Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Martinique.

That is only partially correct. We were there this past week, from Sunday 1/28 through Saturday, 2/3. In the mornings, they had separate busses serving Martinique/Trinidad and then Jamaica/Aruba. So, Martinique OR Jamaica would be your first stop (in the mornings). In the evenings, coming back from the parks, one bus would go to all stops, so Martinique would be the first and Aruba the last. Early in the trip, I was walking across the bridge to the Centertown bus stop, until I realized that the busses were not going to all the stops in the morning. The rest of the trip, we caught the Aruba bus stop and always got a seat.

That is only partially correct. We were there this past week, from Sunday 1/28 through Saturday, 2/3. In the mornings, they had separate busses serving Martinique/Trinidad and then Jamaica/Aruba. So, Martinique OR Jamaica would be your first stop (in the mornings). In the evenings, coming back from the parks, one bus would go to all stops, so Martinique would be the first and Aruba the last. Early in the trip, I was walking across the bridge to the Centertown bus stop, until I realized that the busses were not going to all the stops in the morning. The rest of the trip, we caught the Aruba bus stop and always got a seat.
Currently here, that's true for magic kingdom and Epcot .but the animal kingdom bus stopped at all locations.

Yes-Martinique is the only stop that ALWAYS is a first stop.:)

Having said that,Barbados is ALWAYS the least-crowded stop but has TERRIBLE bus service!lol:)

How big are the pull down beds? My son is around 5' tall, and I would prefer to sleep in bed with my wife, while the little girls take the second bed.

Currently here, that's true for magic kingdom and Epcot .but the animal kingdom bus stopped at all locations.
I'm not 100% sure that was true for our trip. On Sunday, the day we checked in, we headed to Hollywood Studios a bit after noon. The bus was mostly full, so I suspected it went to all 4 stops. Monday and Tuesday morning (EPCOT and MK), we went across the bridge to Centertown and picked up the bus. Both trips left for the park after picking up Trinidad. Wednesday morning, our Animal Kingdom morning, we went to the Aruba stop that morning and were met with a lightly filled bus and easily got a seat. So, I assumed it only made the Jamaica pickup. Thursday and Friday morning, we returned to MK and Animal Kingdom in the mornings and easily got seats from the Aruba stops. Only if we caught the bus in the afternoons or in the evenings returning from the park did the busses appear to service all the stops. I suspect they may change based on anticipated bus stop crowds or the time of day.

Have reservations 2nd week of January 2019. Any idea of what the state of CBR will be at that time? Any feedback would be appreciated.

I just spoke with the reservations department today and both the agent and supervisor stated that projected completion of the construction was late June/ early July with the exception of the gondolas. Do you think they just have out dated information? Has it been confirmed that construction is delayed to December?

I just spoke with the reservations department today and both the agent and supervisor stated that projected completion of the construction was late June/ early July with the exception of the gondolas. Do you think they just have out dated information? Has it been confirmed that construction is delayed to December?

Posted a few days ago

@mickeystoontown I have received confirmation that they are behind schedule and now the new dining, shopping and pool bar will not be completed until some time in December.

We'll be at CBR next weekend for a week and my welcome email states:
If you’re hungry for a snack while at your Resort, head to the Old Port Royale Food Court (open from 6:30 a.m. until 11 p.m.).

Since you have a Disney dining plan, you can pick up your RAPID FILL Resort Refillable Mug(s) at Old Port Royale or the Grab ’n Go Market.

Soooo.... is Old Port Royale Food Court open now or not? I thought it was closed for refurb for a while.

What is available for dining that IS on the regular dining plan at the resort? This is our 1st trip to CBR (we usually stay at Pop Century).

Another question, are there places to fill the refillable mugs in all the villages? Internet is inconsistent on this answer. If it's only at the food court, I'm not sure it's worth the money. (Not on dining plan for this, so we'd be buying on our own)

Another question, are there places to fill the refillable mugs in all the villages? Internet is inconsistent on this answer. If it's only at the food court, I'm not sure it's worth the money. (Not on dining plan for this, so we'd be buying on our own)

There are 2 Coca-Cola Freestyle machines in each village. Each machine dispenses about 110 drinks, or more if you choose to mix your drinks. (Download the CC freestyle app)

If you’re hungry for a snack while at your Resort, head to the Old Port Royale Food Court (open from 6:30 a.m. until 11 p.m.).

Since you have a Disney dining plan, you can pick up your RAPID FILL Resort Refillable Mug(s) at Old Port Royale or the Grab ’n Go Market.

Soooo.... is Old Port Royale Food Court open now or not? I thought it was closed for refurb for a while.

What is available for dining that IS on the regular dining plan at the resort? This is our 1st trip to CBR (we usually stay at Pop Century).

Port Royale is still closed, there are food trucks and a buffet tent (quick service credit) as well as the soon to open (March) Spy Glass Grill (quick service) at Trinidad South.
There are currently no table service options at CBR during refurb.

Welcome to our world. Before asking more questions, have a read of the very first post starting on page 1, most of your potential questions have already been answered there. It gives loads of info including the locations of Coca-Cola Freestyle machines and the Island Markets. A very good job is being made of keeping it updated through the refurb (not by me!).

@GoofyGraham Thank you! I started from the end and worked backward, not finding the answers, posted. I didn't realize there were all the great posts at the beginning.

We're going to do online check in soon and I was wondering what I should request--Martinique or Trinidad North? (We're doing Preferred, mainly because that's all that was left when we booked.) We've never stayed at CBR before and with the construction going on, I figured I'd ask the most knowledgeable people--YOU! About us: we won't be using the buses, we like quiet at night, and we want to be close to the pool/food (which I think either of these would be). Any personal favorite? Thanks so much!

Also, does anyone have photos of what the dinner buffet looks like? I've seen breakfast, but not dinner. Also if anyone has photos of what they offer for lunch in the temporary space. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!