Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

On our arrival day we probably won't arrive until around 8:30 p.m. on ME from the airport. We won't want a full dinner, but something. How late are the food trucks open and can you get a hot sandwich from them?
The food truck is open until 9 or 10, we didn't eat there but looked at the menu. They have gyros.

We were there last week and bell services delivered packages from Amazon Prime now to our room.

Did you have to specify to deliver it to your room? Or did they just show up there? I remember something about Disney charging for deliveries. Do they still do that? Did they do that in your case?

Maybe we should eat something at the airport before getting on DME.

You could also order pizza to the resort from an off-site company. We've ordered Giordanos a couple of times from Disney resorts, just because it is better than any Chicago-style we can get here. If I recall correctly, they deliver until 10 or 11 depending on the day of the week.

Did you have to specify to deliver it to your room? Or did they just show up there? I remember something about Disney charging for deliveries. Do they still do that? Did they do that in your case?
They will deliver it to Bell Services. I got an alert on my phone from amazon that my order had been delivered. I then called Bell Services & they delivered to my room within 30 minutes.

They did not charge me for the delivery. Make sure you do Amazon Prime Now though. I believe Disney still charges for Amazon Prime packages.

We have stayed at CBR may of times and POFQ once. Until the construction started, CBR has always been our favorite mod by a landslide. We booked a river view room at POFQ to avoid the construction noise, and are now second guessing our decision. We plan on taking breaks by a quiet pool on several afternoons and want to avoid the construction noises while relaxing. We are not on the dining plan, and we do not plan on eating at the resort very often, if at all. If we switch our reservation from POFQ to CBR for our stay, we will save around $550. Is it worth the switch?

We have stayed at CBR may of times and POFQ once. Until the construction started, CBR has always been our favorite mod by a landslide. We booked a river view room at POFQ to avoid the construction noise, and are now second guessing our decision. We plan on taking breaks by a quiet pool on several afternoons and want to avoid the construction noises while relaxing. We are not on the dining plan, and we do not plan on eating at the resort very often, if at all. If we switch our reservation from POFQ to CBR for our stay, we will save around $550. Is it worth the switch?

We're in the same boat with our end of March trip. We always stay at CBR but this time I booked a preferred room at POP to save some money while CBR was under construction. Then a room-only offer came up, they had nothing at POP, but we could have a king room at CBR for about the same money. So we changed over to CBR. We don't generally spend a lot of time at the resort other than a first night dinner at Shutters and a dip or two in the quiet pool and maybe a rest day in the middle. All of our dinners are in the parks or at other resorts as a rule.

As a qualifier, we are a couple in our sixties travelling alone (kids are all grown and out on their own) so we definitely have different priorities than a family with smaller kids would have. Yes the construction is huge this time but we were there in 2008 when the main pool was closed and being rebuilt, we were there in 2015 when the bridge to Caribbean Cay was closed and being rebuilt, and have had numerous maintenance (AC units swapped out/room renovations, painting, roofing...) items being done while we were there that didn't impact us at all, really, we just worked around it.

I'd say unless there are definitely some things you really want over at POFQ then request one of the rooms that @dansdad always suggests and save the money by staying at CBR.

I would switch and save the money in a heartbeat! I have stayed at CBR this past May, and again in August. We check in again next Friday. If CBR is your “favorite mod by a landslide” I would not let the destruction deter you. I feel the same way. I think a lot of the complaints about CBR since last May are the same complaints that would have been made before construction. Not all complaints but some. And there are some positives to the construction like the freestyle machines and reasonable priced buffet meals. I can post an update when we check in again in a week, but the whole reason we are staying there again was because CBR was great the other two trips and I would rather save the money!

Thanks for the input. I'm leaning towards making the switch to CBR, but my husband is still concerned about construction noise. This is our first real WDW vacation as empty nesters. We hope that it will be more relaxing that our other Disney trips. I know that requests aren't guaranteed, but do you think we truly have a good shot of landing a quiet area? If we need to wait for one to become available, we're okay with waiting a day for one to open up after arrival.

I know that requests aren't guaranteed, but do you think we truly have a good shot of landing a quiet area?

I think so. You may not get the exact building(s)you request but they should be able to find you something in, say, Jamaica, for example. Only once have we just outright accepted the first room offered to us. That was in 2015 when we were in Barbados during the bridge closure. Don't be afraid to be specific when you check in. Some cast members are quite accommodating. Also depends on time of year, time of day, etc.

I booked a POR Royal Room but I'm really rethinking switching over to CBR. The price right now is great and I'm not really concerned about dining and noise. DH and I are early risers and we'll have a car. $821 vs $1,182 or even $1,097 for a regular POR room, may be the deciding factor for me. I also just found out that construction begins at 7 from someone who has stayed there so I have to consider that. That's a bit too early even for us. I thought it would be closer to 9. CSR looks to have good rates also but don't know how construction impacts that resort.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. I'm leaning towards making the switch to CBR, but my husband is still concerned about construction noise. This is our first real WDW vacation as empty nesters. We hope that it will be more relaxing that our other Disney trips. I know that requests aren't guaranteed, but do you think we truly have a good shot of landing a quiet area? If we need to wait for one to become available, we're okay with waiting a day for one to open up after arrival.
FWIW, we did not hear any construction noise during our recent CBR stay. I would save the $ if it were me.

Hi all. I haven't stayed at CBR since 2012. We just booked a stay here for Dec. and have a question please. Do the refurbished rooms have the USB charging areas like I have been spoiled with at BC/YC? I tried looking at the pictures on the 1st page but couldn't tell for sure.

Last edited:
dansdad-- Could you possibly recommend quiet locations to request? We are nonsmokers and would like to spend some quiet(ish) afternoons by a quiet pool. We're hoping to not have a parking lot view. Our vacations dates are 3/27-4/7. It was mentioned above that you had listed some locations earlier in the thread, but this thread is getting long!

TIA :)

dansdad-- Could you possibly recommend quiet locations to request? We are nonsmokers and would like to spend some quiet(ish) afternoons by a quiet pool. We're hoping to not have a parking lot view. Our vacations dates are 3/27-4/7. It was mentioned above that you had listed some locations earlier in the thread, but this thread is getting long!

TIA :)

Our 2 favorite locations are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. We have found CBR in general to be one of the more quiet resorts in all of WDW. Even when the resort is at capacity we always feel like we're the only people in our building.

Thanks for the recommendations. We have booked CBR many times over the years and stayed in most islands. We even honeymooned there 27+ years ago. Our favorite island was Barbados for some reason. We just really liked the quiet feel there and the building colors. Our goal now is to stay in an area that is quiet and pretty, with as little construction noise and eyesores (tents, trucks, etc.) as possible. We don't plan on dining there much, but we will be buying refillable mugs. And we enjoy walking around the resort, so proximity to buses, soda machines, and check-in doesn't matter to us.

Well, we just switched to CBR. Requested what dansdad recommended. Our room is a king, which the CM said can be anywhere that is available at checkin time. Fingers crossed!

Hi, we have a split stay in May, 3 nights at CBR then moving over to the BC for 11 nights. Will we be able to request that our luggage be moved over the the BC for us or will we have to do it ourselves?

Also we will have a prefered location room, which islands would this cover and is there a better one to choose, we will have no park tickets for these nights so we will be doing Disney Springs and spending time around the main pool.

Thanks x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter