Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I'm trying to avoid an elevator ride as much as possible. I realize that you have to take stairs or elevator to get to the boardwalk from the lobby of the BWI side. If you have a room on the 2nd floor of BWI(I think it's 2nd floor), does your hallway attach to the lobby without the use of the elevators? Thanks!

I'm trying to avoid an elevator ride as much as possible. I realize that you have to take stairs or elevator to get to the boardwalk from the lobby of the BWI side. If you have a room on the 2nd floor of BWI(I think it's 2nd floor), does your hallway attach to the lobby without the use of the elevators? Thanks!

Floor 2 attaches to the lobby. If you want to avoid the elevator - you need to be on Floor 1 or 2.

You guys renting points, are you going through a site like David's or a private owner? I'm on a waitlist for a preferred studio through David's for next May and just curious how often they come through or not?

I attempted to go through David's for our trip in April/May, but they were unable to locate an owner with the points to secure. They did indicate availability, and believed an owner with sufficient points would join and allow the reservation to confirmed, but we chose to not wait. We found a very reputable private owner and thus far everything with that has gone extremely well. Should you be interested, feel free to PM me for details.

Yeah, agreed. We rode from DHS to the first stop on the Boardwalk, then just walked to the IG and that was much faster than the boat. But it was nice riding from DHS

I just love being on the water....we always try to sit in the back, outside. I don't care how hot it is. We don't ride from resort to resort...but more then once, we've hopped on at Epcot to go back to BWI. Sure we probably could walk it faster...but what fun is MORE walking...:).

Another thing that left me wondering, when we left HS at close and the lines to board the bus back to YC/BC/BWI were over 2 bus fulls long..... folks were still getting in line. To stand there and wait. There is really no way the folks getting in the end of the line would have gotten on a bus before they could have walked back.
Am I the only one that if given a choice of standing or walking, finds walking way easier on the feet than standing?
I am one of the first ones to say I dislike the walk back from HS, we always took the boat (when it was running). Since it wasn't running this last trip we did end up walking most every time. We never managed to walk up when a bus was there. And in my experience, the buses do not run as often as the boats (though I've never done a study so that's just my perception) and going back to my walking vs. standing... if I'm going to be doing something for 10 min, moving is so much easier than standing still. At least to me.

Another thing that left me wondering, when we left HS at close and the lines to board the bus back to YC/BC/BWI were over 2 bus fulls long..... folks were still getting in line. To stand there and wait. There is really no way the folks getting in the end of the line would have gotten on a bus before they could have walked back.
Am I the only one that if given a choice of standing or walking, finds walking way easier on the feet than standing?
I am one of the first ones to say I dislike the walk back from HS, we always took the boat (when it was running). Since it wasn't running this last trip we did end up walking most every time. We never managed to walk up when a bus was there. And in my experience, the buses do not run as often as the boats (though I've never done a study so that's just my perception) and going back to my walking vs. standing... if I'm going to be doing something for 10 min, moving is so much easier than standing still. At least to me.

We walked back from HS to YC last Wednesday night immediately following Fantasmic. I really expected there to be more people on the path, but it was deserted, almost spooky. I wonder if the recent alligator issues are keeping people off the path at night (I did glance at the canal a few times myself).

I personally don’t mind the walk, it’s quite pretty, but will be glad for the option of the boat when we stay at BWI this December.

We walked back from HS to YC last Wednesday night immediately following Fantasmic. I really expected there to be more people on the path, but it was deserted, almost spooky. I wonder if the recent alligator issues are keeping people off the path at night (I did glance at the canal a few times myself).

There's hardly ever anyone on that path in all the years we've been going, and that's fine with us!

Back to the toaster conversation.... ha ha ha... I looked at the breakfast menu for the Belle Vue Lounge and they sell croissants and bagels - so I'm "assuming" (and we all know what that means!) they would have a toaster there.
I am pretty sure they make some breakfast sandwiches behind the bar which makes me think they toast their bagels behind the bar. I dont ever remember seeing a toaster sitting out near the coffee at Belle Vue.

You guys renting points, are you going through a site like David's or a private owner? I'm on a waitlist for a preferred studio through David's for next May and just curious how often they come through or not?

I've rented from 3 different owners from these boards, 2 times for BWV and 1 time for VWL. No issues any of the times. But I do my research before renting from them, ask for references, check to make sure they own at the property they say they do, and I always make sure they use a contract. I'd rather deal with an owner directly than having to go through a third party. I also plan ahead and know where we want to stay so we can find an owner at the 11 month mark.

Does anyone know what type of coffee maker is currently in the Garden Cottages? Keurig or pod-style? Thanks!

Just stayed at BWI CL for the first time and there was an amazing chef--I'm pretty sure his name was Reggie. He was so personable and attentive, and his culinary creations were delicious! I should have asked him before we left, but is he always there? Or usually, anyway--I'm sure he gets a night off sometimes! We were really impressed with all the CL CMs, but him especially.

I will always opt for the walk. I have had 2 back surgeries and standing kills my back/hips. I have also started getting a little anxiety when it gets close to park close and I stress about the crowds going to transportation. Staying at the BoardWalk completely alleviates that for at least 2 parks. (Mini vans help for the other 2 :) )

Just stayed at BWI CL for the first time and there was an amazing chef--I'm pretty sure his name was Reggie. He was so personable and attentive, and his culinary creations were delicious! I should have asked him before we left, but is he always there? Or usually, anyway--I'm sure he gets a night off sometimes! We were really impressed with all the CL CMs, but him especially.

The chef's name is Redgie (with a "d"!) and he is awesome!

Redgie is the BEST! He loves talking to the guests and sharing his recipes. He does get days off and is not there during Sunday mornings. I think his days off are Thursdays and Fridays, but they may change weekly.

Redgie is the BEST! He loves talking to the guests and sharing his recipes. He does get days off and is not there during Sunday mornings. I think his days off are Thursdays and Fridays, but they may change weekly.
Plus the boy loves him some vacations! I know he's been on at least three this year, of you count his trip to his sister's wedding.

Jay is the other regular up there and he's as good a chef if not as outgoing. Dez too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter