Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

AngiTN, I agree! When my boys were little, we always had a car. They were hoping not to need one because the rates are pretty high and they would rather not have to drag the carseat along. I did some research and the Family Uber has one forward facing carseat. My DGD will be two weeks shy of her first birthday. Back when my kids were that age, you were able to turn the carseat forward once they hit 12 mos or 20lbs. Alas, not with today's standards! We are planning to use other dining options and will place a GG order for the rooms. May need to include a few more options for the kids than we were originally thinking.

WEDWDW - I'm inclined to agree that OPR won't be completely demolished. I hope we're both correct. :) :)

I honestly can't believe that they would destroy the totally island-themed area, just to rebuild a new island-themed area. I'm thinking that the Shutters "kitchen" will go back to being an additional CS location (as it was prior to the last refurb and addition of a TS location) and Shutters seating area will be returned as part of the general seating. I'll miss visiting OPR during our next trip in just about 2 weeks, but I've spent so much time there over the years (since 1989), I have many fond memories.
I agree! The theming is perfect! One of the things I love to do is walk around in the gift shop/OPR. It always smells really good, lol. We are there in July and will miss, like you, visiting OPR! I hope, I hope, I hope they are only gutting it instead of tearing it down.

Y'all had me worried that I had posted incorrect information in the first few posts relative to Old Port Royale. I didn't think that I had posted it would be completely torn down. I'm with the group that tend to think it will be redone on the inside. The outside theming fits right into the look of the village buildings. But, Disney has not said if it will be demolished, if the interior will be gutted/redone or just what is going to happen.
That's why I asked the question. I didn't see any info on this on page 1. I really hope they don't demolish it! I Love OPR so much and would miss it. We will see... Thanks for all your updated info! You do such a great job!

I love that you can see AND hear the high fireworks from IllumiNations-Reflections of Earth and Star Wars-A Galactic Spectacular SO WELL-it makes a night staying at the Resort more fun.:)

(You can also see Happily Ever After a little bit in the distance.)
That will be AWESOME!!!

That's why I asked the question. I didn't see any info on this on page 1. I really hope they don't demolish it! I Love OPR so much and would miss it. We will see... Thanks for all your updated info! You do such a great job!
We ended a two week stay at Aruba a week ago. Spent a lot of time on the beach directly across the lake from OPR with a clear view. While we were there, they brought a back hoe into the area directly behind the building. It appeared that they were tearing out a patio area adjoining the building but were careful not to hit the building with the back hoe. Also, if you notice, they remove all the glass, doors, etc. from a building before they demolish it. Although they did this to the surrounding buildings before tearing them down, OPR had not been touched while we were there. As a matter of fact, all the lights were on inside the building on a couple nights we were there, so the utilities were still connected. I think they are just doing an extensive rehab inside the building.

We ended a two week stay at Aruba a week ago. Spent a lot of time on the beach directly across the lake from OPR with a clear view. While we were there, they brought a back hoe into the area directly behind the building. It appeared that they were tearing out a patio area adjoining the building but were careful not to hit the building with the back hoe. Also, if you notice, they remove all the glass, doors, etc. from a building before they demolish it. Although they did this to the surrounding buildings before tearing them down, OPR had not been touched while we were there. As a matter of fact, all the lights were on inside the building on a couple nights we were there, so the utilities were still connected. I think they are just doing an extensive rehab inside the building.

Yikes... I said "completely torn down" when I should have said "completely emptied and not in use" when I referred poster to page one. I'm sorry!

One rainy night around 9pm, I tried getting food but my Island Market was practically barren.
Even when the Island Markets are fully "stocked" the selections are so limited and that is so surprising considering the long length of this refurb..

I looked at the Island Markets through the lenses of my "$75.00 Gift Card colored glasses" so it didn't bother me,but they could sell a TON more in the Markets if they had more selections.

Last edited:

I know CMs don't always know what is going on, but we had more than one tell us that the DVC towers they are putting in will be 15 stories. Got the impression there was going to be more than one tower also, which makes sense, I guess, considering the amount of demolition they are doing. Just wonder how all that is going to affect the atmosphere of the resort, if true.

I know CMs don't always know what is going on, but we had more than one tell us that the DVC towers they are putting in will be 15 stories. Got the impression there was going to be more than one tower also, which makes sense, I guess, considering the amount of demolition they are doing. Just wonder how all that is going to affect the atmosphere of the resort, if true.
Interesting! We had a CM tell us there will be NOTHING related to DVC built on the CBR grounds. She didn't seem to know about a multi story building(s) at all so I wonder if they're purposely misinformed or partially informed just to keep everyone (us and them) off base.

Interesting! We had a CM tell us there will be NOTHING related to DVC built on the CBR grounds. She didn't seem to know about a multi story building(s) at all so I wonder if they're purposely misinformed or partially informed just to keep everyone (us and them) off base.
I probably messed up by not verifying the information with a bus driver.

I know CMs don't always know what is going on, but we had more than one tell us that the DVC towers they are putting in will be 15 stories.

Per an article I read from the Orlando Sentinel (http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/os-bz-disney-world-coronado-springs-20170216-story.html), Coronado Springs is getting the 15-story building. Caribbean Beach's tower is going to be shorter. This link gives the most detail I've seen about what is going to be built at CBR: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/caribbean-beach-expansion.923827/page-6#post-7547415

I am here now and couldnt be happier thus far. Have the 3 girls (8,7,5) wife and MIL and we havent had to wait more than 15 mins for a bus. Food is decent and we have been pretty much filling up 2 togo containers and bringing it back to the room and it feeds us all.

I do have a question/concern though. Sunday we have a breakfast at Ohana for 8:30 am and are not sure how to get there. With the 6 of us including 3 little ones, anyone have any recommendations?

I am here now and couldnt be happier thus far. Have the 3 girls (8,7,5) wife and MIL and we havent had to wait more than 15 mins for a bus. Food is decent and we have been pretty much filling up 2 togo containers and bringing it back to the room and it feeds us all.

I do have a question/concern though. Sunday we have a breakfast at Ohana for 8:30 am and are not sure how to get there. With the 6 of us including 3 little ones, anyone have any recommendations?

Uber (or a cab) would probably be the easiest and quickest if you didn't want to budget an extra 30-60 minutes to bus around the world.

Early bus to MK, then monorail to Polynesia.

Early bus to MK, then monorail to Polynesia.

Will the buses be running that early. MK opens at 9:00 so dont buses start at 8:00? Is that cutting it a bit close since we would still need to do monorail?

If I do uber do they pick up just at main area or in the resort as well (trinidad north to be exact)

Will the buses be running that early. MK opens at 9:00 so dont buses start at 8:00? Is that cutting it a bit close since we would still need to do monorail?

If I do uber do they pick up just at main area or in the resort as well (trinidad north to be exact)
Uber and Lyft pick up in each village. You tell it where to pick you up

But the busses will run as early as 6:30

But the busses will run as early as 6:30

Like @AngiTN said, buses will be running early. They'll be running to get people to MK, and other parks, for Pre Park Opening breakfasts, Be Our Guest, Crystal Palace and the like... You should be fine. Only hiccup might be that the monorail isn't running that early on your particular day. In which case a boat ride might be in order.

Someone told me there was no charge for grocery delivery, just regular packages. Does anyone know if there is a charge for Prime Pantry orders and if so, how much?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter