Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I didn't notice any smoke smell at all in our room. You don't need to change resorts. If you do notice a smell in your room, just ask to be moved. It's a beautiful resort, have fun!

I wouldn't change resorts over it as I'm sure the vast majority of rooms don't have any smoke smell. It definitely was not construction workers, just an overall smell. Like I said, I don't think CBR has the corner on people who are willing to risk the cleaning fee to smoke in the rooms, but I have noticed several times on this forums and others that people have mentioned this. That is why I feel like maybe it is something else, as it seems odd for it to be so focused.
Regardless, I can't imagine it's common enough to stress over and if it were an issue, I'm sure you could request a room change. We really, really liked the resort overall and the Murphy bed is so cute!

Thanks for your response. I agree with it being a nice resort. We have stayed there before with the Murphy beds and we loved it. But the last time we were there, it wasn't a construction zone, either, so I don't know if that will change our opinion.

I know @jjj4 posted that they got a letter for their August trip about construction delays and I also know that @dansdad is an insider and his sources confirmed Old Port Royale construction is delayed until December. I am certainly not an insider but wanted to throw my confirmation in here as well. I was talking with a CM (Sanford) via chat today regarding an issue and decided to go ahead and ask about CBR construction as well just to see if they were officially announcing it yet since I had seen some chatter they weren't officially saying any delays. I will post that part of our conversation below. Hope it helps someone, apologies for any redundancy.

Me
at 10:12, Feb 16:

We may want to change resorts if Old Port Royale is still under construction in September

Sanford (Disney CM)
at 10:12, Feb 16:

Right now, we have heard reports that these refurbishments are expected to be taking place through the end of 2018 and into 2019 at the earliest. In this case, you would want to check availability for other resorts, since the refurbishments will still be going on in September.

Me
at 10:13, Feb 16:

OK, just to be clear, I realize that the Gondola and new DVC Riviera construction will be going on into 2019 but you are saying the actual Caribbean beach resort will be under construction too?

Sanford (Disney CM)
at 10:14, Feb 16:

Yes, the Old Port Royale refurbishments are expected to last into 2019 as well.

I haven't seen anything about dogs in this thread, does that mean that CBR isn't one of the resorts that allows dogs?

I haven't seen anything about dogs in this thread, does that mean that CBR isn't one of the resorts that allows dogs?

That is correct. Well other than service dogs, they are allowed everywhere. The resorts that are pet friendly and allow non service dogs are:

Yacht Club
Port Orleans Riverside
The Cabins at Ft. Wilderness
Art of Animation

That is correct. Well other than service dogs, they are allowed everywhere. The resorts that are pet friendly and allow non service dogs are:

Yacht Club
Port Orleans Riverside
The Cabins at Ft. Wilderness
Art of Animation

Thank you, I'm glad to hear that as I don't really fancy staying in a hotel that allows dogs. Pluss I'm allergic to them, so I wouldn't like to have to stay in a room where there's been dogs before. Even if they do the deep clean of the room.

Well... we just switched again and are staying at AKL instead of CBR. I think this will be our final switch. LOL! While we don't need the restaurants, it is a nice convenience sometimes at the end of the day it was just easy to eat at the resort and then go back to our room. My dh isn't a fan of the food truck menus and I'm not a fan of paying for a buffet.

Hi Guys...Im backkkkkkkk . Cant believe a year later nothing much has changed at CBR ! a bit bummed no food court yet or arcade but meh what can you do. Just booked the first week in June in a pirate room to hopefully be away from the mess...we are tacking on two days at Lowes Royal Pacific this year to do 2 days at Universal..I want my Ollivanders Wand!! Anyhoo..nice to be back, heading over to check out the trip reports :)

Does anyone know if they will extend any deals since the construction was originally scheduled to be done in June?

We booked the trip in November for July knowing full well that there was a possibility that the construction was not going to be done. Not looking for freebies but it would be a bonus.

Last edited:
We're just over a month away from our next stay at CBR and I haven't seen much on this thread about people's experiences with the "daily room check". I've been wondering, does anyone have a recent experience to share? Thanks.

We're just over a month away from our next stay at CBR and I haven't seen much on this thread about people's experiences with the "daily room check". I've been wondering, does anyone have a recent experience to share? Thanks.

We stayed for 6 nights January 26 to February 1. Two rooms connected for family of 5. One room had no cleaning with gift card offer, one room did not. Few glitches with that (one day both rooms cleaned, one day wrong room cleaned) but did not notice anything else. We were at the park a lot, but did usually take couple hour break in the afternoon where we were in the rooms the whole time (to cold to swim). So no daily check while we were there. One day my girls (11, 9, 7) watched tv in the room while they cleaned but that was about it.

Does anyone know if they will extend any deals since the construction was originally scheduled to be done in June?

We booked the trip in November for July knowing full well that there was a possibility that the construction was not going to be done. Not looking for freebies but it would be a bonus.

It seems that the deals are significantly reduced prices. For the spring discounts, CBR is much cheaper than POR. The discounted rate when I was pricing it out was $168 at CBR compared to $215 at POR. Wait for the summer discounts to be released, and you should be able to save some money.

If you are from the UK and booked a package, I'd talk to your TA. The UK packages are priced totally differently, so you may be out of luck.

ETA: Those were passholder rates for POR. I couldn't even get a discount at POR for the general public discount. And, weirdly enough, the general public discount for CBR was better than the passholder rate.

I've seen some things about there being some characters at the resort because of the construction. Is that still happening? Are they at the food tent? The pool? What time are they usually there?

I've seen some things about there being some characters at the resort because of the construction. Is that still happening? Are they at the food tent? The pool? What time are they usually there?

I had the same question a few weeks ago. They said Fab 5 characters during a dance party on Tuesdays and Fridays

I had heard rumblings of Disney doing away with the free toiletries at values (and mods?). Just confirming CBR still has free shampoo etc?

I've seen some things about there being some characters at the resort because of the construction. Is that still happening?

Yup. And not just because of the construction. They've been doing it for years.

Are they at the food tent? The pool? What time are they usually there?

Usually the pool. No set times, they just show up. It's meant to be a surprise.

Minnie, Donald, and Goofy were there last week during the pool party.

There are still individual soaps and shampoos being given out. I think the previous poster was referring to some of the resorts going to larger soap dispensers in the bathrooms instead of individual.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter