Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We booked a 5 night stay in Feb for Jan 2018 and received the email for $75 gift card for each night of our stay. Last week we decided to increase our stay to 7 nights and added one night onto each end of our existing reservation. The CM on the phone wasn't sure if we would get a GC for 5 nights or 7. Any guesses or similar experiences?

Yes, we had something similar. We booked late last year, originally splitting our trip between Fort Wilderness (4 nights) and Caribbean Beach (5 nights). After the gift card announcement we started playing with the lengths at each resort and ended up staying the full nine nights at CBR and we received a $675 gift card at check in.

Let me also add (to go along with the other thread that is going on), we were on a package too and we didn't have any issues with making any/all the changes we did. The difference, I believe, is that we were never offered $75 off the room rate... we had the gift card offer and I always made sure that the changes were not going to affect that. Another difference is that we did not have any changes to our tickets since we had leftovers from when Hurricane Matthew ran us out of town. We bought the minimum two days with our package and never changed those.

I got a 40% "friend and family" discount on our CBR room booked by a CM friend for our upcoming 2nd honeymoon Sep 29-Oct 5. I assume those $75 gift cards wouldn't be offered in that case!

Ugghhh! This trip is turning out to be so aggrivating! We booked 2 rooms for December with a free dining bounceback last September. I only booked the 2 day parkhoppers that were required because I wasn't sure how many days my DS & DDIL wanted at Disney. Then when the construction announcement happened, I tried to change resorts & was denied. But guest services did give us the $75 off per night since we had no choice but to stay at CBR.

I just called to increase our tickets to 7 day hoppers. The CM had o contact guest services. Guest services won't let us increase the tickets. They are saying any change, including just giving them more money for more ticket days will negate the room discount. The CRO CM was nice, she suggested that we can increase our tickets after we get there. Which of course, I already know & expect that's what we'll do. But now we will only be able to make advance fastpasses for 2 days. Actually, I guess 3 because we will get Christmas party tickets too. So we should be able to make fastpasses one day with those too.

So aggrivating! I wanted to change resorts & was refused. Now I can't even give them more money & increase my tickets!!! :headache: I get the feeling they think I'm trying to scam them or something. This was not my fault! The CBR construction is still screwing up my vacation!

I booked last September while at Disney with the bounce back offer. Two months ago I called to increase my tickets by 1 day. I was told because I booked while the free dining was the old dining plan, not the new updated I needed to speak to a special department. The cm was very nice and added the extra day. I would call back and tell them you booked under the old bounce back offer.

I got a 40% "friend and family" discount on our CBR room booked by a CM friend for our upcoming 2nd honeymoon Sep 29-Oct 5. I assume those $75 gift cards wouldn't be offered in that case!

I have a CM discount on my room, and I got the $75 gift cards. I don't think it mattered as long as you booked before the cutoff date.

I have a CM discount on my room, and I got the $75 gift cards. I don't think it mattered as long as you booked before the cutoff date.

Ah! I'm new around here. What was the cutoff date? *Crossing Fingers for after April 25*

Last edited:
Here now for a resort only stay, but we did not get the complimentary cooler bag in our room. Is that because we are resort only? Or booked after March?

Ugghhh! This trip is turning out to be so aggrivating! We booked 2 rooms for December with a free dining bounceback last September. I only booked the 2 day parkhoppers that were required because I wasn't sure how many days my DS & DDIL wanted at Disney. Then when the construction announcement happened, I tried to change resorts & was denied. But guest services did give us the $75 off per night since we had no choice but to stay at CBR.

I just called to increase our tickets to 7 day hoppers. The CM had o contact guest services. Guest services won't let us increase the tickets. They are saying any change, including just giving them more money for more ticket days will negate the room discount. The CRO CM was nice, she suggested that we can increase our tickets after we get there. Which of course, I already know & expect that's what we'll do. But now we will only be able to make advance fastpasses for 2 days. Actually, I guess 3 because we will get Christmas party tickets too. So we should be able to make fastpasses one day with those too.

So aggrivating! I wanted to change resorts & was refused. Now I can't even give them more money & increase my tickets!!! :headache: I get the feeling they think I'm trying to scam them or something. This was not my fault! The CBR construction is still screwing up my vacation!
Have you thought about just buying a 5-day hopper from one of the discount ticket sites? It might be cheaper that way and then you can link those to your MDE and be able to make FP reservations.

Yes, we had something similar. We booked late last year, originally splitting our trip between Fort Wilderness (4 nights) and Caribbean Beach (5 nights). After the gift card announcement we started playing with the lengths at each resort and ended up staying the full nine nights at CBR and we received a $675 gift card at check in.

Let me also add (to go along with the other thread that is going on), we were on a package too and we didn't have any issues with making any/all the changes we did. The difference, I believe, is that we were never offered $75 off the room rate... we had the gift card offer and I always made sure that the changes were not going to affect that. Another difference is that we did not have any changes to our tickets since we had leftovers from when Hurricane Matthew ran us out of town. We bought the minimum two days with our package and never changed those.
I mentioned this several pages ago, but we had originally planned a split stay between CBR and BW. I made the original reservation at the end of February, then in early April, we decided to just stay at CBR for the entire trip. The CM told me that we would get the GC for all seven nights, as the original reservation was made before the deadline of March 20. We just extended our CBR stay beyond what we had originally plannedpixiedust:

Have you thought about just buying a 5-day hopper from one of the discount ticket sites? It might be cheaper that way and then you can link those to your MDE and be able to make FP reservations.

I did actually. Priced them out at a few discounters. But a 5 day thru them would be about $200 more than just upgrading the 2 day tickets we already have. And that would pretty much wipe out the room discount.

But I actually think I came up with a solution! DH & I have APs which will expire in September. I was gonna let them lapse & just upgrade our tickets to APs again in December. We will probably travel back in May & September next year. But I realized if I just renew in September, I will still get the 13 months promo so they'll be good til next October, covering both our planned trips. I can get the renewal discount plus I will be able to make fastpasses for all the days of our December trip for DH & myself. I'll make those fastpasses for things DS & DDIL want. Then when we upgrade their tickets when we get there, we'll only have to try look for 1 or 2 matching fastpasses. Firgured that would be easier than trying to get 4 fastpasses together.

If we can't get those extra ones, we'll let DS & DDIL use ours. Yes, I know Disney is cracking down if the ticket wasn't used to enter a park & we will have to be in the park when our fastpasses are used. We will be together in the parks every day. There are some rides DH & I wouldn't do anyway; we've gotten too old to take on the roller coasters at this point. I usually give my DH my magic band to use my fastpass for Tower of a Terror, for example, without a problem. So I'm sure this will be fine too.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! Appreciate the help!

Here now for a resort only stay, but we did not get the complimentary cooler bag in our room. Is that because we are resort only? Or booked after March?
Someone please help me out here, but I think if you can go to the front desk or concierge, or call housekeeping, they will bring you one? Not certain on the correct venue to go through.

Does anyone who has been there recently (or are currently there) have pics of the construction around Martinique? We are thinking of requesting being there instead of our usual Jamaica because of the new bus route. But I'm hesitant because I've read the construction is heavy over there. Thoughts or suggestions?

Does anyone who has been there recently (or are currently there) have pics of the construction around Martinique? We are thinking of requesting being there instead of our usual Jamaica because of the new bus route. But I'm hesitant because I've read the construction is heavy over there. Thoughts or suggestions?
With Martinique,you are "boxed in" by construction-Disney Riviera Resort on one side and OPR on the other side.

Personally I would stick with Jamaica.:)

Hey Guys ...

I have a quick question and would like your opinion. I have a trip booked in Dec 2017 ...
Currently I am book at ASMovies, but am thinking about switching to CRB ... but is it wort it with the construction going on.
I have stayed at all resort types .. Deluxe, Mods and Values. However I have never stayed specifically at CRB.

So I just wondered your opinion from those who call CRB "home" what you think...

Thanks. =)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter