Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I wonder if they will change over in the DVC rooms, too. I really don't like the pods coffee at all and was considering buying a mini Keurig for our May trip.
Villas have standard Mr Coffee style coffee makers. I doubt they will go to Keurig based on the cost of the pods. It's a lot cheaper (on member dues) to use the filter packs that make 4-6 cups each versus multiple Keurig pods.

Good Morning from Boardwalk Inn!!!!! I don’t think it’s been reported yet but it appears the Inn is changing over to Keurig coffee makers. We still have the pod kind in our room, but our friends have a new Kuerig in theirs. Both are standard view rooms.
Oh my stepdad would be THRILLED!!

We are here now, and mousekeeping is by far the best we’ve ever had. We’ve stayed yearly since 2004 and twice yearly since 2015. We are so impressed.

That said, this is by far the worst bus service we have ever experienced. I alwAys read reports of people complaining about buses at various resorts, and I figured they were exaggerating.

This is not the case. we’ve yet to have less than a 25 minute wait for any bus, and it’s more like 35 min plus. This is from the resort and from the parks. Other guests have found the same, and I think from speaking to CMs, this is unusual or this resort.

We had our first BWI stay this past June and this was the exact same experience we had. Like you, we found mousekeeping amazing and our bus experience mirrored yours. It never failed that we had long waits to/from the parks (and 35 minutes isn't an exaggeration). However, we did find the boats to be great as the few times we used them, one was either pulling in as we were walking to the dock, or was sitting and waiting as we arrived. We didn't let the bus situation ruin our trip, but it was annoying at times sitting in the heat watching the bus arrival times on the monitor keep changing, and not for the better...lol. With that said, I loved BWI and will definitely stay there again, despite the horrible bus experience.

We check in Sunday!!!!!! I've been following along and just want to check...standard rooms on the Inn side can be anywhere....not just along the front stretch overlooking the front driveway, right? Touring plans makes it look like very few rooms are standard and that they are all in the wing relatively close to elevator.

We had our first BWI stay this past June and this was the exact same experience we had. Like you, we found mousekeeping amazing and our bus experience mirrored yours. It never failed that we had long waits to/from the parks (and 35 minutes isn't an exaggeration). However, we did find the boats to be great as the few times we used them, one was either pulling in as we were walking to the dock, or was sitting and waiting as we arrived. We didn't let the bus situation ruin our trip, but it was annoying at times sitting in the heat watching the bus arrival times on the monitor keep changing, and not for the better...lol. With that said, I loved BWI and will definitely stay there again, despite the horrible bus experience.

I completely agree. The boat has been amazing. We are definitely not letting it impact our trip, but we are finding we are less likely to visit MK because that’s where the bus has been the worst. For us, anyway!

We check in Sunday!!!!!! I've been following along and just want to check...standard rooms on the Inn side can be anywhere....not just along the front stretch overlooking the front driveway, right? Touring plans makes it look like very few rooms are standard and that they are all in the wing relatively close to elevator.
Touring Plans room finder is wonderful, for location only. It has 1 major fault, the categories they list are off on many of the rooms.
The layout is obviously right, so where you see the room in relation to the lobby, stairs, elevators, etc is fine. I mean, those things don't move.
Just don't bother with parameters in the room. Bed configurations and categories are as liable to be right as they are wrong. Disney tends to change these things up without telling anyone

Villas have standard Mr Coffee style coffee makers. I doubt they will go to Keurig based on the cost of the pods. It's a lot cheaper (on member dues) to use the filter packs that make 4-6 cups each versus multiple Keurig pods.

I'd be happy to bring my own pods, since I'm the only coffee drinker, a pot never gets finished

Somebody posted this on the Yacht & Beach Club thread:

"has anyone noticed if BC has the refillable soap and shampoo dispensers installed yet? I just read the update on DFB and it looks like boardwalk has them installed so I was curious if BC has them yet"

Have they been installed at the Boardwalk? If that was posted here, I missed it. (But I was at a convention and then at Disney World so I'm probably behind on the threads.)

We check in Sunday!!!!!!

Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I completely agree. The boat has been amazing. We are definitely not letting it impact our trip, but we are finding we are less likely to visit MK because that’s where the bus has been the worst. For us, anyway!

We had the same experience for MK...lol. Glad you're not letting it impact your trip. Hope you continue to have a great time :goodvibes.

"has anyone noticed if BC has the refillable soap and shampoo dispensers installed yet? I just read the update on DFB and it looks like boardwalk has them installed so I was curious if BC has them yet"

Have they been installed at the Boardwalk? If that was posted here, I missed it. (But I was at a convention and then at Disney World so I'm probably behind on the threads.)

They weren't there in June.

I hope they haven’t put those things in.

As of today, they still have the individual toiletries. Besides the usual, we’ve been given mouthwash, cooling gel, and foot scrub. We’ve also been given shower caps and vanity kits with cotton swabs and Emory boards. We do not use all of these items completely on a daily basis, and we are always given more.
This is great to hear because I will be checking in with my 6 besties in early October!

I'd be happy to bring my own pods, since I'm the only coffee drinker, a pot never gets finished
I'm sure you are more than welcome to bring your own pods and coffee maker and not use the one in the villa.

They are in the process of being installed.

There is no way I’m using communal toiletries. May be a dealbreaker. I’m not spending $700+ per night to use group amenities. If other people think it’s no big deal, I respect that. Not me. Toiletries is part of the vacation for us. We usually have extras that we put in the bathroom when we get home and it reminds us of trip. Very icky and now I have to figure out what I’m going to do.

There is no way I’m using communal toiletries. May be a dealbreaker. I’m not spending $700+ per night to use group amenities. If other people think it’s no big deal, I respect that. Not me. Toiletries is part of the vacation for us. We usually have extras that we put in the bathroom when we get home and it reminds us of trip. Very icky and now I have to figure out what I’m going to do.

I have allergies and skin issues, so I always take my own soap, shampoo and conditioner when I travel. I have for years. I put all of the hotel-provided toiletries on the far side of the counter and they stay there. I don't take them home with me.

I can understand not wanting to use communal toiletries -- but that certainly would not keep me away from the Boardwalk or the Beach Club.

It's possible that over time other companies will implement the same policy in their hotels, so I'm not sure what people will do if not having individual toiletry bottles in the room is a deal breaker.

I hope this doesn't sound too negative. I haven't had breakfast yet. I probably shouldn't write before I eat.

The have been using these type dispensers in European hotels for the decade and a half I have been traveling there. I stayed frequently in an upscale hotel in Barcelona and this is all they had. I was initially shocked that there was no soap in the room, just the dispenser of shower gel.

Like it or not, this is the way the world is moving. It saves money for the hotel and reduces waste. Collecting mini toiletries will be a thing of the past, just like collecting match boxes from restaurants has become.

Like it or not, this is the way the world is moving. It saves money for the hotel and reduces waste. Collecting mini toiletries will be a thing of the past, just like collecting match boxes from restaurants has become.
Yep. I noticed on a stay a couple weeks back that the Marriot chain has switched to this too.
It's just going to become the norm. In an effort to reduce plastics (as much as anything) we are going to see this everywhere.
Straws, utensils, and toiletries. All are going to disappear from our daily use. So those who are so vehemently against them probably need to start to find alternatives they can live with. Or they may not be traveling much anymore.

I never use the stuff in the rooms either. Nothing against them, or even against communal ones. I just like certain brands which they are not likely to have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter