Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I wish it was more than 1 night! We loved this room. Quiet corner and our balconies were a slight bit larger than others. The view was amazing. We had a std 2br booked at 40% ap rate. What a bargain!

View attachment 353646 View attachment 353647 View attachment 353639 View attachment 353640 View attachment 353641 View attachment 353642 View attachment 353643 View attachment 353644 View attachment 353645
That was a standard view if you booked through Disney Reservation Center. If it is booked on DVC points, it would be a preferred/Garden/Pool view.

Hi! I had a question about the first floor rooms on the Inn side and their patios. Is there some type of shrub barrier or low fence between the private patio for each room and the general "walkway" for the resort? In other words, is there anything preventing either random guests from walking up and sitting in the chairs right outside your room, and on the same note, is their anything preventing you from exiting your room via the patio door and walking directly to the Inn side quiet pool?
Also, I was looking at a resort room view map on touring plans, and wondering if there is a door between rooms 1326 and room 1341--so if you're staying in a room in that area, that would be the fastest/easiest way to access the quiet pool?

Thank you!

Hi! I had a question about the first floor rooms on the Inn side and their patios. Is there some type of shrub barrier or low fence between the private patio for each room and the general "walkway" for the resort? In other words, is there anything preventing either random guests from walking up and sitting in the chairs right outside your room, and on the same note, is their anything preventing you from exiting your room via the patio door and walking directly to the Inn side quiet pool?
Also, I was looking at a resort room view map on touring plans, and wondering if there is a door between rooms 1326 and room 1341--so if you're staying in a room in that area, that would be the fastest/easiest way to access the quiet pool?

Thank you!
There aren't 1st floor rooms along the general walkway. They are in the Courtyard facing the quiet pool but that is not a general walkway really. Typically no one would wander in there that isn't heading to their room.
As to random people walking around and getting on a patio and sitting down, that is no different than every single other resort with 1st floor rooms. It doesn't happen at Poly or GF so there's no reason why it would happen at BWI.
See the map from TP, all these rooms face the inner area, towards the pool.
BWI.jpg

If you want to go out the patio to the pool you can. You can't lock the door

Last edited:
There are some low bushes in front of the patio doors that tend to act as a bit of a barrier. They give the impression that your patio chairs aren't for just anyone. You can go out to the quiet pool via your room door but you'd have to do a bit of a hop over the low bushes. Also, as AngiTN said you can't lock your patio door from the outside so you would want to keep an eye out just in case as your door would be unlocked. And don't forget to keep your door closed-there are several little lizards out there, they're adorable but only if they're outside:)

We booked a garden view room for our stay April 18-26 2019 last month at rack rate-ouch!! Disney just released new discounts for our travel dates which our TA was able to secure for us. We just saved a bundle, now I'm even more excited for stay! There are several offers on the Disney site if anyone wants to check them out.....

Correct. There are no CL rooms on the 5th floor. The main CL rooms are on the 4th floor, 5 Deluxe CL rooms on the 3rd floor and the Garden Suites that have CL access.

For balconies, first there are a couple of types of balconies at the BWI. Individual balconies that don't have a shared wall with the next balcony.

Next up are the groups of balconies with a dividing wall and finally double size balconies (See 4th / 3rd floor) on select floors / rooms. The various balconies are shown in the picture below. Where I indicated a couple of rooms that don't even have a balcony on the 5th floor overlooking the Village Green rooms 5267 & 5275.

Dave

View attachment 327909
This is such a helpful post! Thank you for posting it!
I also read a trip advisor review that said they were in room 5285 and it also did not have a balcony.

Does anyone happen to know if this "no balcony" thing is just on the 5th floor? Or are there rooms on other floors that also do not have a balcony? Thank you!

This is such a helpful post! Thank you for posting it!
I also read a trip advisor review that said they were in room 5285 and it also did not have a balcony.

Does anyone happen to know if this "no balcony" thing is just on the 5th floor? Or are there rooms on other floors that also do not have a balcony? Thank you!

We have requested 3rd floor for our deluxe club level in December. We had 4th floor, literally steps from the lounge last year, which was great but I’m hoping for a bigger 3rd floor balcony this year.

We booked a garden view room for our stay April 18-26 2019 last month at rack rate-ouch!! Disney just released new discounts for our travel dates which our TA was able to secure for us. We just saved a bundle, now I'm even more excited for stay! There are several offers on the Disney site if anyone wants to check them out.....

Congrats on snagging a discount! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

We have requested 3rd floor for our deluxe club level in December. We had 4th floor, literally steps from the lounge last year, which was great but I’m hoping for a bigger 3rd floor balcony this year.
The deluxe rooms look amazing from the photos I've seen! I'd love to stay in one some day! Have a great trip, and fingers crossed for a 3rd floor room for you!

Lol, I requested 4th floor near the lounge for our CL Deluxe room for 12/16 - 12/20. I'm hoping for 4229 or 4225

Lol, I requested 4th floor near the lounge for our CL Deluxe room for 12/16 - 12/20. I'm hoping for 4229 or 4225
Funny! We were in room 4227...which is right between 4225 and 4229. You'll love that location, steps from the lounge. It was a nice room...showing its age a bit but the location and view can't be beat. Hope it works out for you!

Just checked into 5004 in the BWV. It is a bit of a walk but the view is amazing. I had requested an upper floor room through Touring plans and they were able to accommodate us, however, it wasn't in the exact area that I wanted, close but further down. The location, however, is amazing for getting around.

Just checked into 5004 in the BWV. It is a bit of a walk but the view is amazing. I had requested an upper floor room through Touring plans and they were able to accommodate us, however, it wasn't in the exact area that I wanted, close but further down. The location, however, is amazing for getting around.
When you get a chance, how about some pictures of the view?

Have a great time :wizard:.

We have room 5004, towards the end and facing the canal between BWV and S&D. Here are some photos from our balcony. I have to say, when the sun isn't right on that side, it's beautiful and peaceful. Long walk at the end of the day, however.
As far as the room goes, it's wonderful. I love the layout though my wife gets confused with all the interior doors. The decor is great and is a really nice theme. However, I have noticed a lack of USB charging ports. Good thing I brought my own.

Attachments

• BWV1.jpg
    BWV1.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 75
  • BWV2.jpg
    BWV2.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 70
  • BWV3.jpg
    BWV3.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 73
  • BWV4.jpg
    BWV4.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 72
  • BWV5.jpg
    BWV5.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 73
  • BWV6.jpg
    BWV6.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 69
  • BWV7.jpg
    BWV7.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 70
  • BWV8.jpg
    BWV8.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 70
  • BWV9.jpg
    BWV9.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 71
  • BWV10.jpg
    BWV10.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
We have room 5004, towards the end and facing the canal between BWV and S&D. Here are some photos from our balcony. I have to say, when the sun isn't right on that side, it's beautiful and peaceful. Long walk at the end of the day, however.
As far as the room goes, it's wonderful. I love the layout though my wife gets confused with all the interior doors. The decor is great and is a really nice theme. However, I have noticed a lack of USB charging ports. Good thing I brought my own.

Beautiful pics, thanks for sharing. Hope you are having a nice trip :wizard:.

I love seeing everyone's photos of the resort. This is our first time staying at any of the Epcot resorts and I have a feeling it won't be our last! Leaving in 3 days for our "girl's only" stay at the Villas then hubby joins me next saturday on the Inn side. Excited to be able to compare the two!

I love seeing everyone's photos of the resort. This is our first time staying at any of the Epcot resorts and I have a feeling it won't be our last! Leaving in 3 days for our "girl's only" stay at the Villas then hubby joins me next saturday on the Inn side. Excited to be able to compare the two!

Sounds like a great trip! I had my first BWI stay this past June (girls trip) and I loved it! Hope you have a great time and enjoy BWI :goodvibes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter