Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I think they just started doing the $5 fee for all resorts last November - so it might not have applied last summer. Prime pantry would be boxes of groceries shipped - right? I would guess the fee would be charged with these deliveries of boxes. Just not the grocery orders where a delivery person is delivering groceries to you at the resort- like with Garden Grocer etc.

If I missed this, please forgive me, the thread is huge! Regarding the $75 gift cards. For anyone who has already obtained them, how are they being given out? We have a 13 night stay at CBR in August and am wondering it it will be 13 cards, or one big one, or configured as we choose? (Any possibility at all of being able to tie them to a magic band yet)?

Thanks!

If I missed this, please forgive me, the thread is huge! Regarding the $75 gift cards. For anyone who has already obtained them, how are they being given out? We have a 13 night stay at CBR in August and am wondering it it will be 13 cards, or one big one, or configured as we choose? (Any possibility at all of being able to tie them to a magic band yet)?

Thanks!
1 gift card, loaded with the full amount, given to us at check in.
Now, there may be a limit on how much can go on 1 gift card. I know if you use the Gift Card website you can only load $1000 on a single card but that may be a limit of the site, not the card, not sure. You'd just be right under that
And no, MB can't store info. So they aren't tied to a MB.
You can use them to pay off your room charges though. So just charge like normal then stop by the concierge room in Trinidad North and pay off the room charges after a few days

Thanks!
People have reported getting the entire amount on one gift card.

So, I have another question....only because I keep reading the posts about food and am freaking myself out. So we booked in April and missed out on the GC and have to agree with others that we are all there during the construction so not exactly sure why booking during March was any different than booking in April....with that being said. We got the letter notifying us of the construction during our stay. We are going on a free dining package...There are no free dining rooms anyplace else if we opted to move....
Since we are looking to move because of the construction and lack of food options during our stay would the free dining follow us?
I am really trying to stay positive knowing that so much can change prior to our arrival in Sept and just the fact that we will be at Disney is better than not....
I know there are things we can do to plan ahead [make sure we grab snacks elsewhere to bring back to resort with us for late nights, etc...] and I plan on trying to do that as well.
I have discussed some of the concerns with our TA and she is keeping an eye out for us as well.

So, I have another question....only because I keep reading the posts about food and am freaking myself out. So we booked in April and missed out on the GC and have to agree with others that we are all there during the construction so not exactly sure why booking during March was any different than booking in April....with that being said. We got the letter notifying us of the construction during our stay. We are going on a free dining package...There are no free dining rooms anyplace else if we opted to move....
Since we are looking to move because of the construction and lack of food options during our stay would the free dining follow us?
I am really trying to stay positive knowing that so much can change prior to our arrival in Sept and just the fact that we will be at Disney is better than not....
I know there are things we can do to plan ahead [make sure we grab snacks elsewhere to bring back to resort with us for late nights, etc...] and I plan on trying to do that as well.
I have discussed some of the concerns with our TA and she is keeping an eye out for us as well.
If there is availability for the FD promo elsewhere yes. But your having it doesn't automatically open it up wherever you want to move, if that makes sense.
You can only move and keep the promo if the promo is still available where you want to move to.
If that makes sense.

If there is availability for the FD promo elsewhere yes. But your having it doesn't automatically open it up wherever you want to move, if that makes sense.
You can only move and keep the promo if the promo is still available where you want to move to.
If that makes sense.
That is what I kind of figured but wasn't sure based on the constructions and food mess if it would be different per chance. We haven't done the dining plan in years but thought it would a nice treat to take DS to some extra character dining....he absolutely LOVES the characters.

That is what I kind of figured but wasn't sure based on the constructions and food mess if it would be different per chance. We haven't done the dining plan in years but thought it would a nice treat to take DS to some extra character dining....he absolutely LOVES the characters.
Did you upgrade your free dining? Just wanted to be sure since you mentioned character dining, and this year's moderate free dining is only quick service

Does anyone know if they sell the 24 pack of Dasani water at the resort? If so, where do you get it? Thanks!

please forgive me if this was asked before. We are looking into booking CBR for next year. With all the construction with the dining area we are wondering if and how they still do the refillable mugs? That is something my bf likes to take full advantage of usually before we head to the parks then some thing to drink in the room before bed. Thanks in advance!

please forgive me if this was asked before. We are looking into booking CBR for next year. With all the construction with the dining area we are wondering if and how they still do the refillable mugs? That is something my bf likes to take full advantage of usually before we head to the parks then some thing to drink in the room before bed. Thanks in advance!
I believe you can use them with the free-style coke machines in each village... This is something I plan to do!

Most people who booked before the March 20 cut off date booked well before any construction at the resort was announced. They booked on good faith, expecting normal resort amenities. Some of us booked well over a year before our trip with discounts offered by Disney. And had no option to move resorts after the construction was announced. I myself booked in September 2016 for a trip in December 2017, many months before construction announcements.

By April, the extent of the construction disruption had been well publiced for several weeks. Including on Disney's booking site. Anyone booking then should have known what they were going to get. If someone didn't want to stay at a resort with extensive construction, they didn't have to book that resort.

That's the difference in booking before or after March.

Last edited:
And at the Beverage Station in Centertown Buffet.:)

Cool that they have the soda machines in multiple locations, but anyone know if there are any "free style AM coffee machines" spread around the resort? LOL. Need my coffee way more than soda!:)

Cool that they have the soda machines in multiple locations, but anyone know if there are any "free style AM coffee machines" spread around the resort? LOL. Need my coffee way more than soda!:)

There's coffee in your room, at the Centertown Buffet and at the Island Markets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!