Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Do you have to have a villa? You could get 2 regular rooms

I was told I would have a harder time getting studios, originally wanted 3. Everyone is sold on a villa now anyways since it has the full kitchen.

I think we are going to try for a 2bedroom and studio.

I am hearing now that I would have a better chance booking 7 months out rather than 11 since there’s a larger pool of owners. Would you all agree?

Thanks so much for all the advice!

I am hearing now that I would have a better chance booking 7 months out rather than 11 since there’s a larger pool of owners. Would you all agree?

Larger pool of owners doesn’t help when there is a smaller amount of rooms left (because people who own at that resort start booking at 11 months out).

Larger pool of owners doesn’t help when there is a smaller amount of rooms left (because people who own at that resort start booking at 11 months out).

And owners who want November do start booking early! Food & Wine Festival, Christmas decorations, cooler weather and lower points costs for rooms make that time very attractive. Many owners at BWV bought there specifically to stay there at that time.

@tinabina919, I love BWV, but if I were wanting to rent DVC for a November stay, I’d have a 2nd choice resort in mind. AKL and BLT are wonderful for family groups because of the extra bathrooms (2 full baths in the 1-bedroom, 3 in the 2-bedroom), and 2 or 3 Poly studios might be easier to get than BWV in November. And remember, the OKW villas are huge, and SSR is undergoing renovations now with beautiful results.

Last edited:

And owners who want November do start booking early! Food & Wine Festival, Christmas decorations, cooler weather and lower points costs for rooms make that time very attractive. Many owners at BWV bought there specifically to stay there at that time.

@tinabina919, I love BWV, but if I were wanting to rent DVC for a November stay, I’d have a 2nd choice resort in mind. AKL and BLT are wonderful for family groups because of the extra bathrooms (2 full baths in the 1-bedroom, 3 in the 2-bedroom), and 2 or 3 Poly studios might be easier to get than BWV in November. And remember, the OKW villas are huge, and SSR is undergoing renovations now with beautiful results.
Thank you for the tips! It’s usually just me and my husband and we LOVE BWV but we do have AKL in mind for a backup plan. We usually go in January too but I can’t seem to talk the others out of Nov... I sure wouldn’t mind a Christmas party though!

I was told I would have a harder time getting studios, originally wanted 3. Everyone is sold on a villa now anyways since it has the full kitchen.

I think we are going to try for a 2bedroom and studio.

Getting one villa let alone two in November will be very difficult at seven months out. If you want a villa, you need to book it a 11 months out exactly. And pay the premium price to do it.

When we talk about Fall Frenzy, we mean it. Seven months out won't get you two villas at BWV or probably even one villa.

You need to find someone new to book from because you are getting very bad advice from someone. And if you are getting it from Facebook groups, they are the worst.

Last edited:
So excited finally Booked a 4 night stay in March at BWI. First time saying here and at any Epcot resort. We will be there for Flower and Garden so hoping to get a room where we can walk to the park or at least get close transport.

So excited finally Booked a 4 night stay in March at BWI. First time saying here and at any Epcot resort. We will be there for Flower and Garden so hoping to get a room where we can walk to the park or at least get close transport.
Walking takes about ten minutes or you can wait for the boat to Epcot. BW is the last stop before you arrive at Epcot.

Apparently it’s been five years or so since the BWI rooms were refreshed. Are the rooms in good condition? We stayed at Yacht Club shortly before the resort was rehabbed, and our room was in terrible shape with rusted metal fixtures, peeling wallpaper, broken lights, etc. I vowed then not to ever again pay deluxe prices for a substandard room. I found a good rate for Boardwalk for our upcoming trip, but if the rooms are worn, we’ll choose another resort. Looking forward to recent travelers’ reports! Thanks!

Possible stupid question alert: Is there a walkway around the side of ESPN to the back of the resort? Whenever I look at maps it looks like there is one but I've never seen it or heard anyone talk about it.

Apparently it’s been five years or so since the BWI rooms were refreshed. Are the rooms in good condition? We stayed at Yacht Club shortly before the resort was rehabbed, and our room was in terrible shape with rusted metal fixtures, peeling wallpaper, broken lights, etc. I vowed then not to ever again pay deluxe prices for a substandard room. I found a good rate for Boardwalk for our upcoming trip, but if the rooms are worn, we’ll choose another resort. Looking forward to recent travelers’ reports! Thanks!
I've never noticed any wear and tear on the rooms. I guess there may be a chip or scuff on the paint somewhere. Honestly, don't care if there is. It's not a pig stye or falling down anywhere. It's not substandard.

Possible stupid question alert: Is there a walkway around the side of ESPN to the back of the resort? Whenever I look at maps it looks like there is one but I've never seen it or heard anyone talk about it.
Not open to the public. The ONLY way to the Boardwalk from the Inn side is off the lobby, or just off the lobby by Bellvue Lounge (which is so close to the lobby I call that off the lobby too)

Not open to the public. The ONLY way to the Boardwalk from the Inn side is off the lobby, or just off the lobby by Bellvue Lounge (which is so close to the lobby I call that off the lobby too)
Thank you! I figured that might be the case, but I’m notorious for not being the most observant so thought it might be good to ask (because I love a good short cut)

I found that out on one of our early visits to the BWI. I walked out a door near the quiet pool and ended up on the walkway that goes behind ESPN. When I saw the dumpsters I realized I someplace I wasn't supposed to be. I quietly turned around and went back.

We were just there in August and they were fine. I mean there’s a little bit of scuffs but I think that’s normal in any hotel. People also complained about the wilderness Lodge being old and dingy and we didn’t really feel that that was an issue either. The rooms were clean the halls were clean. It was fine

Does anyone have any pictures of the BWI Outer Building Garden Suites? Specifically of one of the rooms with a balcony? I've watched a bunch of Youtube videos and they are all great but they all show the rooms that have the seating on the first level, with the cute gardens. I'm a balcony nut...not sure how I'll feel sitting outside on the "ground", vs up higher. I know there are only 3 rooms with balconies....wondering how a balcony changes the experience both in and out, v.s. ground level seating with the chairs/table. TIA!

Does anyone have any pictures of the BWI Outer Building Garden Suites? Specifically of one of the rooms with a balcony? I've watched a bunch of Youtube videos and they are all great but they all show the rooms that have the seating on the first level, with the cute gardens. I'm a balcony nut...not sure how I'll feel sitting outside on the "ground", vs up higher. I know there are only 3 rooms with balconies....wondering how a balcony changes the experience both in and out, v.s. ground level seating with the chairs/table. TIA!
I've been wondering the same thing, I really want to see what the rooms look like inside and all that but can never find anything. I'll be alone and would much rather sit up in a balcony than out on a little front porch, but would love to know what the rooms look like inside.

They are in the first few posts of the thread. I linked them when someone asked this same question recently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter