Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Sitting in the airport, sadly, waiting for the return flight home. We had a wonderful 7 night stay at BWI CL. We arrived on 9/12 and were assigned room 4202 which is the furthest possible room from the lounge. While checking in, I asked if there was anything else available and Brittney checked and offered to move us the next day. We gladly accepted, and on Thursday, we were reassigned to room 4237 which is directly across from the lounge. A king room (with a daybed) that overlooked the boardwalk. This was a huge improvement from the other room, although the first room had no flaws, it was just so far away. We found most of the CM’s to be extremely friendly. There were a couple that really seemed to focus their attention on just a few people or that just seems kind of meh, but for the most part they were great. Redgie is as great as everyone says he is...a very nice man and a great chef. We had a few hiccups along the way, but each time the staff went out of their way to make things right and then some. MDE was horrible the entire trip. I had to keep checking with CL desk to verify which dining reservations we actually had since every one I had ever made was showing up. We only used the quiet pool one time (although it was super hot) and had a hard time finding it. The main pool was very crowded, and I would say the quiet pool was rather busy too, considering the size. Again, it was very hot, so I think that is the reason. All and all, it was a lovely stay and ranks right at the top of our CL stays. I think we will try to stay there again on our next trip, which sadly won’t be for a couple of years.

Sitting in the airport, sadly, waiting for the return flight home. We had a wonderful 7 night stay at BWI CL. We arrived on 9/12 and were assigned room 4202 which is the furthest possible room from the lounge. While checking in, I asked if there was anything else available and Brittney checked and offered to move us the next day. We gladly accepted, and on Thursday, we were reassigned to room 4237 which is directly across from the lounge. A king room (with a daybed) that overlooked the boardwalk. This was a huge improvement from the other room, although the first room had no flaws, it was just so far away. We found most of the CM’s to be extremely friendly. There were a couple that really seemed to focus their attention on just a few people or that just seems kind of meh, but for the most part they were great. Redgie is as great as everyone says he is...a very nice man and a great chef. We had a few hiccups along the way, but each time the staff went out of their way to make things right and then some. MDE was horrible the entire trip. I had to keep checking with CL desk to verify which dining reservations we actually had since every one I had ever made was showing up. We only used the quiet pool one time (although it was super hot) and had a hard time finding it. The main pool was very crowded, and I would say the quiet pool was rather busy too, considering the size. Again, it was very hot, so I think that is the reason. All and all, it was a lovely stay and ranks right at the top of our CL stays. I think we will try to stay there again on our next trip, which sadly won’t be for a couple of years.

Thanks for your review. All of the CL CMs were great when we were there for the first time in June, but Brittany was the one we interacted with the most. She always welcomed us into the lounge with a smiling face and was very fun to talk to. I agree about Reggie.....awesome chef who made some very delicious things! Aside from the few hiccups, I'm glad you had a great time overall and enjoyed BWI CL :goodvibes.

Wonder, was the personalized itinerary pages being done during your trip? They'd leave them during turndown service, for the next day. Didn't know if the MDE problems kept them from printing those out or not

Were you aware there are two quiet pools? Which one did you use? The one on the Inn side or the one on the Villas side?
Denise

Were you aware there are two quiet pools? Which one did you use? The one on the Inn side or the one on the Villas side?
Denise
I did not know there were two. We used the one on the Inn side, by the cottages. A nice bell services gentleman gave us directions. I had my brain trained to switch elevators to go to the boardwalk. I didn’t think to stay on to go down to first floor to get to the other side of the resort. I imagine they were all quite busy due to the heat.

Wonder, was the personalized itinerary pages being done during your trip? They'd leave them during turndown service, for the next day. Didn't know if the MDE problems kept them from printing those out or not
It was hit or miss. Some days we would get them, others no. Sometimes they would leave chocolate, others no. Turndown was actually much later this trip then what I am used to. A couple nights they didn’t come until after 7 pm.

Thanks for your review. All of the CL CMs were great when we were there for the first time in June, but Brittany was the one we interacted with the most. She always welcomed us into the lounge with a smiling face and was very fun to talk to. I agree about Reggie.....awesome chef who made some very delicious things! Aside from the few hiccups, I'm glad you had a great time overall and enjoyed BWI CL :goodvibes.
Brittany WAS delightful. My hubby called her a “little sweetheart”. She told me how much she loves her job. It shows. She was really impressive.

I did not know there were two. We used the one on the Inn side, by the cottages. A nice bell services gentleman gave us directions. I had my brain trained to switch elevators to go to the boardwalk. I didn’t think to stay on to go down to first floor to get to the other side of the resort. I imagine they were all quite busy due to the heat.
The other one is right past the main pool, next to the Community Center.
Denise

The other one is pretty far from the Inn side. Even further than the main pool. When you consider there is one right there in the Inn side itself. None of the pools at BWI/V are particularly big.

Brittany WAS delightful. My hubby called her a “little sweetheart”. She told me how much she loves her job. It shows. She was really impressive.

I agree, Brittany is very delightful and it does show that she loves her job. We spent a lot of time in the lounge over our 5 day stay and had a lot of great conversations with her as she was fun to talk to :goodvibes.

Thanks so much for your thorough and candid review! Enjoyed reading it! :goodvibes

Question on the size of the fridge in the 2 bedroom lock offs.....it appears to be maybe a 3/4 sized fridge. Is that an accurate description? We will have 7 gals and will want to keep adult beverages cold as well as plenty of water bottles. Is a cooler necessary to help keep everything cold or do you think the size of the fridge is adequate to hold these things for 4 nights? I don't want to clutter up the kitchen with coolers if I can help it!

Stayed in 2 bedrooms a number of times. I think the fridge will be adequate. We just add drinks to the fridge daily to replenish

Has the Boardwalk Inn switched to the refillable pump dispensers for shampoo , conditioner, etc. yet?( instead of the small bottles) Also, has anyone stayed since September and noticed if there are Keurig coffee makers in the Boardwalk Inn rooms? Thanks for your help.

Hi -

I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn from 9/5 - 9/10, my room had the shower/tub wall dispensers for shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. The room did have a coffee maker, but not a Keurig coffee maker.

Hi -

I stayed at the Boardwalk Inn from 9/5 - 9/10, my room had the shower/tub wall dispensers for shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. The room did have a coffee maker, but not a Keurig coffee maker.

Do you still get a bar of soap at the sink?

Just back from our most recent BWI Innkeepers Club stay. No hot water for part of the morning. And no warning, either.

At desserts and cordials, leftover morning pastries and leftover cookies from the afternoon were the main selections.

After a decade of regular visits, it may be time to bid farewell to the resort.

All the best! :thumbsup2

We are staying at a 1 BR villa till the 21st. The villa has the small bottle H2O products. We have them at bothe the tub and shower and at the sink in the room with the tub. We have an old style 12 cup coffee maker. Rather than bring ground coffee and filters, I found 4-6 cup coffee packs at Walmart. We have not found any of the pools on the DVC side to be overly crowded.

Just back from our most recent BWI Innkeepers Club stay. No hot water for part of the morning. And no warning, either.

At desserts and cordials, leftover morning pastries and leftover cookies from the afternoon were the main selections.

After a decade of regular visits, it may be time to bid farewell to the resort.
All the best! :thumbsup2
Not having hot water is annoying. Was the hot water situation limited to only part of one morning? Did you note they put out "leftover" morning pastries for dessert over multiple days? Or might it have been only one day when they were having issues of some sort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter