Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Are the refrigerators in the rooms the standard college dorm size? ( I know there is no freezer compartment in the ones at CBR)

It was rumored that Doppelmayer may be the manufacturer of the gondola system. If you go on you tube and type in "doppelmayr gondola" you can see the gondolas.

They would most likely have a Detachable Gondola lift for wheelchairs and strollers or for guests who need extra time to board the gondola.

Here is the link to the youtube video to a current gondola in action.

THANKS! I'm almost certain it won't be anywhere near as high as that (I hope! yikes) I may or may not try it. and I don't think there is any way disney wouldn't have other transportation to those 2 parks. of course they will

THANKS! I'm almost certain it won't be anywhere near as high as that (I hope! yikes) I may or may not try it. and I don't think there is any way disney wouldn't have other transportation to those 2 parks. of course they will

There is an article all about what they think it will be.

Makes sense and the pictures of them look like renderings, especially the seats.

https://liftblog.com/2017/07/16/disney-unveils-bold-skyliner-gondola-plan/

https://liftblog.com/2016/02/25/innovative-gondola-coming-to-oakland-zoos-california-trail/

https://aseagle.com.au/the-lift/ Go to minute 2:42.

19933292_349064548844672_551330001006362624_n.jpg

Unless there is a major reversal made high up in the corporate ladder, it will definitely not be the only mode of transportation. Believe it or not it is because they realize many people are afraid of heights and claustrophobic.

I really hope you are right. As someone who is mildly claustrophobic but majorly afraid of heights I definitely could never bring myself to use this form of transportation.

I'd take the gondola but would be cringing the entire time. I'll admit it! That said, maybe after a few trips, back and forth, I would learn to feel comfortable.

I think how slow they move would be too much for me. I thought I could manage the sky ride at a local theme park. Mind you they are also open, but I had a major panic attack less than half way through the ride. If it had moved faster I might have managed but that slow crawl just made it so much worse.

When I sent links to DS along with Disney rendering, and mentioned they appear to be open air with bars and no A/C ... the response I got was "Gonna love it when people throw stuff onto people at CBR" ........ .. and Buena Vista Drive and Victory Drive, and parking lots, and Boardwalk, and Hourglass lake ...

I had not thought about that, but having seen it happen at theme parks who still have the buckets, and see how some act at WDW, it would not surprise me. Think I will avoid the paths and judge my driving by what's crossing the road, and now concerned about parking locations at DHS, don't want to leave my car under the path.

I think how slow they move would be too much for me. I thought I could manage the sky ride at a local theme park. Mind you they are also open, but I had a major panic attack less than half way through the ride. If it had moved faster I might have managed but that slow crawl just made it so much worse.
We rode the gondola up to Ober Gatlinburg (some of you know probably know that place), about a month ago. It was a nice ride but better when not too crowded. Also, they warned us when we were approaching one of the towers attaching the cables-- we would do a little dip and swing, and a little bumpy jump lol. Can see where some might get anxious. Seems like I remember the piped in narrator saying the gondola was one of the safest forms of travel. Not sure some would agree with that, including my mom, who hated those things:scratchin

Last edited:
We rode the gondola up to Ober Gatlinburg (some of you know probably know that place), about a month ago. It was a nice ride but better when not too crowded. Also, they warned us when we were approaching one of the towers attaching the cables-- we would do a little dip and swing, and a little bumpy jump lol. Can see where some might get anxious. Seems like I remember the piped in narrator saying the gondola was one of the safest forms of travel. Not sure some would agree with that, including my mom, who hated those things:scratchin
Funny you mention that. We didn't ride it this weekend but we did ride the brand new chair lifts and thought of it while reading the discussion about folks scared of riding the new gondolas and thought, no way would they ride the chair lifts! I gotta admit, they make me slightly nervous. I wanted to take a photo of the city (we rode at night) but I was scared to death of a bump and dropping my phone. I got one quick photo and put my phone right back away

Funny you mention that. We didn't ride it this weekend but we did ride the brand new chair lifts and thought of it while reading the discussion about folks scared of riding the new gondolas and thought, no way would they ride the chair lifts! I gotta admit, they make me slightly nervous. I wanted to take a photo of the city (we rode at night) but I was scared to death of a bump and dropping my phone. I got one quick photo and put my phone right back away
And we planned on riding up the new chairlift, but never did. Poor time management on our part, maybe next time :upsidedow

So many Disers have more Disney Experience than many of the phone CM

What I have found out talking to many CMs is that Disney doesn't tell them anything till the last minute! I know even my concierge when I stayed at Club Level at AKL knew less than I did, and thanked me for giving her the heads up on things and she would check into them and inform the staff... She told me that even at their level they seem to be the last to know... which is crazy to me!

I heard in FB that the 'island markets' have free coffee. Is that true?

We were at CBR last week and there was no charge for coffee at the Island Markets - we did not have a refillable mug. I don't know if this changed recently but my husband was told it was a courtesy because of the inconvenience to guests. It wasn't very good coffee but it was coffee.

Overall, we had a nice stay. There were some minor inconveniences but none of them ruined our vacation. There isn't much variety at the resort for dining so we tried to make sure we were full or got snacks before we left the parks for the day. One evening, my husband decided to venture out to Disney Springs to get us sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich for dinner and it took him over two hours - plus there was a tornado warning after he left.

Some days the buses were great but a few times we waited more than 30-45 minutes for a bus. I noticed that this most often happened when we were returning from Disney Springs to the resort.

It was our first time staying at CBR but I can definitely see why people love it.

We were at CBR last week and there was no charge for coffee at the Island Markets - we did not have a refillable mug. I don't know if this changed recently but my husband was told it was a courtesy because of the inconvenience to guests. It wasn't very good coffee but it was coffee.

Overall, we had a nice stay. There were some minor inconveniences but none of them ruined our vacation. There isn't much variety at the resort for dining so we tried to make sure we were full or got snacks before we left the parks for the day. One evening, my husband decided to venture out to Disney Springs to get us sandwiches from Earl of Sandwich for dinner and it took him over two hours - plus there was a tornado warning after he left.

Some days the buses were great but a few times we waited more than 30-45 minutes for a bus. I noticed that this most often happened when we were returning from Disney Springs to the resort.

It was our first time staying at CBR but I can definitely see why people love it.
DS buses tend to always be the slowest. Not sure why

We were at CBR last week and there was no charge for coffee at the Island Markets - we did not have a refillable mug. I don't know if this changed recently but my husband was told it was a courtesy because of the inconvenience to guests.
Definitely a change in policy since the Island Markets first opened-kudos to Management.

A ton of Guests have Mugs anyway,but still a good PR move.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter