I would like quick east access to main lobby to just be he lobby.at board walk.
Yes, they overlook the grassy area between the lobby and the boardwalk. You will have a limited boardwalk view and those rooms are over the Wyland studio area. There is a stairway down to the boardwalk right by those rooms. you would not be far from the lobby.
Denise

I'm so glad to see this thread and for any help I can get about the BWI. We were booked at AKL 11/1-11/10/18, but we have been moved over to BWI. I'm very excited to stay here for the first time and to be within walking distance of Epcot and HS. We will be in a garden view room. I don't know very much about the resort, but it looks like there is only one bus station. The resort looks rather spread out, too, like everything could potentially be quite a hike from the room, depending on where it is. Does anyone know where garden view is typically located in reference to the lobby, bus station, pool, etc. Also, if anyone has pictures of any recent stays of the rooms, I would appreciate it. Thank you for any and all help!

I'm so glad to see this thread and for any help I can get about the BWI. We were booked at AKL 11/1-11/10/18, but we have been moved over to BWI. I'm very excited to stay here for the first time and to be within walking distance of Epcot and HS. We will be in a garden view room. I don't know very much about the resort, but it looks like there is only one bus station. The resort looks rather spread out, too, like everything could potentially be quite a hike from the room, depending on where it is. Does anyone know where garden view is typically located in reference to the lobby, bus station, pool, etc. Also, if anyone has pictures of any recent stays of the rooms, I would appreciate it. Thank you for any and all help!
The layout of BWI is not unlike the layout of AKL in regards to the bus stops and the distance. So you are pretty much talking an even swap quite honestly.
The main feature pool at BWI is technically over on the Villa side. The pool in the Inn side is the quiet pool. So any room you have won't be near the feature pool but will be near the quiet pool.
You probably would benefit from reviewing the Boardwalk Inn room finder feature at Touring Plans. Will give you a great review of the layout of the resort.

DW and I have stayed at the Boardwalk many times. The garden view rooms provide a very nice, quiet view. A quick look at Google Maps satellite view will give you a good idea what you will see. You will also see that there will be a good chance you will have a view of one of Epcot's sights. We have had rooms that looked over towards the Eiffel Tower or Spaceship Earth. They can also provide a view of the higher fireworks.

Yes, some of the rooms can be bit of a walk to the lobby. We've been there, all the way down at the end of a long, curvy hallway with a room that looked out over the quiet pool. But we never felt that to be too much of an issue.

When we were last there the buses were still shared with the YC/BC. I hear that the Boardwalk now has it's own bus route which will make the trips much quicker.

The Boardwalk is a beautiful resort with the wonderful benefit of the location. We stayed there on our first trip to WDW and decided never to stay anywhere else.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

Hope you have a great stay, we love BWI and BWV!!

We have had rooms that were farther away and closer. I do not think the BW hallways are longer or more spread out than the YC. Our room at the YC was much farther than any of our rooms at the BW.

Make sure to take time to enjoy the resort, especially at night. The entertainment is great, try Jellyrolls and Abracadabra Bar.

We really liked AKL, but it is very quiet. We like the EPCOT resorts as you are right in the middle of the action. Staying at BWI allows you to easily walk to the other resorts to explore, eat and enjoy.

The location is super, really easy walk to EPCOT. A decent walk to DS, seems longer after a hot day of walking! The walk to DS is really not that bad, you can take a boat when your tired. It's slower, but easier on your feet.

The layout of BWI is not unlike the layout of AKL in regards to the bus stops and the distance. So you are pretty much talking an even swap quite honestly.
The main feature pool at BWI is technically over on the Villa side. The pool in the Inn side is the quiet pool. So any room you have won't be near the feature pool but will be near the quiet pool.
You probably would benefit from reviewing the Boardwalk Inn room finder feature at Touring Plans. Will give you a great review of the layout of the resort.

I don't mind using the quiet pool versus the main pool. I'm looking for quiet and relaxing spots, too. Thank you, I will look on touring plans.

DW and I have stayed at the Boardwalk many times. The garden view rooms provide a very nice, quiet view. A quick look at Google Maps satellite view will give you a good idea what you will see. You will also see that there will be a good chance you will have a view of one of Epcot's sights. We have had rooms that looked over towards the Eiffel Tower or Spaceship Earth. They can also provide a view of the higher fireworks.

Yes, some of the rooms can be bit of a walk to the lobby. We've been there, all the way down at the end of a long, curvy hallway with a room that looked out over the quiet pool. But we never felt that to be too much of an issue.

When we were last there the buses were still shared with the YC/BC. I hear that the Boardwalk now has it's own bus route which will make the trips much quicker.

The Boardwalk is a beautiful resort with the wonderful benefit of the location. We stayed there on our first trip to WDW and decided never to stay anywhere else.
Wishing you a pixiedust: visit!

Wow! Fireworks and possible views of Epcot? That's amazing!

I did hear that Boardwalk no longer shares, but I don't know for sure.

Thank you!

Hope you have a great stay, we love BWI and BWV!!

We have had rooms that were farther away and closer. I do not think the BW hallways are longer or more spread out than the YC. Our room at the YC was much farther than any of our rooms at the BW.

Make sure to take time to enjoy the resort, especially at night. The entertainment is great, try Jellyrolls and Abracadabra Bar.

We really liked AKL, but it is very quiet. We like the EPCOT resorts as you are right in the middle of the action. Staying at BWI allows you to easily walk to the other resorts to explore, eat and enjoy.

The location is super, really easy walk to EPCOT. A decent walk to DS, seems longer after a hot day of walking! The walk to DS is really not that bad, you can take a boat when your tired. It's slower, but easier on your feet.

We have a resort day built in. I'm extremely excited to get to enjoy the Boardwalk, now, but I'd like to find places to relax as well. The benefit of AKL to us was being able to just sit in rocking chairs by the fire pits and leisurely watch the animals. You know, slow and easy. I look forward to all the entertainment, too.

Are the walks to other resorts easy? For example, we have ADRs at the Swan and Dolphin. Can we walk? Also, I'd like to try Beaches and Cream.

I don't mind using the quiet pool versus the main pool. I'm looking for quiet and relaxing spots, too. Thank you, I will look on touring plans.

Wow! Fireworks and possible views of Epcot? That's amazing!

I did hear that Boardwalk no longer shares, but I don't know for sure.

Thank you!

We have a resort day built in. I'm extremely excited to get to enjoy the Boardwalk, now, but I'd like to find places to relax as well. The benefit of AKL to us was being able to just sit in rocking chairs by the fire pits and leisurely watch the animals. You know, slow and easy. I look forward to all the entertainment, too.

Are the walks to other resorts easy? For example, we have ADRs at the Swan and Dolphin. Can we walk? Also, I'd like to try Beaches and Cream.

Yes, you can very easily walk to S&D - more quickly than taking the boat! (Although the boat is there if you need it.)

I know that you have already gotten some very helpful and detailed advice...but wanted to add my 2 cents...lol...and its based on preference...If you would rather have a bit of a view..fireworks are high view..not full..but still very nice...and you don't want to be far from the main resort areas..then I would recommend requesting upper floor close to elevators..if being closer to the lobby area and exits out to the Boardwalk..then I would suggest requesting...2nd floor ..close to lobby...The inner courtyard view that the garden view rooms offer is lovely..and tranquil...Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

There are several great places to sit and relax, inside and out. There is benches and tables along the boardwalk that are perfect for relaxing. If I remember correctly there is a large balcony off the lobby with some great chairs, rocking chairs too (correct me if I am wrong). Places by the Bell Vue Lounge and we find some really nice places at the main pool and the quiet pool.

Walking to any of the EPCOT resorts is super easy. Beaches and Cream can be crowded, so going at off times might do the trick.

I also got a massage at the Spa at BC, it was heaven.

There are several great places to sit and relax, inside and out. There is benches and tables along the boardwalk that are perfect for relaxing. If I remember correctly there is a large balcony off the lobby with some great chairs, rocking chairs too (correct me if I am wrong). Places by the Bell Vue Lounge and we find some really nice places at the main pool and the quiet pool.

Walking to any of the EPCOT resorts is super easy. Beaches and Cream can be crowded, so going at off times might do the trick.

Yes, upper and lower levels.

I know that you have already gotten some very helpful and detailed advice...but wanted to add my 2 cents...lol...and its based on preference...If you would rather have a bit of a view..fireworks are high view..not full..but still very nice...and you don't want to be far from the main resort areas..then I would recommend requesting upper floor close to elevators..if being closer to the lobby area and exits out to the Boardwalk..then I would suggest requesting...2nd floor ..close to lobby...The inner courtyard view that the garden view rooms offer is lovely..and tranquil...Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

Yes, I'm happy for all advice! A view is nice, but I doubt we will be there much at night or during the fireworks times to really experience it from our room. Honestly, I'd rather be closer to transportation, but I don't know how far "garden view" is from the buses. Thank you for your suggestions.

I'm glad to know there are places to relax, too, thank you.

I have not been able to get an ADR for Beaches and Cream at all during our trip. Any chances for walk-ups? I know they're small; I just didn't know how popular they are.

Yes, I'm happy for all advice! A view is nice, but I doubt we will be there much at night or during the fireworks times to really experience it from our room. Honestly, I'd rather be closer to transportation, but I don't know how far "garden view" is from the buses. Thank you for your suggestions.

I'm glad to know there are places to relax, too, thank you.

I have not been able to get an ADR for Beaches and Cream at all during our trip. Any chances for walk-ups? I know they're small; I just didn't know how popular they are.
We just got back from WDW about two weeks ago. We got an ADR for 1:50 PM at B&C the evening before we went. So just keep checking online Dining. You might find something. Walk ups rarely happen. The take out counter is very limited to cones, floats and soft drinks, the Mickey Pants sundae and an ice cream sandwich.

What do people do without a foodcourt? What’s easiest way to refill mugs?

The Boardwalk Bakery, pizza window and snack cart are all very close to each other. Kind of like an outdoor food court. I don't know about the mugs though.

DW and I never missed a formal food court. We don't do mugs either. We were happy with what we found at the Boardwalk Bakery and the Screen Door General Store which has a selection of basic groceries including snacks and various bottles and cans of drinks. I came to feel that wandering out to the Boardwalk for food and snacks would be what you would do if you were staying at a 1920's seaside resort.

What do people do without a foodcourt? What’s easiest way to refill mugs?

We will get breakfast from the Boardwalk Bakery, they have a nice breakfast sandwich and platter. I also order some breakfast items from gardengrocer.com

If we are looking for lunch at the hotel, we will get a sandwich at the pool bar, the Bakery or if we want a burger, we just walk to the YC/BC pool bar. It's super easy to walk to all of the EPCOT resorts, very quick walk. There are so many food options with in these three resorts. There is also a pizza window and a food cart on the boardwalk. It is not part of the dining plan, but DD would eat there sometimes if she wanted hot wings or fries. She loved this cart.

For the mug, we use the Bakery or the pool bar to fill.

Does anyone have any experience with the gluten free options at the Boardwalk Bakery? I'm wondering for both breakfast and lunch. I imagine they would have gf sandwiches, but wondered about breakfast.
Thanks!

Does anyone have any experience with the gluten free options at the Boardwalk Bakery? I'm wondering for both breakfast and lunch. I imagine they would have gf sandwiches, but wondered about breakfast.
Thanks!

If you are looking for options without going into Epcot, don't forget to check out the Yacht & Beach Club. A few years ago, I was looking for pre-packaged gluten free baked good items to throw in my carry-on bag for the trip home. The Boardwalk Bakery had some (a brownie and a cookie, I think) but the Beach Club Marketplace (gift shop/quick service place at Beach Club) had a lot more. I wasn't looking for the quick service options there so I didn't pay attention. I haven't been in the gift shp/quick service place at the Yacht Club since they expanded, but they might have gf options also.

Here are the menus, although they don't discuss the gf options:

Boardwalk Bakery menus:
http://allears.net/dining/menu/boardwalk-bakery/breakfast
http://allears.net/dining/menu/boardwalk-bakery/lunch-dinner

Yacht Club Ale & Compass Market:
http://allears.net/dining/menu/the-market-at-ale-and-compass/all-day

Beach Club Marketplace:
http://allears.net/dining/menu/beach-club-marketplace/breakfast
http://allears.net/dining/menu/beach-club-marketplace/lunch-dinner

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!