Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Just called Disney again to review our options. With discounts releasing we were scared to be at a resort that wasn’t included. Club level isn’t available for the foreseeable future rn. So we got moved to the grand Floridian! Lagoon view (we are indifferent about theme park) and it was actually a lot cheaper!

Any thoughts on what might replace Ample Hills? It's sad that they had to claim bankruptcy. We never got a chance to run over from BCR and try that Ooey Gooey Butter Cake that everyone was always talking about. Plus, it costs a ton to order it online and that's not in the cards right now! 😂
Haven’t heard anything. It was Ample Hills decision to close. I hope it’s another good ice cream place. We didn’t really like Beaches & Cream, and most ice cream at Disney is barely above grocery store quality. However, we love the ice cream place in France, but you can’t just hop over there now.

Haven’t heard anything. It was Ample Hills decision to close. I hope it’s another good ice cream place. We didn’t really like Beaches & Cream, and most ice cream at Disney is barely above grocery store quality. However, we love the ice cream place in France, but you can’t just hop over there now.
Yesssss! The Macaron ice cream sandwich is also soooooo good there! But you're right, it's not as easy to just drop in... 😂

Speaking of EPCOT treats, I am hoping they open Le Creperie & Ratatouille before we go in November. That area looks like it's getting close to finished!

Requests are never guaranteed. Even if you paid cash for a DVC villa. You are booked into a room by the same Room Scheduler.

Do you know, does the room scheduler consider Touring Plans room requests for the BWV side? We’ve had great luck using TP for the BWI side in the past so those are most certainly looked at.

This November I have rented points for a Studio Villa - Garden or Pool View. Wondering if I should use TP to request a Village Green view, or just stick with “upper floor, close to elevators” on the online check in form. (Knowing of course that requests are never guaranteed.)

Do you know, does the room scheduler consider Touring Plans room requests for the BWV side? We’ve had great luck using TP for the BWI side in the past so those are most certainly looked at.

This November I have rented points for a Studio Villa - Garden or Pool View. Wondering if I should use TP to request a Village Green view, or just stick with “upper floor, close to elevators” on the online check in form. (Knowing of course that requests are never guaranteed.)
It’s been reported that the room scheduler for DVC villas does not entertain faxed requests. The best way would be to go thru the owner you rented from. They can put your room request thru Member Services and specifically request a Village Green view. Then, when you do online check in, do not make any additional requests. Doing so will supersede the request made thru Member Services.

BWV isn’t very tall, but these days I think I would want a lower floor so I could take the stairs and avoid elevators.

We just rented points for our first stay at BWV, studio preferred. We have 2 DS ages 8 and 5. What room requests does everyone like at this resort? We usually stay at Pop or AKL, so new to the area. Thanks

Well Preferred Studios would be Garden / Quite Pool / Feature pool area. What interests you?

Do you want to be close to the lobby, elevators are pool(s)?

Dave

Close to the feature pool would be highest priority for the kids. Is there a building to request for this?

Last edited:
Close to the feature pool would be highest priority for the kids. Is there a building to request for this?

There are no buildings to request since it is one large building. If near the feature pool is a priority, make that your request along with a floor request--lobby level is 2. The first floor is at the level of the pools. So you would want to request feature pool view and first floor for closest proximity to the feature pool. If you prefer a different floor change the floor request.

We just rented points for our first stay at BWV, studio preferred. We have 2 DS ages 8 and 5. What room requests does everyone like at this resort? We usually stay at Pop or AKL, so new to the area. Thanks
There is only one bank of elevators at BWV, so if you are on any floor other than the ground level, you'll either have to take the stairs up and down or head to the center and take an elevator. Preferred will get you mostly the pool views or the Village Green view. Village Green is the grassy area between the villas and the inn where the boat dock is located. Village Green is pretty much all studios. Even if you get a ground level villa near the pool, you'll have to walk down the corridor to the door out to the pool. You cannot exit via your patio to the pool since they are landscaped around the patio area.

It’s been reported that the room scheduler for DVC villas does not entertain faxed requests. The best way would be to go thru the owner you rented from. They can put your room request thru Member Services and specifically request a Village Green view. Then, when you do online check in, do not make any additional requests. Doing so will supersede the request made thru Member Services.
We rented points through an online vendor. What's our best bet for making room requests?

We rented points through an online vendor. What's our best bet for making room requests?
Contact the vendor and see if they will send any of your requests to the Point's Owner (PO). The PO will need to contact Member Services to have your requests noted on the reservation. Good luck.

Dave

Just an update since we've arrived. Would reccomend avoiding refillable mugs if you enjoy coke zero, the only place to get it is the bakery and they are making you stand in the main line for refills! Also wanted to note that there are small freezers in the villa rooms, i feel lile the reports i had read seemed to suggest the rooms were without freezers. Please note the freezers are small and flatish... not the typical square sized mini fridge freezer. Also still single serve toiletries, we got shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion. Not the Trackers so no toothpaste or other fancies here!!! ;-)

Just an update since we've arrived. Would reccomend avoiding refillable mugs if you enjoy coke zero, the only place to get it is the bakery and they are making you stand in the main line for refills! Also wanted to note that there are small freezers in the villa rooms, i feel lile the reports i had read seemed to suggest the rooms were without freezers. Please note the freezers are small and flatish... not the typical square sized mini fridge freezer. Also still single serve toiletries, we got shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion. Not the Trackers so no toothpaste or other fancies here!!! ;-)
Most of the studio refrigerators have been replaced with ones without the freezer section. So if you got one with a freezer section consider yourself lucky.
Can someone refresh my brain and tell me the type of coffee maker in the studios?
Usually a Mr Coffee style coffee maker. Maybe a 4-6 cup or 10-12 cup. If you get the smaller and want the larger, just call Housekeeping. If you drink a lot of coffee or prefer your own coffee, you'll also need coffee filters, flat bottom basket style..

Thank you for the info. Dang no toothbrushes for us peasants. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter