Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Plus the boy loves him some vacations! I know he's been on at least three this year, of you count his trip to his sister's wedding.

Jay is the other regular up there and he's as good a chef if not as outgoing. Dez too.

Redgie's family has a restaurant in California and he spends 2 weeks there every summer. I know they miss him, but are so happy for the success he is enjoying at WDW!!
<3

Hello! We are planning a family trip March 2019. Just wondering if anyone else saw on Yelp that there is a photo of the rooms dated June 11 that look completely different from the current rooms, and they are not pictures of the villas. They look similar to the look of the new beach club/yacht club rooms. But They are not the Beach Club or Yacht club, and they are provided by management. So...does anyone know if the hotel is going through a refurb? And if so, what dates this might be happening? Or is this a different suite within the hotel?

Last edited:
Hello! We are planning a family trip March 2019. Just wondering if anyone else saw on Yelp that there is a photo of the rooms dated June 11 that look completely different from the current rooms, and they are not pictures of the villas. They look similar to the look of the new beach club/yacht club rooms. But They are not the Beach Club or Yacht club, and they are provided by management. So...does anyone know if the hotel is going through a refurb? And if so, what dates this might be happening? Or is this a different suite within the hotel?

We just stayed at the BWI club level this past May. The picture posted on Yelp, I am almost certain is from one of the suites, not a regular room or even the club level rooms. Suites at all of the Deluxe resorts have different bedding, window treatments, and furniture than what would be found in the standard rooms.

It is not going through, nor scheduled to, a refurb. I just asked the staff a couple weeks ago about when or if one was due. They said that they don't always know distant plans but they do find out when they are scheduled and there is none coming up for at least a year, probably longer.

I did just stay in a deluxe room this month and it looks nothing like a YC room so I have no idea what photo was posted. I am not even sure I'd believe it's from management myself but I'm skeptical of most everything on review sites

This one?
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/dis...e-buena-vista-2?select=g5MCbdSUdzMpz8Xr-tOtDA
That's the regular Resort room and exactly how they look.
By the way, looks nothing like a room at YC
This is a YC room
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/disneys-yacht-club-resort-orlando?select=GJlusuK1f_z4tONRjuWlfg

Now this one,
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/dis...e-buena-vista-2?select=CMDEyySmIa3HzZcL4mhSMw
Is from one of the Suites. Not Steeplechase, as we had a tour of it earlier this month, and that room was not in there. Maybe the Sonora suite? Or one of the 2 bedroom suites.
And now that I look at it more, the view out the window is of trees, which means it's on the back side, not the water side, so that means it has to be one of the 2 bedroom suites, right? Both of the other big suites are on the water side

Last edited:
This one?
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/dis...e-buena-vista-2?select=g5MCbdSUdzMpz8Xr-tOtDA
That's the regular Resort room and exactly how they look.
By the way, looks nothing like a room at YC
This is a YC room
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/disneys-yacht-club-resort-orlando?select=GJlusuK1f_z4tONRjuWlfg

Now this one,
https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/dis...e-buena-vista-2?select=CMDEyySmIa3HzZcL4mhSMw
Is from one of the Suites. Not Steeplechase, as we had a tour of it earlier this month, and that room was not in there. Maybe the Sonora suite? Or one of the 2 bedroom suites.
And now that I look at it more, the view out the window is of trees, which means it's on the back side, not the water side, so that means it has to be one of the 2 bedroom suites, right? Both of the other big suites are on the water side

Hello and thanks for your reply. I was referring to the first picture/link that you posted. I have never seen a standard Boardwalk Inn room look like that. In every pictures I've seen, the rooms all have pink couches, green carpet, different beds and yellow striped walls. All of the pictures on all websites like trip advisor look different than this picture. I tend to think it's a situation of someone's prior response, where it's half of a suite or something. I had just never seen it before and since it was just posted I thought there might be an upcoming refurb. The regular pictures I've seen all look like this:

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/dis...e-buena-vista-2?select=UW9HJnrXnF48zY5VZLCfFQ

Last edited:

Hello and thanks for your reply. I was referring to the first picture/link that you posted. I have never seen a standard Boardwalk Inn room look like that. In every pictures I've seen, the rooms all have pink couches, green carpet, different beds and yellow striped walls. All of the pictures on all websites like trip advisor look different than this picture. I tend to think it's a situation of someone's prior response, where it's half of a suite or something. I had just never seen it before and since it was just posted I thought there might be an upcoming refurb. The regular pictures I've seen all look like this:

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/dis...e-buena-vista-2?select=UW9HJnrXnF48zY5VZLCfFQ
Looking at the first Yelp photo again I think that is the bedroom from the Steeplechase suite. Definitely one of the suites that faces the water. .
I looked at our photo of the Deluxe room and it does have the green carpet, not beige. Otherwise, the 2 beds and pink sofa, same color.
I guess it was just posted because there were no photos elsewhere.
All the refurbs are removing carpet, so when that happens, it will come out, not change colors. Like in the YC photo

I am pretty sure they make some breakfast sandwiches behind the bar which makes me think they toast their bagels behind the bar. I dont ever remember seeing a toaster sitting out near the coffee at Belle Vue.

There is a toaster out at Belle Vue! It's to the right of the bar. The breakfast sandwiches they have are sent up from the bakery and kept warm. Bagles can be toasted right there.

There is a toaster out at Belle Vue! It's to the right of the bar. The breakfast sandwiches they have are sent up from the bakery and kept warm. Bagles can be toasted right there.

I thought I remembered there being a toaster there--not that I ever used it, but I just noted it when we were stuck inside so long during Hurricane Matthew. Thanks for confirming!

Is the breakfast stuff in the lounge and/or in the bakery very good or would we be just as well off to keep breakfast stuff in the room?

Is the breakfast stuff in the lounge and/or in the bakery very good or would we be just as well off to keep breakfast stuff in the room?

I would say it depends if you're staying on the Inn side or the Villas. If you have a kitchen and want to prepare your own breakfast, you'll definitely save a good deal of money. I require food other than things like muffins and bagels--I like eggs and yogurt, my kids always want breakfast sandwiches, etc. The Boardwalk Bakery has steel cut oats and delicious croissants and scrambled eggs, and the lounge/bar will have some of the bakery's items available every morning. If you're staying at the Inn, I would recommend grabbing something at the bakery over a muffin in your room.

Booked my room at the Boardwalk Inn today for next fall!:goodvibes

My first choice was a studio villa, but those were gone when I made my booking at 8:30 this morning. Glad I was able to snap up a regular room!:thumbsup2

Congrats on booking! I had my first stay at BWI a few weeks ago and it was amazing, I can't wait to go back! Have fun planning :).

I would say it depends if you're staying on the Inn side or the Villas. If you have a kitchen and want to prepare your own breakfast, you'll definitely save a good deal of money. I require food other than things like muffins and bagels--I like eggs and yogurt, my kids always want breakfast sandwiches, etc. The Boardwalk Bakery has steel cut oats and delicious croissants and scrambled eggs, and the lounge/bar will have some of the bakery's items available every morning. If you're staying at the Inn, I would recommend grabbing something at the bakery over a muffin in your room.
I’m on the villa side, but we’re in a studio. So, we could probably do maybe toasted bagels or instant oatmeal and that’s about it except cold stuff or fruit. Good to know the bakery is maybe a better option. Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Thinking about renting points for a studio for our next trip. Do you think 3 adults, plus a pack n play would fit comfortably?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter