Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hi! Just switched from beach Club since I was able to add the last day that I needed and wanted an Epcot resort. We stayed club level in April 2013, just booked GV for Oct. Am I correct in saying that there is only one way in and out of the Inn to the Boardwalk area? There is no way to enter the resort at the closest point from Epcot, right? Just clarifying before putting in a room request. Any suggestions what to request?

Thanks

Hi! Actually the Boardwalk is the first stop from Epcot (unless they’ve changed it), but you are still correct that walking is ALWAYS quicker. But if the boat is there or coming, we still take it just to rest the featsies from all the walking! :)

Darn. I always get those mixed up. It's last coming from DHS. Thanks for the correction.

Hi! Just switched from beach Club since I was able to add the last day that I needed and wanted an Epcot resort. We stayed club level in April 2013, just booked GV for Oct. Am I correct in saying that there is only one way in and out of the Inn to the Boardwalk area? There is no way to enter the resort at the closest point from Epcot, right? Just clarifying before putting in a room request. Any suggestions what to request?

Thanks
You are correct. No other access to the Boardwalk other than the stairs that come down from the lobby area.
There is more than 2 staircase but they are side by side. So no shortcut, which is what I'm sure you are asking about

You are correct. No other access to the Boardwalk other than the stairs that come down from the lobby area.
There is more than 2 staircase but they are side by side. So no shortcut, which is what I'm sure you are asking about
Thank you! Also, do you want directly out from the second floor rooms?

Thank you! Also, do you want directly out from the second floor rooms?
If I have the question right, yes, the lobby level is level 2. You use stairs from there to go down to the Boardwalk level. There is no way to access the Boardwalk level from the rooms on Level 1 on the Inn side of the Resort. You have to go up to Level 2 and the use the stairs, or use the elevator that is across from the Bellvue Lounge. Even the main elevator doesn't access the Boardwalk level on the first floor. It sounds more confusing in writing than it is when you get there.

Based on descriptions I have read on several websites, I am concerned that perhaps not all of the the BWI standard and garden view rooms have daybeds/sleeper sofas. I will need two queens plus the third sleeping surface for my group. Do some of the rooms really just have 2 queens? Is there a way to specifically reserve a room that has the sleeper sofa/daybed???

Based on descriptions I have read on several websites, I am concerned that perhaps not all of the the BWI standard and garden view rooms have daybeds/sleeper sofas.

Correct. Most do, but not all.

I will need two queens plus the third sleeping surface for my group. Do some of the rooms really just have 2 queens?

Yup.

Is there a way to specifically reserve a room that has the sleeper sofa/daybed???

No. If your a party of 5, you will get one. If not, it's only a request.

No. If your a party of 5, you will get one. If not, it's only a request.

Ugh! Thanks for the info. Are the rooms without the daybeds smaller? Or still sizeable? Maybe I don't have to give up on BWI if I can arrange to have a twin air mattress as back up

Ugh! Thanks for the info. Are the rooms without the daybeds smaller? Or still sizeable? Maybe I don't have to give up on BWI if I can arrange to have a twin air mattress as back up
I have stayed at the BWI too many times to count! It has always been just me and my husband and we have always gotten a room with a pull out bed. We have stayed in every view , both CL and non CL and have never had a room without the sofa that makes into a bed. I hope this helps. You can also call and add the request if it makes you feel better.

Our room had a sleeper sofa, and if yours doesn’t, you could always go to the desk and ask if there is one available. There may not be, but it’s worth a try.

We had requested close to elevator. When we arrived we practically needed a trail of breadcrumbs to find our room. When we did it wouldn’t unlock. Since we were at the front desk anyway, we asked if there was anything closer to the elevator available. We understood it might not be possible. We got moved to the best room ever.

Epcot dvc resorts are tough during food & wine. Studios go before 1 bedrooms. Standard views go before garden/pool view. If you arrrange to book at 11 months and you (or an agency) can find an owner who has boardwalk as home resort and who wants to rent out their points, you should be ok — but there is no guarantee that you will find such an owner.

We were able to book two studios for September 22-27 of this year. We put in a request in January and got it two days later. My sister tried in March for the same days and studio but wasn’t able to get it

Good Morning from Boardwalk Inn!!!!! I don’t think it’s been reported yet but it appears the Inn is changing over to Keurig coffee makers. We still have the pod kind in our room, but our friends have a new Kuerig in theirs. Both are standard view rooms.

Good Morning from Boardwalk Inn!!!!! I don’t think it’s been reported yet but it appears the Inn is changing over to Keurig coffee makers. We still have the pod kind in our room, but our friends have a new Kuerig in theirs. Both are standard view rooms.

I wonder if they will change over in the DVC rooms, too. I really don't like the pods coffee at all and was considering buying a mini Keurig for our May trip.

First stay at BWI coming up in September (16-23), looking forward to reading through this thread and learning things about this resort.

I had my first BWI stay this past June and I love it! Hope you have a great time :).

Hope you're having a great time :wizard:.

We are here now, and mousekeeping is by far the best we’ve ever had. We’ve stayed yearly since 2004 and twice yearly since 2015. We are so impressed.

That said, this is by far the worst bus service we have ever experienced. I alwAys read reports of people complaining about buses at various resorts, and I figured they were exaggerating.

This is not the case. we’ve yet to have less than a 25 minute wait for any bus, and it’s more like 35 min plus. This is from the resort and from the parks. Other guests have found the same, and I think from speaking to CMs, this is unusual or this resort.

We are here now, and mousekeeping is by far the best we’ve ever had. We’ve stayed yearly since 2004 and twice yearly since 2015. We are so impressed.

That said, this is by far the worst bus service we have ever experienced. I alwAys read reports of people complaining about buses at various resorts, and I figured they were exaggerating.

This is not the case. we’ve yet to have less than a 25 minute wait for any bus, and it’s more like 35 min plus. This is from the resort and from the parks. Other guests have found the same, and I think from speaking to CMs, this is unusual or this resort.
Most interesting points,
Read long enough,
Someone else at BWI this exact dates will have
Worse mousekeeping they've ever seen and best buses they've ever seen.
Never fails.
There's always best/worse for everything for every resort for every date.
Hopefully, you are the one that never gets just the worst end of the stick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter