Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

When does Fall start and end? Staying end of November to 4th December and fingers crossed I get to experience this.

Here now, the Centretown area is buzzing with construction, can’t really see much behind the barriers, but I asked two different CM’s and they both say it is supposed to be only one more month.

We are in Martinique building 24 and it is a wonderful location. We paid for a standard room and I think we got a nice upgrade as our room has the little pull down bed, although for the two of us we don’t need it. Busing has been a breeze, we just check the app and then run out the door, you can see the bus stop from our room. We drive to WDW and the parking lot is extremely close which we always like. Martinique has been the first bus stop every time we have taken a bus, and I have seen two instances where the buses fill up and had to leave people behind to wait for the next bus. I’m sure those people don’t have much good to say about the bus situation at Caribbean Beach!

Food options here now are VERY limited. The breakfast buffet in the tent is good (love the Fresh made Mickey Waffles!), and not a far walk. Haven’t had dinner at the tent and with our park plans we won’t be. Other than that the only other restaurant is in Trinidad South (forgot name), and it is more of a beach bar with VERY limited seating, maybe 10 tables, that’s it. We looked in at the Island Market, which is a small market in a guest room, and it had some sandwich, salad, pastry and beverage selections and a big display of candy. Wonder who their market is!?

Main Pool is lovely, Beds and room wonderfully comfortable and construction not too intrusive. I knew what to expect!

Last edited:
Here now, the Centretown area is buzzing with construction, can’t really see much behind the barriers, but I asked two different CM’s and they both say it is supposed to be only one more month.

We are in Martinique building 24 and it is a wonderful location. We paid for a standard room and I think we got a nice upgrade as our room has the little pull down bed, although for the two of us we don’t need it. Busing has been a breeze, we just check the app and then run out the door, you can see the bus stop from our room. We drive to WDW and the parking lot is extremely close which we always like. Martinique has been the first bus stop every time we have taken a bus, and I have seen two instances where the buses fill up and had to leave people behind to wait for the next bus. I’m sure those people don’t have much good to say about the bus situation at Caribbean Beach!

Food options here now are VERY limited. The breakfast buffet in the tent is good (love the Fresh made Mickey Waffles!), and not a far walk. Haven’t had dinner at the tent and with our park plans we won’t be. Other than that the only other restaurant is in Trinidad South (forgot name), and it is more of a beach bar with VERY limited seating, maybe 10 tables, that’s it. We looked in at the Island Market, which is a small market in a guest room, and it had some sandwich, salad, pastry and beverage selections and a big display of candy. Wonder who their market is!?

Main Pool is lovely, Beds and room wonderfully comfortable and construction not too intrusive. I knew what to expect!
Did you have to pay to park? My parents are thinking of renting a car..might it be worth it then if staying at CBR? Thanks!

Did you have to pay to park? My parents are thinking of renting a car..might it be worth it then if staying at CBR? Thanks!
We are also at CBR now and yes, we are paying $19/day to park. It was a hard pill to swallow when I looked at the charges on our account!

I stayed one night Saturday 9/1 and I didn’t pay to park. I have no idea why, I went to the front to check in but they never asked about a car. We already had magic bands but they were in the trunk so we weren’t wearing them when we entered at the guard station. I don’t know if scanning them then would’ve mattered.

I stayed one night Saturday 9/1 and I didn’t pay to park. I have no idea why, I went to the front to check in but they never asked about a car. We already had magic bands but they were in the trunk so we weren’t wearing them when we entered at the guard station. I don’t know if scanning them then would’ve mattered.

Reports are that all WDW resorts have been extremely inconsistent with charging guests for overnight parking.

Reports are that all WDW resorts have been extremely inconsistent with charging guests for overnight parking.
We were asked if we had a car at check in and given a parking pass. Normally we skip check in and just go straight to our room. But we bought a special package this time and we had to pick up a packet at check in.

Yes I just looked at my account and it’s on there. I’m one of those who find this extremely annoying. Let’s see, those who fly in get free round trip airport transfer and those who do all the work themselves and drive have to pay for parking, which for our five night stay will be almost $100. Something is wrong with this picture, very wrong!!

Last edited:
Yes I just looked at my account and it’s on there. I’m one of those who find this extremely annoying. Let’s see, those who fly in get free round trip airport transfer and those who do all the work themselves and drive have to pay for parking, which for our five night stay will be almost $100. Something is wrong with this picture, very wrong!!

No it makes sense. The ones flying are not clogging up the roads and parking. The are rewards for using the public transportation, You should pay to park.

Actually, I think the whole parking thing is about the carrot and the stick Disney likes to use. They DONT want people to bring cars with them, not because of congestion, or pollution, or environment. They want the resort guests to be "trapped" at Disney and rely solely on Disney transportation so you can spend money at Disney parks, hotels, shopping centres and restaurants.

Guests who have cars can leave to get groceries (eeks) or drinks (oh no) or visit OTHER theme parks or restaurants (gasp!) The mouse does not want that at all. They instituted Magical Express to make diminish the need for people to bring their own cars. (Carrot). Now, they are applying the stick - a significant daily charge for parking.

Hermoine needs to come up with a counter spell because this carrot and stick is a direct kick at universal when used in conjunction with front loaded tickets....

Only ONE more month until Centretown is ready to open again?! That's insane! And super exciting!! plus Sebastian's Bistro is going to be so cute! I can't wait to see it in person! CBR was our favorite resort growing up it'll be so nice to see it after construction is mostly finished.

Can anyone tell me about laundry at CBR. First ever Disney trip coming up in a few weeks and I'm sure I'll need to do laundry at least once. Wondering how much it costs per wash/dry. Also which soap is available and his much soap costs. Thanks so much!

Laundries are located by each of the "Leisure Pools" in each of the Islands.

Wash and Dryer cycles are $3.00 and the detergent is an "environmentally friendly" "brand",as well as the Dryer Sheets,and they are both $1.00.

The machines are controlled from a single "box" and require a Credit Card.:)

Laundries are located by each of the "Leisure Pools" in each of the Islands.

Wash and Dryer cycles are $3.00 and the detergent is an "environmentally friendly" "brand",as well as the Dryer Sheets,and they are both $1.00.

The machines are controlled from a single "box" and require a Credit Card.:)
Can you bring your own soap and dryer sheets?

Hoping to plan a June 2019 WDW trip to CB - was a bit concerned by continued construction and no end date in sight but all of a sudden it's looking better and better that we should be fine (except for the nearby DVC construction). :yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!