Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

This year we have stayed in the refurbished rooms at POFQ and CSR and we loved the new rooms. Have the rooms at CBR been renovated recently?

Just did online check-in! We're booked for a preferred room and when it asked if we had an preferences it showed "Martinique Village" in the choices drop down. I don't know if someone mentioned it before but it seems like Martinique is indeed back as preferred. Unless the online check-in was never updated in the first place and gave that option thorough construction anyway

Just did online check-in! We're booked for a preferred room and when it asked if we had an preferences it showed "Martinique Village" in the choices drop down. I don't know if someone mentioned it before but it seems like Martinique is indeed back as preferred. Unless the online check-in was never updated in the first place and gave that option thorough construction anyway

Martinique is preferred, however the dropdown is wonky and shows that option for everybody....

We’ll be checking in for our 5th CBR stay in as many years this Saturday! Can’t wait!

Quick question. I have a friend there now who said she’s hearing loud construction noise from her room in Aruba every morning before 7. Anyone else having this? I thought it was finished other than the gondola work and the Riviera. It’s not a huge deal to us because we are rope droppers, so I’ll have my family up and out early every morning, but I’m curious if others have experienced this.

We’ll be checking in for our 5th CBR stay in as many years this Saturday! Can’t wait!

Quick question. I have a friend there now who said she’s hearing loud construction noise from her room in Aruba every morning before 7. Anyone else having this? I thought it was finished other than the gondola work and the Riviera. It’s not a huge deal to us because we are rope droppers, so I’ll have my family up and out early every morning, but I’m curious if others have experienced this.
I'm guessing it'll be from the Riviera Gondola Station, which is right next to Aruba.

The last 2 Island Markets have now joined Centertown Buffet as only memories of a unique period in the history of CBR.:)

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2018/12/temporary-island-markets-now-closed-at.html

Guests staying at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort should be advised that the temporary Island Markets in Aruba (room #5524) and Jamaica (room #4308) are now closed. Guests who need to purchase sundries will be able to do so at Calypso Trading Post from 7:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. All other items can be purchased at Centertown Market.

I'm guessing it'll be from the Riviera Gondola Station, which is right next to Aruba.
Agree-the DRR Station could just as easily be called the Aruba Station based on proximity.

Aruba Guests will have quick access to Epcot!:)

I stayed there with my 72 year old dad 11/26-12/3 preferred. My dad was assigned to Barbados (old Trinidad North. Building 31 - he loved the location). I was assigned building 24, room 2472, in Martinique. CM Carrie at check in laughed and said I was the first guest at Rivera (see below regarding my comments about this). She wasn’t kidding . However, once I found the quick way it was only a 5 minute walk to OPR. I never used my bus stop, just walked to meet dad at the OPR stop as it was closest to him.

This was a slower trip pace trip as I was with dad so we left each morning between 8:15 and 8:30 at the bus stop depending on the park and came back around 2pm for naps. No bus issues except our EPCOT day coming back. That was a 45 minute wait and it was 50 degrees with high winds. No worries, things happen (plus we’re from Michigan and flew out from the blizzard so had our cold weather clothes).

I did hear construction from my new roommates at Riviera lol, but it wasn’t bad. Also, I did experience 2 room checks. First was a knock, second a call. Dad never did but his room was cleaned in the morning and mine was either morning or after 3pm.

Random thoughts...I stayed at CBR last year Thanksgiving day through the following Monday with my DD21 and CBR was under construction. We received the $75/night gift card and loved the resort even with the tents, food truck, etc. Coming back and seeing everything finished was amazing. We ate at Sebastian’s and had amazing food and service. We did struggle a bit with the marketplace menus due to options but loved the delivery to our tables and not having to wait in line for our food (that was discontinued 12/3 according to the CM’s).

We did a lot (remember I was traveling with my 72year old dad lol) of people watching on the lobby at night and the highlight for both of us was singers dressed at pirates performing . They even did country songs haha

Overall, amazing trip. Even going at a slower pace we did a ton and also did Hoop Dee Do Revue and the Christmas party (same night! dad loved both )

Honestly, the only negative at the resort was at check in. Dad and I had booked separate reservations with a TA and then called Disney to merge them so we would be in same building. The CM Carrie said we couldn’t be in same building due to our booking with a TA. I showed her the emails from Garfield (IT) and Stacey (reservations) at Disney confirming the merge and she made a call and said it wasn’t official. (Umm..I have 4 confirmations from your BOSS that it was!). She just laughed at the emails and said I was the first guest at Riviera. Sorry, that still peeves me . I should’ve asked for a manager but we were exhausted and needed good food and a stiff drink..Hello Sebastian’s . FYI...remember dad and I would people watch each night in the lobby? Yup, CM Carrie was on that shift and wouldn’t even acknowledge us.

If anyone has questions, I’m happy to answer.

Kelley

Honestly, the only negative at the resort was at check in. Dad and I had booked separate reservations with a TA and then called Disney to merge them so we would be in same building. The CM Carrie said we couldn’t be in same building due to our booking with a TA. I showed her the emails from Garfield (IT) and Stacey (reservations) at Disney confirming the merge and she made a call and said it wasn’t official. (Umm..I have 4 confirmations from your BOSS that it was!). She just laughed at the emails and said I was the first guest at Riviera. Sorry, that still peeves me . I should’ve asked for a manager but we were exhausted and needed good food and a stiff drink..Hello Sebastian’s . FYI...remember dad and I would people watch each night in the lobby? Yup, CM Carrie was on that shift and wouldn’t even acknowledge us.

If anyone has questions, I’m happy to answer.

Kelley

That's a shame they couldn't move you. For the most part we've always been able to move our rooms after arrival, but if it was a busy week maybe not. Our last trip we were traveling with friends and asked to be close to one another (at Pop Century). They said our rooms weren't even close so they spent like 30 minutes on the phone to change it (at 2am no less). The next day when my friends checked in they didn't end up being anywhere near us and were actually in the building I was originally assigned before they moved us to be closer. It wasn't so bad, but for a short trip I couldn't believe they couldn't find two rooms in at least the same or adjacent buildings.

We are staying at CBR 2/7 - 2/10 and it'll be our first time staying at this property. We've stayed at POFQ before, twice, and find it fine, and at CS once (didn't like it). We only use the resort to bathe, sleep, and eat breakfast (in our room). We do use resort transportation. Do you think the construction noise will bother us (family of 4, 2 young children, 8 and 5)? I know it's hard to know what will bother someone, but if we will hear it in our room or outside in the evenings/at bedtime, it will be a nuisance. We did receive an email about the gondola construction. We have not made a room/building request. Thanks!

We are staying at CBR 2/7 - 2/10 and it'll be our first time staying at this property. We've stayed at POFQ before, twice, and find it fine, and at CS once (didn't like it). We only use the resort to bathe, sleep, and eat breakfast (in our room). We do use resort transportation. Do you think the construction noise will bother us (family of 4, 2 young children, 8 and 5)?

Most likely, no. All the "heavy lifting" so to speak is done.

I have CBR booked for Feb 3-8. After I booked, we decided to add another night, but CBR had no availability, so I booked one night at POP. There is now a Pirate Room available at CBR. If I cancel POP and get this for the extra night, is there any chance they will just let us stay in our original room? I'm guessing no, since there is no availability except Pirate room.

Recent visit to Disney. CBR has been one of my favorite resorts. On my last trip I went over to CBR to take a look around. I have to say I miss the old CBR, but I keep hoping my old love for the Resort will return. They are making some nice changes and I can’t wait till it is done, but I have lots of concerns.
C9BAA161-875A-4030-8828-50A56F2FBD53.jpeg D15B1D1F-6FED-4609-87F7-74F3CCD7ED8E.jpeg B37978D6-B6CA-4892-AA22-8610CD590177.jpeg 6B495774-8DC1-4552-BFA7-597B39894DF7.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!