Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone that stayed recently, know what the current bounce back offer is? I'm hoping I can book a free dining offer for 2018 during my stay 7/2-7/5.

Does anyone that stayed recently, know what the current bounce back offer is? I'm hoping I can book a free dining offer for 2018 during my stay 7/2-7/5.

It's a room only discount at the moment. I believe I recall reading that the free dining bounceback is usually offered to guests around August to October. Which makes sense because the only time I've seen it when I was there was in October.

Most people who booked before the March 20 cut off date booked well before any construction at the resort was announced. They booked on good faith, expecting normal resort amenities. Some of us booked well over a year before our trip with discounts offered by Disney. And had no option to move resorts after the construction was announced. I myself booked in September 2016 for a trip in December 2017, many months before construction announcements.

By April, the extent of the construction disruption had been well publiced for several weeks. Including on Disney's booking site. Anyone booking then should have known what they were going to get. If someone didn't want to stay at a resort with extensive construction, they didn't have to book that resort.

That's the difference in booking before or after March.
Unfortunately when we booked we were told they were just 'remodeling' the restaurant and the gift shop. There was no mention of ALL the food options being remodeled at once, entire buildings being demolished, the walking path being blocked, the buses being re-routed etc....to me there is a HUGE difference between a remodel and a tear down. I think the part I worry about the most is the reports of poor planning for when it rains and they can't cook food and how the markets have run out of most items in the evening hours and they are not restocking them that close to them closing. We booked during free dining and just as you have no option to move before your Dec trip....we don't have the option to move resorts either and keep our package.
We will make the best of it as either way we will be at Disney and that is better than being at work!

Unfortunately when we booked we were told they were just 'remodeling' the restaurant and the gift shop. There was no mention of ALL the food options being remodeled at once, entire buildings being demolished, the walking path being blocked, the buses being re-routed etc....to me there is a HUGE difference between a remodel and a tear down. I think the part I worry about the most is the reports of poor planning for when it rains and they can't cook food and how the markets have run out of most items in the evening hours and they are not restocking them that close to them closing. We booked during free dining and just as you have no option to move before your Dec trip....we don't have the option to move resorts either and keep our package.
We will make the best of it as either way we will be at Disney and that is better than being at work!

I booked in February and I was aware that all of the food options & gift shop would be closed, buildings would be torn down, etc. Just saying...

I booked in February and I was aware that all of the food options & gift shop would be closed, buildings would be torn down, etc. Just saying...
OK so let me play a little devils advocate here....IF people knew in FEB. about all the construction then what make them any different then someone who knew of the construction the end of March or after? both would have had the same knowledge of construction and both would have been opted to move to a different resort......
you apparently were fortunate enough to either have a TA/contact that was more knowledgeable about the extent of the construction than we did. Even the notice on the CBR site doesn't discuss the demolishing of buildings.
It is what it is....and like I said before...we will make the best of our stay.

OK so let me play a little devils advocate here....IF people knew in FEB. about all the construction then what make them any different then someone who knew of the construction the end of March or after? both would have had the same knowledge of construction and both would have been opted to move to a different resort......
you apparently were fortunate enough to either have a TA/contact that was more knowledgeable about the extent of the construction than we did. Even the notice on the CBR site doesn't discuss the demolishing of buildings.
I booked in February for a December trip. There was a lot of confusion at first. My TA said I wouldn't even qualify for the gift cards because the construction was supposed to be over by then. She later discovered that wasn't the case. Some people got extra compensation, some were moved to other resorts at no charge, some had to pay to change resorts. I don't think two people had the same experience. You lucked out and got free dining. I would've loved for my party of 9 to have received that too. Some people got both gift cards and free dining. It's been interesting seeing how this has played out for everyone.

I booked in February for a December trip. There was a lot of confusion at first. My TA said I wouldn't even qualify for the gift cards because the construction was supposed to be over by then. She later discovered that wasn't the case. Some people got extra compensation, some were moved to other resorts at no charge, some had to pay to change resorts. I don't think two people had the same experience. You lucked out and got free dining. I would've loved for my party of 9 to have received that too. Some people got both gift cards and free dining. It's been interesting seeing how this has played out for everyone.
We actually booked under the free dining deal they had so it wasn't any type of compensation for being at the resort during construction.....and it has been interesting to see the difference in options people were given. I have made sure I let my TA know about all the construction as she seemed rather surprised at the extent as well. Not sure if that is her bad or Disney's related to communication of what actually is going on. We will have an amazing trip either way....it will be our first experience with the Halloween season so I am really excited...it is DH's favorite holiday....

By April, the extent of the construction disruption had been well publiced for several weeks. Including on Disney's booking site. Anyone booking then should have known what they were going to get. If someone didn't want to stay at a resort with extensive construction, they didn't have to book that resort.

Keep in mind, lots of people will only look at the Disney website when booking their Disney World vacation. As someone who worked in hotels and at Disney World in the Reservations Department, I do not feel as though the extent of this renovation is adequately disclosed on the website. When I was there a few weeks back, major sections of the resort resembled a disaster zone.

We actually booked under the free dining deal they had so it wasn't any type of compensation for being at the resort during construction.....and it has been interesting to see the difference in options people were given. I have made sure I let my TA know about all the construction as she seemed rather surprised at the extent as well. Not sure if that is her bad or Disney's related to communication of what actually is going on. We will have an amazing trip either way....it will be our first experience with the Halloween season so I am really excited...it is DH's favorite holiday....

Sounds as if you have a good attitude regarding your trip. Hopefully, your TA will periodically check to see if you are able to switch resorts.

That said, Halloween season is many months away. When compared to construction of attractions, building at a resort is likely to progress much quicker. (You need fewer specialty contractors to build a hotel. They tend to straight-forward rectangular buildings that aren't difficult to build.) By the time your trip comes around, the resort will look completely different. It won't be finished, but it be different from whatever is happening right now.

We booked one room online at an AP rate after looking at the available information on the renovation, including this thread. I called a couple of days later and added a second room and the CM asked if I was aware that the resort is under construction. We made our reservation after the deadline for the gift card. Admittedly, we share the PP's trepidation about reduced dining options when it rains. Since rain in the summer is inevitable, we hope that they have worked out some of the kinks before we arrive. Our plan is to try to eat most of our meals away from the resort, but having the option is nice. That said, we are excited for our first stay at CBR!

I didn't have a TA/contact or anything. I booked and planned my trip on my own. It was stated clearly on the resort page about the construction. Also received an email about it. I booked end of February (possibly early march, can't exactly remember) right when gift cards were announced. I was going to book this resort regardless. We've stayed before and love it. The difference in someone who booked before or after the GC announcement is that the construction was WELL publicized after the booking cut off date for the exact reason that Disney knew people were pissed and didn't want to have to offer additional compensation. They have the right to cut it off and they did. I'm glad you will make the best of your stay. I will too. It's Disney World. It's better than being home and at work. I just think it shows a lot that you continue to go on and complain about it. I think if it's already bothering you this much it's going to be even worse when you're there. I would say switch resorts but I know availability is bad right now. So I truly hope when you arrive for your vacation you can make the best and enjoy yourself with your family.

I have been searching the better part of the last two hours for this and couldn't find an answer. With all the construction going on, how can we get to the docks? Can we go along the waterfront from the pool or do we have to go all the way around OPR to get there? My kids are doing the Pirate Cruise the second day we are there so we won't have a lot of time to look around beforehand.

I have been searching the better part of the last two hours for this and couldn't find an answer. With all the construction going on, how can we get to the docks? Can we go along the waterfront from the pool or do we have to go all the way around OPR to get there? My kids are doing the Pirate Cruise the second day we are there so we won't have a lot of time to look around beforehand.
Great question-the Dock is not accessible to Guests at this time.

I would go to Concierge-Trinidad North Room 3109 on arrival and ask about this.

My guess is there will be a CM standing where the walkway is blocked providing passage past the "barrier" beginning at a certain time before the Cruise.:)

I didn't have a TA/contact or anything. I booked and planned my trip on my own. It was stated clearly on the resort page about the construction. Also received an email about it. I booked end of February (possibly early march, can't exactly remember) right when gift cards were announced. I was going to book this resort regardless. We've stayed before and love it. The difference in someone who booked before or after the GC announcement is that the construction was WELL publicized after the booking cut off date for the exact reason that Disney knew people were pissed and didn't want to have to offer additional compensation. They have the right to cut it off and they did. I'm glad you will make the best of your stay. I will too. It's Disney World. It's better than being home and at work. I just think it shows a lot that you continue to go on and complain about it. I think if it's already bothering you this much it's going to be even worse when you're there. I would say switch resorts but I know availability is bad right now. So I truly hope when you arrive for your vacation you can make the best and enjoy yourself with your family.
Yes it is true that being at Disney is better than being at work :badpc:

Yes it is true that being at Disney is better than being at work :badpc:

I don't go until Nov 12, but I talk about my trip at work sometimes. Not a lot because I don't want to be obnoxious. And my coworkers just don't get why I want to go to Disney (insert frustrated eye roll). I try to explain but they just don't understand how fun Disney is as an adult!! :confused3

I don't go until Nov 12, but I talk about my trip at work sometimes. Not a lot because I don't want to be obnoxious. And my coworkers just don't get why I want to go to Disney (insert frustrated eye roll). I try to explain but they just don't understand how fun Disney is as an adult!! :confused3
I've experienced this also. Some folks just don't get it, including some members of my family :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!