Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Has the Boardwalk Inn switched to the refillable pump dispensers for shampoo , conditioner, etc. yet?( instead of the small bottles) Also, has anyone stayed since September and noticed if there are Keurig coffee makers in the Boardwalk Inn rooms? Thanks for your help.

They are in the process of installing the wall mounted pumps now.

We checked out yesterday. All shampoos, etc were in little bottles. We had a great time, but it was HOT in the parks. We usually go in September but found it hotter than usual. (Obviously not Disney’s fault) We’d spent around 4hrs in the parks then head back to the resort for a cool bath & to rest. None of the busses we rode were shared, but we did wait over 20 min for a bus to MK both days we went there. The bus back was also a good wait. We rode the boat to HS but walked back. The walk would not have been bad if it weren’t so hot. Toy Story Land was cute, Slinky Dog was fun. The line to wait was ridiculously hot, there should be more fans or maybe misters. We had FPs, thankfully, I felt bad for those in the regular line. We had a water view with a nice balcony over the bar. We had perfect view of the entertainer in the evenings. Epcot was super busy because of the food & wine festival. All together we had a nice time.

Can anyone give me their opinion on which club level deluxe boardwalk view rooms are most convenient to the lounge? We are booked for 12/16 - 12/20 and I know there are 10 of these rooms. A few over the bakery and a few over abacadabar. I'm wondering if the 3 floor rooms over the bakery are really inconvenient to get to the lounge. I'd like to request the 3rd floor rooms for the bigger balconies, but wondering if requesting 4th floor over Abacadabar will be a better request to make. Anyone who's stayed in these rooms and can share their experience would be great. Thanks.

Can anyone give me their opinion on which club level deluxe boardwalk view rooms are most convenient to the lounge? We are booked for 12/16 - 12/20 and I know there are 10 of these rooms. A few over the bakery and a few over abacadabar. I'm wondering if the 3 floor rooms over the bakery are really inconvenient to get to the lounge. I'd like to request the 3rd floor rooms for the bigger balconies, but wondering if requesting 4th floor over Abacadabar will be a better request to make. Anyone who's stayed in these rooms and can share their experience would be great. Thanks.

We were just at BWI and they had the wall mounted toiletries but they did give us individual soap, lotion, aloe gel and mouthwash. To me it makes up for it.

Last edited:

We stayed in a deluxe/BWI last December. We're staying in one this December. Really nice room, the extra space is really great, even for just the two of us. We had a 4th floor room, literally a few rooms down from the lounge. Very nice location, we were in one of the 5 deluxe rooms that are the farthest from the boat dock. Like you though, I'm wondering about the 3rd floor rooms, as we're super into balconies and I've heard/read that the 3rd floor balconies are bigger. I have requested a 3rd floor. I would also appreciate it if someone who has stayed in a deluxe club room on the 3rd floor would happen by and share their experiences...and pictures would be a bonus!:).

I have stayed in both a third and fourth floor room. The 3rd floor room was nice with the bigger balcony, it was a girls trip and their 4 of us. It was no problem getting to the lounge at all. We used the stairs that come out right by the hall desk by the big door. The rooms are really nice and we loved staying in them. We are trying the cottages in February for our anniversary in February.

We stayed in 4255, the one that is just inside the Inn Keeper's door, next door to the Steeplechase Suite. We loved the location.
What do you intend to do on the balcony that you need more space? We had plenty of room to sit out and watch, with 2 chairs and a table. There are not more than 2 chairs available, that I know of, even when we had a bigger balcony.

That's why I pointed out it was club level. I know some things are different. Thanks.
Gotcha.
I mentioned it since there are readers who don't know that CL is different or that the CL rooms have had them for a long time. It doesn't mean the other rooms are getting them

We stayed in 4255, the one that is just inside the Inn Keeper's door, next door to the Steeplechase Suite. We loved the location.
What do you intend to do on the balcony that you need more space? We had plenty of room to sit out and watch, with 2 chairs and a table. There are not more than 2 chairs available, that I know of, even when we had a bigger balcony.

Mainly would just like room for the 4 of us to be able to watch illuminations or just people watch the activities on the boardwalk. My main concerns were that 1 being in the rooms directly over Abracadabar would be too noisy, but 2. Worried that the rooms over the Bakery would be a long hike to go-to the lounge to grab snacks, drinks. Just trying to weigh the pros and cons of each set of rooms lol.

In reference to the buses being shared. We only used the park buses two times (one round trip) last week. Once to go to Disney Springs. We went straight there after pick up but the bus was already mostly full when it stopped at BW. Then again for the return trip which took quite some time. It stopped at The Swan, The Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, and finally Boardwalk.
On past trips, we've had all sorts of combinations. Sometimes buses are BW only both ways. Sometimes they share with YC/BC. Sometimes they share with Swan/Dolphin. Sometimes all 5 resorts share. Our personal policy is that we start out each trip using the buses but if we hit a point where we're out of patience we switch to taxi/uber/Minnie Van for the remainder of the trip. Sometimes that switch never happens. Sometimes it happens pretty early. No point in being irritated on vacation when there's an easy opt out.
I was personally irritated the first time it happened to me because I was under the impression BW didn't share buses at all, and would have taken an Uber to AK had I known it was a possibility. But agreed—we used Minnie vans, Uber and Lyft throughout the trip when it made sense, both ways to/from Springs both times we visited. We even took a Lyft from the Swan one night after karaoke at Kimonos because there was a huge storm! (Somehow that trip was more expensive than the trip to Springs?! Must have been a surge or just the way the roads are laid out in that area.) Overall, I am not sure I'd return to BWI, but if i do, I'm glad I know what I know now about the transportation, and will budget for rideshares accordingly!

Has the Boardwalk Inn switched to the refillable pump dispensers for shampoo , conditioner, etc. yet?( instead of the small bottles) Also, has anyone stayed since September and noticed if there are Keurig coffee makers in the Boardwalk Inn rooms? Thanks for your help.
We were in room 2320 and had the wall-mounted soap, shampoo and conditioner. I bring my own toiletries but tried the body wash once for the heck of it. I thought the set up looked lovely!

As far as bus sharing, we just honeymooned at YC for 11 nights, and since the bus stops at the parks between YC/BC, S/D, and BWI are all close by, I can report that we always saw individual buses for BWI pick up. No sharing with Yacht/Beach or Swan/Dolphin. Now remember, this is mid-August....not peak, but still pretty crowded. I'd guess the sharing happens when the parks are less crowded.

i3L6UVU2tF4BiYqJ8

My wife made this Sunday. They said it was the first time and it was popular.

Attachments

• 20180918_090420-1701x3024.jpg
    20180918_090420-1701x3024.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 48
As far as bus sharing, we just honeymooned at YC for 11 nights, and since the bus stops at the parks between YC/BC, S/D, and BWI are all close by, I can report that we always saw individual buses for BWI pick up. No sharing with Yacht/Beach or Swan/Dolphin. Now remember, this is mid-August....not peak, but still pretty crowded. I'd guess the sharing happens when the parks are less crowded.
Not really that simple. It's not just the season you go but can be time of day.
You can have share/not share buses on the same day.

Yes, i finally figured out how to resize. Sorry its been awhile since i tried to post a picture on the Boards. It was $26.
She did a great job. I almost did a pair during my trip a couple weeks ago but decided I'd never wear them. Maybe I'll do them when we got back next month. If they keep it going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter