Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

My kids really want to stay here when we go to WDW in January. How inconvenient will it be at that time with the reburb going on?

The only things I've read are mid-2019 fully running, with many considering it ambitious.

If you're worried about the construction the Pirate Rooms are great (in my biased opinion), just maybe not a water view as a Skyliner station is being built across the water. An update a few weeks ago showed that the station was well under way in construction so maybe it will be close to done ahead of the other portions by January? Many of the other buildings should be fine by then too. The buildings right next to the Riviera might be the exception depending on how far along it is at by January.

dansdad do you know if the buildings that are currently preferred rooms will change after the OPR construction is done? I guess the same question for after the other projects are done too?

dansdad do you know if the buildings that are currently preferred rooms will change after the OPR construction is done? I guess the same question for after the other projects are done too?

I have heard that Martinique will be back to having Preferred Rooms as well as King and Waterview.

I have been watching this thread for a few months, preparing for our first family trip to Disney and a stay at CBR in 2 weeks now. Thanks to all of you for so much helpful information! I am not concerned about the construction after reading many positive reviews on this forum, but I was wondering if anyone who has been to the resort recently can help me with a transportation question. We will not have a car, so will be dependent on the buses for transportation-I am prepared that we may have to wait for these and will plan accordingly. My concern is that we have two PPO breakfast reservations at 8am- one at BOG and the other at Akershus- and I wonder if it is reasonable to expect to make it there on time using the Disney buses? Would it be smarter to just use uber and not stress about being late? We are a family of 5 with kids ages 12, 8, and 5 and I really don't want to start the day stressing about this!

My choice is to always Lyft/Uber when trying to make early morning reservations or RD. But I'm normally running crazy and behind trying to get kiddos and hubby out of the door. :)
Something to consider - with 5 people you will need Uber XL (more expensive at around $15/20 depending) and that won't get you straight to MK for your BOG day. You could use Minnie Van for $25 and it will take you all the way up to MK bus area. May be worth the extra $5-10 for peace of mind and would be a fun treat to start your day!

My family and I are booked in a water/pool view for late Aug. 2ad and 3kids. I'm thinking of requesting Trinidad North. Are all the rooms in Trinidad North Preferred? Can I request a water/pool view in Trinidad North? And is there the soda machines in Trinidad North that we can refill our mugs?

I know trinidad north and south don't have Island markets. but does every building have a coke freestyle machine to reffil the mugs? or at least every village?

I know trinidad north and south don't have Island markets. but does every building have a coke freestyle machine to reffil the mugs? or at least every village?
IIRC,Trinidad North and Martinique have one machine each and Aruba,Jamaica,Trinidad South each have 2 machines.

Also,in addition to Centertown Buffet, Spyglass Grill in Trinidad South has a Mug refill station.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!