Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hi all--

This summer will be our first stay at a moderate. Can anyone tell me what the toiletries are like at CBR? Do you get conditioner? Is it one of those where they put the pumps on the walls? Thanks!

We are going next month:
1. How is the new quick service dining location?
2. Opinions on best locations to balance bus access for rope drop and less exposure to construction and (less important) pool?
3. If you are wishing you stayed somewhere else can you mention that to as I can still move around reservations...I had seen more negative comments a couple months ago...

The quick service was not very good in our opinion. The only options were the food truck outside the food tent which had burgers or for the kids only hot dogs. The food tent was a decent size but only offered buffet meals which is not ideal for us so luckily we only needed to use the food truck once for the kids.

We were in Martinique and closest to customs house and 1st pick up and 5 mins to pool/food tent but we did have to walk through the contruction. We used the internal bus 1 day and it picked us 1st then all the stops round the resort then came all the way back past to go to custom house. It was only a 10 min ride but i thought if that was the park bus it would be pretty full by the time it got to Jamaica. But we found out that each side of the resort has their own bus so that would probably not be too bad. We didn't use the park bus so cannot comment on how long it took. We do have friends their now and they are in Jamaica 51 and their nearst bus stop is either Jamaica or Aruba. The walk to the pool is 5 mins as they go over the island and you cannot see much construction. This would probably be a better location. We walked the whole resort 1 day and was only 15 mins from the pool over the bridge ro Jamaica then down to Trinidad north and back to the pool. This was probably a slow walk too. It looks a huge resort on the map but its not!! This was the reason we were hesitant about staying but we were pleasantly surprised. We would have chosen PORS but again it looked big so maybe it not!!

I didn't wish that we stayed anyehere else as the bed configuration worked for us here and i wanted to try it. We couldn't get the full 2 weeks at the BC so the CBR was the best fit for us. Its a lovely resort and depending on cost we may stay back here but only when the food situation is completed. However we do love the BC and would probably try our best to go there.

I hope this helps. X

Shampoo, conditioner and body wash.

Yup.

Yup.
One more question--do you get the body lotion at the CBR? Trying to plan for packing:-). I love the Disney toiletries (just the smell brings me to my happy place:-)--so I always use them if they are an option, less to pack! Thanks!

One more question--do you get the body lotion at the CBR? Trying to plan for packing:-). I love the Disney toiletries (just the smell brings me to my happy place:-)--so I always use them if they are an option, less to pack! Thanks!
There is no body lotion, so don’t forget to pack yours! I used to feel the same way about the toiletries but, not anymore. The new stuff is green and smells manly!:crazy2:

Have to submit my room request tomorrow. Where do I want to be? Close to the pool? Early bus stop?

Considering a July trip, no parks, and was just wondering if CBR is relaxing enough with all the construction?. We were just there in may 2017 and loved our stay, but then again we did do the parks and also received a significant discount due to the construction, so not so sure it would have the same appeal. We loved our quiet pool and didn't mind the food trucks. Opinions??

We are due to check in in 4 days time at CBR Pirate room water view.. Im looking at room requests here as Im going to check in..I guess my only requests would be upstairs/downstairs and corner room? This will be our 10th visit to CBR :) cant wait to get back to my happy place

We are due to check in in 4 days time at CBR Pirate room water view.. Im looking at room requests here as Im going to check in..I guess my only requests would be upstairs/downstairs and corner room? This will be our 10th visit to CBR :) cant wait to get back to my happy place
Have fun!:)

Spyglass Grill has really added tremendously to the "Trinidad South Experience"!:)

I just booked 7 days for Veterans Day week in November for a Preferred Room. I'm pretty sure I will eventually change it to a Pirate Room.

Maybe we can have a GoFundMe set up for Disney that can be used to hire people to speed up the process by a couple months? Mandatory donation from anyone that asks if it will be open for their trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!