Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hey CBR folks! We currently have POP booked for 3/16-3/23. Thinking of changing our reservation to CBR while there is a discount due to construction. I'm sure this has been discussed constantly here but I haven't paid attention since we weren't planning on staying there until now. Could someone give me an idea of what to expect in terms of construction/ closures/ inconveniences if we decide to book at CBR instead? We have never stayed there before.

Last edited:

This is so funny to me because I was there at the same time! In room 2433 :) We loved being first stop!
We were in 2424 around the same time! Martinique is my favorite location now!!! The DVC construction was right across from us and it didn't bother us one bit!

We checked in to CBR on Saturday, Sept 1st. We did not request a room and we were put in Aruba 51 which was a great location. We dropped our stuff off quickly including some cold groceries and went to eat an early dinner. The walk to get to Centertown was very nice. The food was OK. It will definitely be better when the food court is complete. When we got back to the room, we noticed that the air conditioner was leaking onto a big area of the carpet and it was humid and 75 degrees in our room. We called maintenance and they came and cleaned the filter of the AC unit and shop-vacuumed the carpet. It was very evident that the AC unit was old and probably needed replacing. I also started putting bottled water in the fridge and noticed that it was not cold! It wasn't plugged in. We dropped off everything so quickly that I didn't notice it when I put groceries in it. It ended up that the groceries were still cold enough, but I will be more careful checking to make sure the fridge is cold next time. DH called and voiced his concerns that he didn't think the AC would keep up with the heat (the maintenance man admitted to us that some of the units were having a hard time keeping rooms cool). Customer service offered to move us to one of two rooms on the outskirts of the resort and said that the rest of the resort was full. The locations of the rooms were VERY far away from the pool. So, they told us that they would check out other resorts. We had fastpasses at Hollywood Studios so we decided that we would go and give the AC time to work. When we returned at 10:30 PM, the room was 73 degrees and humid so we were moved to Port Orleans Riverside in a newly renovated room. We have stayed at PO Riverside before so we were familiar with the resort. The PO air conditioner had no trouble keeping the room cold so I think that AC unit at CBR needed to be replaced. I liked what I saw the brief time we were at CBR. I am not sure if they are working on renovating rooms there, but they were definitely need renovations when compared to the PO room we had. I would definitely try CBR again once the food court is done with a renovated room.

We were in 2429. Could there be a better location for the buses??
Yes, in the parking garage because the Gondolas are working!
(sorry just couldn't resist)
I'm not sorry however being excited about the recent renovations! Gosh, and not just CBR, there is a LOT of work going on all over WDW.

Gosh, and not just CBR, there is a LOT of work going on all over WDW.
No doubt-the most work at one time I have seen since I started going to WDW in 2003:

MASSIVE road construction in several locations
DHS Parking Lots
Gondola Stations at POP/AoA,CBR,DRR,Epcot,DHS
Ratatouille
Guardians of the Galaxy
Tron
Japan restaurant
Star Wars Land
Disney Riviera Resort
CSR Tower

And the "just" completed Toy Story Land.

The new "symbol" for WDW should be a Construction Crane with Mickey Ears on top!lol:)

Just popped in to say hi to my favorite CBR peeps...hope you are all well..well Im traitoring. We booked to leave tomorrow last minute but its a mega budget trip to do the Halloween party so we are staying at ASMu.. hope its good. Sad its not CBR but thats for the big vacation in June.

What is preferred now? We have preferred in November. I need to request a room! We will have DH, DS8, DD5, DS3, DS1, and myself. We will be squeezed in for sure. But we can’t wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!