Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

So help me get pumped about CBR :) What are some of the favorites for those of you who have stayed before? Pools? Something special about the resort? Tips and tricks when it comes to transportation to parks? Staying in a Pirate room so favorite location in that room area?
I haven't stayed in the Pirate areas so I'm not much help there but something we liked, and had forgotten since it had been a few years since we stayed there, the distance to the parks is pretty nice. It's rather centrally located so you have fairly short rides once you get on the bus.

So I have to ask....and if I am opening a huge can of worms I am sorry....what is up with the GC?? Was this a promotion or something? Just curious since there seems to be a lot of discussion about them.
Yes, it was a promotion they had when the construction project first started. You had to book by a date in March to qualify

Buses was no more then a 15 or 20 minute wait at best. You know the Pirate Room beds are full size? I'm a queen or king bed lover. But you cool with that go with it. I'd pick Trinidad North as my place to stay if I return there in the future.
Yeah....we went back and forth about that...first time we were trying free dining, planned a little late so we didn't have a ton of options when it came to resorts and rooms. Our youngest [who we are doing this trip for] has down syndrome and we thought he might get a big kick out of the room! He will sleep with me I am sure and my DH will get is own bed o_O. We didn't know there was going to be construction when we booked and only got a notification a week or so back. We will make the best of it...after all we will be at DISNEY!

Okay just came back from a stay June 3rd to the 8th. I'll say wasn't too worried about the construction because Hi my family plans was the parks. Room for sleep. But being June in Orlando means rain so we did have some resort time. We was in Trinidad North building 32 easy walk over to the Tented Food Court(my vent later). Pool was great(still doesn't knock Coronado Springs off my top list) Building 33 had the freestyle COKE machine my new best friend I swear LOL. Now the Food Tent was a major let down I know they was cooking out back during buffet style inside but DISNEY dropped the ball in a major way. Cause when the rain came the menu went to box lunches OMG really Disney. I believe that when staying at the resort your dining plan shouldn't be based on 1 table credit for room services you should be able to use the Quick Service credit as well. I understand the rain but to take it down your food options to box lunches that's not Disney to me. I believe once they are done all updates I would THINK about a return(wife said it's a one & done on her list) but I like to be the fool twice before I write it off....
I thought the buffet was only for breakfast and dinner.

So help me get pumped about CBR :) What are some of the favorites for those of you who have stayed before? Pools? Something special about the resort? Tips and tricks when it comes to transportation to parks? Staying in a Pirate room so favorite location in that room area?

It's been several years since I stayed there, but I loved the serenity of the resort. It really is a beautiful place. Since you will be in Trinidad South, you should be far away from the construction (both the sights and the sounds). The feature pool is a lot of fun for kids, as is the pirate ship kiddie pool area for those under 48". It can sometimes get a little crowded in summer afternoons, but when that happens, check out one of the village pools. They won't have the slides and theming like the feature pool, but they are rarely crowded and are a great place to have some relaxation in the pool. They are also a great place for working with kids on swimming as you oftentimes have the pool to yourself. Since you can use any village pool you want regardless of which village your room is in, if one does get busy, just hop to another. I also enjoyed going for a peaceful walk late at night around the resort (I know, who wants to walk more at Disney). Seriously though, it was very relaxing to just leisurely stroll around the lake and unwind. Also, the hammocks on the beaches are great.

So help me get pumped about CBR :) What are some of the favorites for those of you who have stayed before?Something special about the resort?
I love that you can see AND hear the high fireworks from IllumiNations-Reflections of Earth and Star Wars-A Galactic Spectacular SO WELL-it makes a night staying at the Resort more fun.:)

(You can also see Happily Ever After a little bit in the distance.)

Also, the hammocks on the beaches are great.

To quote the great Ronnie Van Zant:

You got that right
Said you got that right
Well, you got that right
Sure got that right!

34701032841_acd11883a7_h.jpg

Now the Food Tent was a major let down I know they was cooking out back during buffet style inside but DISNEY dropped the ball in a major way. Cause when the rain came the menu went to box lunches OMG really Disney. I believe that when staying at the resort your dining plan shouldn't be based on 1 table credit for room services you should be able to use the Quick Service credit as well. I understand the rain but to take it down your food options to box lunches that's not Disney to me. I believe once they are done all updates I would THINK about a return(wife said it's a one & done on her list) but I like to be the fool twice before I write it off....

I concur. I arrived on Memorial Day and it was a rainy week. The food options were dismal, in my opinion. One rainy night around 9pm, I tried getting food but my Island Market was practically barren. Eating in a tent wasn't appealing, so I tried room service pizza. After waiting 15 minutes just to place an order, I gave up completely.

I was getting the $75/night gift card, so I felt compensated. The thought that they are selling rooms now at full price is astounding to me. I'd have to be getting a room rate under $100 for me to return during this construction.

The only caveat to that would be if they added a shuttle between the resort and food court at Disney's Pop Century Resort or Disney's Art of Animation Resort. Doing that would provide guests the ability to get a wide variety of food without being in a tent. Even twice hourly would work.

I just read on Facebook that starting June 25th, there will be a major traffic pattern change at CBR. I'm not sure if I'm permitted to copy and paste what the informer wrote. If this is not permitted, please delete. This poster seemed very knowledgeable:

"Effective June 25th, there will be a major traffic pattern change at CBR.
The road will be closed off just past the Aruba bus stop. There is a new turnaround installed that all buses and vehicles will be required to turn around in.
I'm hoping that cars won't be allowed in this area as it's going to cause a major traffic kerfuffle.
The internal Caribbean shuttle will be required to turn around, exit the auxiliary gate and turn right onto Victory Way. Then it will turn right onto Buena Vista Drive, and enter through the main gate in order to access the Custom House.
All Disney bus drivers are required to go through a training on the new turnaround prior to it being put into effect on 6/25/17"

I love that you can see AND hear the high fireworks from IllumiNations-Reflections of Earth and Star Wars-A Galactic Spectacular SO WELL-it makes a night staying at the Resort more fun.:)

(You can also see Happily Ever After a little bit in the distance.)

Looking forward to checking this out!! Can't wait!

The same poster on Facebook said that there will be a change in the order of bus stops. Here's what he wrote. Again, please delete if it's not permitted.

The new order of stops will be:
1. Martinique
2. Old Port Royale
3. Trinidad North
4. Trinidad South
5. Jamaica
6. Aruba
During busy times in the morning, the "A" side (MOTT), and "B" side (JA) will still be split into 2 separate runs (at least for Epcot). I don't know how the other parks do it. Also, there will not be any articulated buses used in the turnaround area.

I concur. I arrived on Memorial Day and it was a rainy week. The food options were dismal, in my opinion. One rainy night around 9pm, I tried getting food but my Island Market was practically barren. Eating in a tent wasn't appealing, so I tried room service pizza. After waiting 15 minutes just to place an order, I gave up completely.

I was getting the $75/night gift card, so I felt compensated. The thought that they are selling rooms now at full price is astounding to me. I'd have to be getting a room rate under $100 for me to return during this construction.

The only caveat to that would be if they added a shuttle between the resort and food court at Disney's Pop Century Resort or Disney's Art of Animation Resort. Doing that would provide guests the ability to get a wide variety of food without being in a tent. Even twice hourly would work.
Why do that? Why not just go somewhere else to eat, like grab a bus to DS or to MK and hop on a monorail to one of the resorts? You'll get food WAY better than those food courts (Pop's was so horrific we through out meals)

I just read on Facebook that starting June 25th, there will be a major traffic pattern change at CBR.

This seem correct based on signage. I was in Aruba two weeks ago and the directional signs sent me all the way to Trinidad North instead of simply making a right hand turn and going past what used to be Barbados. Sounds as if signage was put up prior to this road change.

Why do that? Why not just go somewhere else to eat, like grab a bus to DS or to MK and hop on a monorail to one of the resorts? You'll get food WAY better than those food courts (Pop's was so horrific we through out meals)

It was a night where it was pouring down rain. I really didn't care if the food was great...I just wanted hot food somewhere inside that wasn't a tent. It wouldn't have been as big of a deal if Room Service had been properly staffed.

Admittedly getting a little nervous about some of these revelations. We are multigenerational group staying in two rooms at the AP rate. We're celebrating younger DS's 21st birthday. Older DS and DIL have an 8 year old and an 11 month old. I'm really thinking they need to rent a car because of potential bus issues and concerns over dining options.
We can hop in an Uber/Lyft, but the car seat is a killer for them.

I thought the buffet was only for breakfast and dinner.

They also have a Food Truck parked right out by the tent which was USELESS when it rained my friend. He was cooking nothing which shocked me cause there wasn't any lighting just rain. So burgers could've been cooked there but it wasn't. I just feel Disney really dropped the ball on food options during this construction period...

Admittedly getting a little nervous about some of these revelations. We are multigenerational group staying in two rooms at the AP rate. We're celebrating younger DS's 21st birthday. Older DS and DIL have an 8 year old and an 11 month old. I'm really thinking they need to rent a car because of potential bus issues and concerns over dining options.

We didn't have any bus issues at all 15 minutes top for wait. Now as far as dining to each is own. I didn't plan on eating at the resort much anyway had mapped out other dining options before trip started. And Disney Springs had all the other dining options we needed if plans at other spots to happen.

OK this is scary... who wants to wait hours for a bus. Question (for my future reference/not judging you/just need to know) : I have seen pictures on pg. 2 here of a phone at the bus stops... in case of emergency.. but there is a number for bus information. Can we use that to ask when the next bus to our park of the day since you have been waiting overtime, or if there seems to be no buses like this poster experienced???
We never thought to call or inquiry only because the bus screen kept telling us the bus we needed would be there soon and then the time would change to later, etc, over and over. Again, it was our luck. Buses were definitely coming.

I'm one to usually say no, don't rent a car. But we do use Lyft when we need it. Knowing it's in our back pocket is a huge relief. For when we are running late (DH is horrible at getting going each day and he's the one that makes us late every single day) or when we plan to head to another resort. If I had an infant I'm afraid I would rent a car. Not just at CBR but at any resort. I would not plan to use it regularly, only when necessary but I have to have something in my back pocket. Uber does offer a car seat option but it's not for an infant, best I know. I think they are for forward facing only (though you may want to confirm this)

I just read on Facebook that starting June 25th, there will be a major traffic pattern change at CBR. I'm not sure if I'm permitted to copy and paste what the informer wrote. If this is not permitted, please delete. This poster seemed very knowledgeable:

"Effective June 25th, there will be a major traffic pattern change at CBR.
The road will be closed off just past the Aruba bus stop. There is a new turnaround installed that all buses and vehicles will be required to turn around in.
I'm hoping that cars won't be allowed in this area as it's going to cause a major traffic kerfuffle.
The internal Caribbean shuttle will be required to turn around, exit the auxiliary gate and turn right onto Victory Way. Then it will turn right onto Buena Vista Drive, and enter through the main gate in order to access the Custom House.
All Disney bus drivers are required to go through a training on the new turnaround prior to it being put into effect on 6/25/17"

Does this mean that the guests in Aruba and Jamaica will have to drive past all of the other islands (via Cayman Way) to get back to their buildings? Or will the little auxiliary exit/entrance be available? There is also an auxiliary road exiting south... is that not available to use? I imagine regularly (without construction) that it's not available, but with everything going on, maybe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter