Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I can agree with @AngiTN - to a point! Walking from BWI to and from the IG might be shorter or at best a roughly equal distance as walking to and from the Boardwalk boat dock (you have to pass the IG boat dock no matter what). And I agree that walking is easier than standing. However, let me add that there are benches on the Boardwalk near the boat dock, so if you'd rather ride to DHS (we routinely ride to DHS and to Epcot), but we're older than Angi and need to save our legs more!) you can sit and wait for the boat. When you see it come around the corner from Epcot, you can get up and enter the line for DHS! So tell your husband it won't be a problem. Y'all can send the boys ahead and take the boat!
Totally agree... walking for some may be the answer, but not for all. After 42 years of Disney World trips, I can tell you I would much rather get somewhere a bit slower if it means being able to save my legs and feet!

Hi, may I butt in here and ask a question? :)

We plan to book a BWI boardwalk room view later in the not too distant future - before I get confused, there are lake/boardwalk views available that aren't club level, correct? I admittedly don't know a lot about this hotel.

thanks!

My DD14 and I had a fabulous stay at BWI CL 7/28-8/1. It was our 1st CL stay and the staff so spoiled us so much that I am currently searching CL for our next stay. The staff was so accommodating and friendly. Whatever you needed they got it, and if they couldn't, they would try. Reggie made the most mouth watering food, that for our next trip in Jan, we will be visiting the Flying Fish to experience Reggie's dishes in full.

Hi, may I butt in here and ask a question? :)

We plan to book a BWI boardwalk room view later in the not too distant future - before I get confused, there are lake/boardwalk views available that aren't club level, correct? I admittedly don't know a lot about this hotel.

thanks!
Sure. Not counting Deluxe rooms, CL Water View rooms are only on 1 floor, so all the rest of the floors that face the water are NOT CL rooms.

My DD14 and I had a fabulous stay at BWI CL 7/28-8/1. It was our 1st CL stay and the staff so spoiled us so much that I am currently searching CL for our next stay. The staff was so accommodating and friendly. Whatever you needed they got it, and if they couldn't, they would try. Reggie made the most mouth watering food, that for our next trip in Jan, we will be visiting the Flying Fish to experience Reggie's dishes in full.

Glad you had a great time and enjoyed BWI CL. We just had our first BWI CL stay in June and this was our experience as well. All the CL CMs were great as they were, like you mentioned, very friendly and accommodating. We are trying Poly CL in Oct, but we loved BWI CL so much that we will definitely be back :goodvibes.

Totally agree... walking for some may be the answer, but not for all. After 42 years of Disney World trips, I can tell you I would much rather get somewhere a bit slower if it means being able to save my legs and feet!

We are young and healthy and do the boat for DHS. I save my steps for walking. Next trip we MAY try a walk to DHS if DD feels up to it but we really don't mind the boat.

We are young and healthy and do the boat for DHS. I save my steps for walking. Next trip we MAY try a walk to DHS if DD feels up to it but we really don't mind the boat.
Last thing I want to do is walk more than I have to. Like I've said, my thing is I find it so much harder to just stand still than I do to walk. I guess I'm the only one though. I mean, I would RATHER take the boat, and if the boat is there, we do take it. But if the boat is just pulling away, and I know it's going to be 15 min or so for another boat, we'll walk. Just because standing sucks.

Well, everywhere but between Epcot and BWI. That walk is simply too short to take the boat. I'm of the full belief that by the time you add on the extra steps you take to walk to and up and down the docks you aren't saving steps, or saving many. Though I haven't measured. Because even leaving Epcot, the dock is off to the side, you can cut corners and be at the bridge to BWI by the time you make it down to the boat.

Last thing I want to do is walk more than I have to. Like I've said, my thing is I find it so much harder to just stand still than I do to walk. I guess I'm the only one though. I mean, I would RATHER take the boat, and if the boat is there, we do take it. But if the boat is just pulling away, and I know it's going to be 15 min or so for another boat, we'll walk. Just because standing sucks.

Well, everywhere but between Epcot and BWI. That walk is simply too short to take the boat. I'm of the full belief that by the time you add on the extra steps you take to walk to and up and down the docks you aren't saving steps, or saving many. Though I haven't measured. Because even leaving Epcot, the dock is off to the side, you can cut corners and be at the bridge to BWI by the time you make it down to the boat.

Luckily every time we've gone to DHS a boat was right there or we found somewhere to sit. We ALWAYS walk to Epcot. It's way too short not to.

I plan on walking over to Swan and Dolphin for some meals also. We won't do the boat for that.

You’re not the only one. I hate waiting too. If the boat isn’t there, we walk.

We always walk now from EPCOT, but even when we took the boat, I always found that if it wasn't at the dock when we left the international gateway, we would beat the boat to the Boardwalk. The timing was such that even if it just arrived at the dock, by the time it unloaded and loaded, with it first stopping at the Yacht & Beach Club, we could easily faster than it would take to get to the Boardwalk.

Can anyone confirm whether you can use a QS credit on the DDP at the Boardwalk Pizza Window? One of the things I've been trepidatious so far about this resort is the lack of a solid quick service, but being able to try that new personal white pizza + beer or sangria sounds yummy! For some reason, I thought the Window didn't accept the DDP. TIA!

Can anyone confirm whether you can use a QS credit on the DDP at the Boardwalk Pizza Window? One of the things I've been trepidatious so far about this resort is the lack of a solid quick service, but being able to try that new personal white pizza + beer or sangria sounds yummy! For some reason, I thought the Window didn't accept the DDP. TIA!

Yes it does.

One of the things I've been trepidatious so far about this resort is the lack of a solid quick service, but being able to try that new personal white pizza + beer or sangria sounds yummy

Anyone in here have actual experience with the updated menu? I've seen good reviews, but I'm still skeptical.

I’m with you as well. I’ve had 2 back surgeries and standing absolutely kills me. I would rather walk too, which saves my back/hips/legs more than standing.

Anyone in here have actual experience with the updated menu? I've seen good reviews, but I'm still skeptical.

Last week we ate the cheese pizza from the walk up window. It was absolutely delicious. Fantastic crust and just darn yummy overall. We went back three times. Did not try other pizza. I did try the sangria, but did not like it at all. I ended up throwing it away and getting a watermelon margarita at the stand right across.

We always walk now from EPCOT, but even when we took the boat, I always found that if it wasn't at the dock when we left the international gateway, we would beat the boat to the Boardwalk. The timing was such that even if it just arrived at the dock, by the time it unloaded and loaded, with it first stopping at the Yacht & Beach Club, we could easily faster than it would take to get to the Boardwalk.

Hi! Actually the Boardwalk is the first stop from Epcot (unless they’ve changed it), but you are still correct that walking is ALWAYS quicker. But if the boat is there or coming, we still take it just to rest the featsies from all the walking! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!