Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thinking about renting points for a studio for our next trip. Do you think 3 adults, plus a pack n play would fit comfortably?
If you have a lockoff studio, you might be able to fit the pack n play right in front of the connecting door to the one bedroom. In a dedicated studio (and there are a few of them at BWV), you might need to set it up in the entrance way.

Trying to figure out our DVC stay for next summer. We normally stay at AKV-KV and was interested in changing things up a bit. I just wanted to confirm one thing. Do the BWV share buses on the MK route? Thanks!

The MK bus is a dedicated bus for BWI/BWV. That is the only one that is dedicated--AK shares with Swan & Dolphin.

So, is the foldout bed uncomfortable? I’m going with a friend and the plan was for one of us to take the bed and the other to take the foldout.
The MK bus is a dedicated bus for BWI/BWV. That is the only one that is dedicated--AK shares with Swan & Dolphin.
If it had to be one, I’m glad it’s MK since that’s the hardest one to get to via Uber or a car in a pinch.

So, is the foldout bed uncomfortable? I’m going with a friend and the plan was for one of us to take the bed and the other to take the foldout.

If it had to be one, I’m glad it’s MK since that’s the hardest one to get to via Uber or a car in a pinch.
The sleeper sofas are not that comfortable. They tend to be a three section foam pad on a platform. So they are rather firm (hard to those who like it soft).

I received a free night at any deluxe villa through guest services and I booked a standard deluxe studio at BWV by calling Disney. I'm guessing this is going to mean that I have a better chance of getting a garden/pool view room since I didn't use DVC points for it?

The sleeper sofas are not that comfortable. They tend to be a three section foam pad on a platform. So they are rather firm (hard to those who like it soft).
I found the sofa beds to be incredibly uncomfortable. My 9-year old spent about an hour laying in one and then asked me if she could sleep on the floor. I slept on it, but I'm not sure if you can call what I did sleeping. I mostly tossed and turned.

I received a free night at any deluxe villa through guest services and I booked a standard deluxe studio at BWV by calling Disney. I'm guessing this is going to mean that I have a better chance of getting a garden/pool view room since I didn't use DVC points for it?

If you booked through Disney, it will be a garden/pool view room even though they describe it as "standard".

Here we go! Leaving tonight, so many firsts!
First time in the Boardwalk!
First time Club Level!
First time in an Epcot Resort!
First time in a Treehouse!
First time to a Disney Water Park!
First time at Flying Fish, Trattoria, Turf Club, Boathouse, Brown Derby, Diamond Horseshoe, and of course...
First time in Toy Story Land!
I hear so many great things about the Boardwalk... spent so much time reading this thread!
Have a great trip!
Tell the CL staff, Lorenzo, Linda, Redgie and all the others I said Hey. I can't wait till we get there on the 3rd to see them all again.

Trying to figure out our DVC stay for next summer. We normally stay at AKV-KV and was interested in changing things up a bit. I just wanted to confirm one thing. Do the BWV share buses on the MK route? Thanks!
The only time we've ever shared going/coming from MK was after night time EMH

Hello, any word on the bridge/boat refurb? We are arriving on 6/24 and hoping it is done.

I'm sure this addressed somewhere in this thread but the search function isn't working for me at the moment.

We're looking into staying in a studio or 1 bed villa, but I'm concerned about noise. We've never explored the boardwalk area so I have no idea how it is over there.

Is there a certain room location we should request for it to be quieter in the evening?

I'm sure this addressed somewhere in this thread but the search function isn't working for me at the moment.

We're looking into staying in a studio or 1 bed villa, but I'm concerned about noise. We've never explored the boardwalk area so I have no idea how it is over there.

Is there a certain room location we should request for it to be quieter in the evening?

What room/view categories are you looking at? We were on a third floor boardwalk view right over the Big River Grille in January and while we could hear noise from the boardwalk in the evening, it ended at a reasonable hour, maybe 10pm?

If you are renting points, you'll want to request a standard view (along the front drive) except close to the elevator because that is close to the loading zone for the early morning/late evening luggage drop. Or a leisure pool view (for garden/pool view). Just avoid the Luna Park view. And you won't get a Boardwalk view unless you book it right at 11 months out.

What room/view categories are you looking at? We were on a third floor boardwalk view right over the Big River Grille in January and while we could hear noise from the boardwalk in the evening, it ended at a reasonable hour, maybe 10pm?

If you are renting points, you'll want to request a standard view (along the front drive) except close to the elevator because that is close to the loading zone for the early morning/late evening luggage drop. Or a leisure pool view (for garden/pool view). Just avoid the Luna Park view. And you won't get a Boardwalk view unless you book it right at 11 months out.

I didn't realize there were different views since when I look on the disney site it just says Standard View. View actually isn't important to us (unless we're staying at AKL). So we should be good for less noise with a standard view as long as it isn't near an elevator?

I didn't realize there were different views since when I look on the disney site it just says Standard View. View actually isn't important to us (unless we're staying at AKL). So we should be good for less noise with a standard view as long as it isn't near an elevator?
For DVC points there are three categories. Standard which requires fewer points and is located along the front drive (about 20% of the villas), Preferred (BW View) which is along the BW (about 20% of the villas) and Perferred-Garden/Pool/Water which is the remaining 60%. Standard and BW view book up first usually close to 11 months out.

The Disney Reservation Center is cash only and shows only the small portion of villas they get from DVC to sell for cash. These would be any that members have traded out for non-DVC trips like Adv by Disney and DCL, or contracts that DVC has taken back by foreclosure or Right of First Refusal or the very small percentage that Disney owns (about 2.5%). So it only shows one category. Guests purchasing a reservation from the DRC website or by calling Disney (not DVC) usually get what DVC considers to be Preferred-Pool/Garden

For DVC points there are three categories. Standard which requires fewer points and is located along the front drive (about 20% of the villas), Preferred (BW View) which is along the BW (about 20% of the villas) and Perferred-Garden/Pool/Water which is the remaining 60%. Standard and BW view book up first usually close to 11 months out.

The Disney Reservation Center is cash only and shows only the small portion of villas they get from DVC to sell for cash. These would be any that members have traded out for non-DVC trips like Adv by Disney and DCL, or contracts that DVC has taken back by foreclosure or Right of First Refusal or the very small percentage that Disney owns (about 2.5%). So it only shows one category. Guests purchasing a reservation from the DRC website or by calling Disney (not DVC) usually get what DVC considers to be Preferred-Pool/Garden

What is the front drive? The parking lot?

There is a toaster out at Belle Vue! It's to the right of the bar. The breakfast sandwiches they have are sent up from the bakery and kept warm. Bagles can be toasted right there.
Thanks for checking!!!! I can refill my mug here too, correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter