Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Heading to our favorite BWI in less than 3 weeks. Can anyone who has stayed recently speak to how the busses have been? The last three times we've gone over the last couple of years we've loved that BWI had its own dedicated bus and wasn't sharing with neighboring resorts. Also... wait times?

I have some cousins at BWI now and they have been saying that the buses have been great this week. They said they've only shared with Swan/Dolphin twice to Disney Springs. No sharing every other trip/destination.

Yes, that's The Green

Have you had a view of The Green? Did you like it?

When I was looking at room views while booking, I said to myself "oh, that's the one we'll get" because I really want a view right on the Boardwalk, but now looking at pictures, I think we would be happy with any of the water/boardwalk views. :)

When I was looking at room views while booking, I said to myself "oh, that's the one we'll get" because I really want a view right on the Boardwalk, but now looking at pictures, I think we would be happy with any of the water/boardwalk views. :)
Yes and yes.
I've had views of every possible location at BWI, even some over at the Villa side. They are all fine.

Heading to our favorite BWI in less than 3 weeks. Can anyone who has stayed recently speak to how the busses have been? The last three times we've gone over the last couple of years we've loved that BWI had its own dedicated bus and wasn't sharing with neighboring resorts. Also... wait times?
They always share with all the Epcot resorts when going to DS
It's going to be pretty difficult to share wait times since even 2 groups there on the same exact day will experience very different wait times if they show up even 5 min apart and the 2nd group misses the bus the first group got on. Some are short, some aren't. They all even out in the end though.
Sharing for MK and AK seems to vary by time of day. Mornings rarely. Mid day, almost always. Evenings, much more hit and miss.

Be sure to take advantage of the Disney app, which shows you bus arrival times at the resort. Unfortunately, it doesn't have functionality yet to show you when the bus back to your resort is arriving at the various parks but it's really nice to have at the resort going to the parks. So even if your bus isn't going to arrive for 20 minutes, you can spend that time in the room or grabbing coffee or whatever. Have found it to be quite helpful in lighting a fire under the rear of my family to get them going in the morning too.

Be sure to take advantage of the Disney app, which shows you bus arrival times at the resort.

How do you locate this feature in the app? When we were at BWV in January, I searched the app, looked everywhere including under our hotel information, and could not find the bus wait times. I didn't bother to ask the staff because I had never used the feature before. But no one in our group could find the info in their MDE app.

How do you locate this feature in the app? When we were at BWV in January, I searched the app, looked everywhere including under our hotel information, and could not find the bus wait times. I didn't bother to ask the staff because I had never used the feature before. But no one in our group could find the info in their MDE app.

When looking at your active resort information there is a button labeled "See Bus Times".

Be sure to take advantage of the Disney app, which shows you bus arrival times at the resort. Unfortunately, it doesn't have functionality yet to show you when the bus back to your resort is arriving at the various parks but it's really nice to have at the resort going to the parks. So even if your bus isn't going to arrive for 20 minutes, you can spend that time in the room or grabbing coffee or whatever. Have found it to be quite helpful in lighting a fire under the rear of my family to get them going in the morning too.

Now that is new for me. This will be our 10th resort visit in 6 years and I've been wanting that feature for a while. Thank you for the heads up and for the image how to find it in the app.

Thanks for that! I didn't know that was available and I probably wouldn't have looked for it in that location.

They did a great job of putting the word out on the app when the feature was first launched but now that it's been out for a while they just assume everyone knows it's there and they don't point it out anymore. They need to go back to putting up an announcement about it again. Stop assuming that people go so often or know things are there.

If you have stayed at BW INN Dec. 2018 to present: what kind of coffee maker did you have in your room? I see a post on Dec. 4th that stated they had a Keurig. I'm curious if most rooms have changed to this from the flat pods. Thanks!

Going back to BWV in July. Have studio - Pool/Garden View. Last time we overlooked the middle green area and could see the Boardwalk Area and facing Epcot. It was a great location (I think 3rd or 4th floor). What is that location called - is it the Village Green Area?

Would you happen to have any pics of your view? I'm going in May fit the first time and have a pool/ garden view studio booked.

Unless you specifically booked the BW view, you won't be along the Boardwalk. The Village Green may be as close as you can get.

Would you happen to have any pics of your view? I'm going in May fit the first time and have a pool/ garden view studio booked.

Sorry, I don't. But is a very nice location. Although I don't think I have had a bad location at BWV.

Unless you specifically booked the BW view, you won't be along the Boardwalk. The Village Green may be as close as you can get.

I did book the water view. I was thinking the Green would be the least desirable of views in that category, but maybe not.

Last edited:
I did book the water view. I was thinking the Green would be the least desirable of views in that category, but maybe not.
You'll either get the leisure pool, Luna Park pool, Village Green (studios only), a slight peek at the Disney Channel from the end of the building or inside the pool area. But not the Boardwalk since that is a specific booking category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts