Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I got the “construction might be happening during your stay” email. I’m staying in a preferred room in mid July. I have 2 kids and we will be taking daily afternoon nap breaks. Is there a chance this could be disruptive or do you think it will be minor stuff? My family was excited about this resort (mermaid classes & pirate cruise!) but I don’t want heavy construction, should I entertain switching?
Assuming that any construction is related to the gondola station or lines (and it's hard to think what else it could be) , then Preferred Rooms wouldn't be affected at all.

Preferred rooms will be near OPR, so an upcharge
Pirate rooms will be an upcharge
Jamaica will be near CBR station, so upcharge (new Skyliner category)
Aruba will be near DRR station, so upcharge Skyliner category

Buildings 51 and 45 will have the only Standard rooms left. Or, they'll be the new "easy playground access" category.

New ways for Disney to upcharge!
And,of course,the sure to be popular new room category,"Skyliner Tower View".lol:)

45755320964_dc0b53c8f9_c.jpg

Do we know yet if the current construction involves planting trees around the gondola poles, or in anyway making them seem less intrusive?

This might seem like a silly thing to be worried about, but...is there no ice cream at CBR? Last year we stayed at POR and the kids liked using snack credits for ice cream sundaes and ice cream cookie sandwiches. I'm not seeing anything like that on the CBR food court menu?

Do we know yet if the current construction involves planting trees around the gondola poles, or in anyway making them seem less intrusive?
No indications yet.

Probably not a whole lot they can do to make them less "obvious"-maybe they will paint them in the colors of the Island they are in and do a lot of landscaping around them-time will tell.:)

We are staying at CB in April. We'll have 2 ECVs. Does Caribbean Beach have elevators? I did tell the cm when I reserved that we would need ground floor but have gotten burned before. Hard to carry ECVs up steps!:)

We are staying at CB in April. We'll have 2 ECVs. Does Caribbean Beach have elevators? I did tell the cm when I reserved that we would need ground floor but have gotten burned before. Hard to carry ECVs up steps!:)

No elevators. Since you told them they should note it on the res, but if you arrive and don't get it definitely go to the front desk.

@Turksmom Can I have your opinion on the menus at Centertown and Spyglass? I just looked at them and they seem somewhat different. Was just wondering someone’s personal experience with them. Thank you for any input.
No experience with Centertown since it has reopened. It was still a tent when we were there in May, but we're looking forward to checking it out when we go back in June. We really liked everything at Spyglass. For breakfast 5 of us shared the Cuban, guava stuffed French toast, and pineapple banana pancakes.

No elevators. Since you told them they should note it on the res, but if you arrive and don't get it definitely go to the front desk.

Yep, and if you're doing online check in and have access to a map like touring plans that tells you what kind of room is each one, you can do it before you haul yourself all the way over to the room. We learned that the hard way after our last stay at CBR. Family of 5 and they didn't give us a room with a 5th bed even though we requested it and there were clearly 5 of us on the reservation. We opened the door, took a 2 second look and said nope. But then we had to haul all of our things to a completely different building.

Here's my stay re-cap that I just posted on FB... long winded, sorry about that.

We stayed 2/2 - 2/9.

We were booked in a Standard Room. I had just faxed in a request for Jamaica 45 when I came upon the recent walkway area construction photos -- I was a little bummed, but wasn't going to let it affect my stay.

My husband arrived earlier in the day, and myself and the kids weren't getting there until close to 8pm. Since he had nothing to do (he had already sat at a bar at Disney Springs for a while, ha), around 2pm he swung by the front desk to let them know he was there, even though he knew the room probably wouldn't be ready yet. The lady at the front desk said the room was actually ready, and that she would have someone take him there via golf cart.

So Sayed (Sayeed? I'm not sure) came by and took my husband and his luggage over to the room -- they ended up upgrading us to Barbados 32. We are a party of 5, so it had the 5th sleeper. This was also an accessible room, so the bathroom was one larger room instead of split up, and had 1 sliding pocket door with a lock. This was room 3211 for anyone curious. There was a connecting door to the next room -- we had quiet neighbors all week (we were probably the louder ones with 3 kids, sorry neighbor), but the last night someone with young kids checked in and when the AC wasn't running I could hear a lot over there, including their television. I solved this minor blip with the Sleep Fan app on my phone. We had to go to bed really early to get up at 5:30AM for the Magical Express. Otherwise very quiet.

I thought this room was not a bad walk over to OPR. We had a nice garden-type "view" (I put that in quotes since we basically always had the curtain closed for privacy, but nice to walk out to). Also not far from the bus stop.

Most of the time busses were fine and generally matched up with the app. The only times where I felt like we waited a long time were coming back from Epcot around 5pm, and coming back from Hollywood Studios around 4pm. We were the third stop, most days this was fine -- there were a few mornings where not everyone at our stop made it onto the bus, and then the bus seemed to skip Trinidad completely, but not sure if they had their own bus sometimes? If you're worried, I'd perhaps walk to the OPR stop -- it's not far from Barbados.

Our room was clean, we did not decline mousekeeping as we were there 7 nights with 3 little kids. Our mousekeepers the first few days were great, especially the first day -- she made towel 'sculptures' and placed them in our window, and did the sheer curtain up nice. She also made my youngest's blankie into a "bow" and put their stuffed animals in fun places. Towels were always replenished, beds well made, garbage emptied. Towards the end of the week there were 2 days where the glasses and coffee were not replaced. Otherwise all good.

Centertown -- I though the food here was good, but our biggest issue was them getting orders wrong. This happened multiple times. Once my husband walked all the way back to the room and then realized his order was wrong and turned around and went back. We ordered spaghetti with meatball for my daughter, came out with no meatball. They brought one out when we inquired. My son's grilled cheese said it would come with cinnamon-powdered orange wheels but came out with an orange slice and 2 pieces of pineapple instead. My husband did mention he was disappointed and they said they didn't serve that anymore (why was it on the menu in the app?). But a few minutes later, they came out with them and had made them special for him. My tuna wrap was supposed to have fries and came with salad instead. They did bring out fries to fix it.

They did attempt to rectify each and every time and were apologetic. We are not huge complainers, just politely brought incorrect orders to their attention to get what we ordered. A gentleman named Kyle asked how it had been going on the last night while waiting for an order, and we were honest that the food was good but had errors all week, and he gave my kids each a free cookie. I think there may be some disconnect from the register to the kitchen, and with time they will smooth this out. But they did repair each error.

Sebastian's Bistro -- we ate here one evening, not crowded at all. I got the Goat Curry and really enjoyed my meal, I thought the portion was just right and tasted really good, and liked the various textures. My husband got the Sustainable Fish, which that day was Mahi Mahi. He didn't really enjoy this -- said it was very bland. My kids ordered 2 kids meals and split them (they're not big eaters so we did this almost all week) -- jerk chicken with mac and cheese and pizza biscuit, and shrimp skewers with the same sides. They weren't big fans of the pizza biscuit. They liked everything else but said the jerk chicken was a little too spicy.

Overall I really enjoyed the ambiance, especially at dusk. The kids enjoyed the pool, and the afternoon poolside trivia. We felt everyone was very friendly. There were a lot of cheerleaders at the resort for the week but were not disturbed by anything. The spread-out nature of the resort makes it feel more quiet/secluded/calm. It never felt overrun with people at any point, even at the pool, and knowing they were booked solid.
I was pleasantly surprised at the upgrade to a preferred room and really enjoyed that -- unexpected but was nice. And the pocket door on the accessible room is kind of ugly so I missed the sliders, but frankly having the big single area bathroom was a plus for us. Your mileage may vary depending on how your family gets ready in the morning. I still have to do a lot of child assistance so the bigger room was good there.

I hope this helps for anyone coming soon!

Here's my stay re-cap that I just posted on FB... long winded, sorry about that.

We stayed 2/2 - 2/9.

We were booked in a Standard Room. I had just faxed in a request for Jamaica 45 when I came upon the recent walkway area construction photos -- I was a little bummed, but wasn't going to let it affect my stay.

My husband arrived earlier in the day, and myself and the kids weren't getting there until close to 8pm. Since he had nothing to do (he had already sat at a bar at Disney Springs for a while, ha), around 2pm he swung by the front desk to let them know he was there, even though he knew the room probably wouldn't be ready yet. The lady at the front desk said the room was actually ready, and that she would have someone take him there via golf cart.

So Sayed (Sayeed? I'm not sure) came by and took my husband and his luggage over to the room -- they ended up upgrading us to Barbados 32. We are a party of 5, so it had the 5th sleeper. This was also an accessible room, so the bathroom was one larger room instead of split up, and had 1 sliding pocket door with a lock. This was room 3211 for anyone curious. There was a connecting door to the next room -- we had quiet neighbors all week (we were probably the louder ones with 3 kids, sorry neighbor), but the last night someone with young kids checked in and when the AC wasn't running I could hear a lot over there, including their television. I solved this minor blip with the Sleep Fan app on my phone. We had to go to bed really early to get up at 5:30AM for the Magical Express. Otherwise very quiet.

I thought this room was not a bad walk over to OPR. We had a nice garden-type "view" (I put that in quotes since we basically always had the curtain closed for privacy, but nice to walk out to). Also not far from the bus stop.

Most of the time busses were fine and generally matched up with the app. The only times where I felt like we waited a long time were coming back from Epcot around 5pm, and coming back from Hollywood Studios around 4pm. We were the third stop, most days this was fine -- there were a few mornings where not everyone at our stop made it onto the bus, and then the bus seemed to skip Trinidad completely, but not sure if they had their own bus sometimes? If you're worried, I'd perhaps walk to the OPR stop -- it's not far from Barbados.

Our room was clean, we did not decline mousekeeping as we were there 7 nights with 3 little kids. Our mousekeepers the first few days were great, especially the first day -- she made towel 'sculptures' and placed them in our window, and did the sheer curtain up nice. She also made my youngest's blankie into a "bow" and put their stuffed animals in fun places. Towels were always replenished, beds well made, garbage emptied. Towards the end of the week there were 2 days where the glasses and coffee were not replaced. Otherwise all good.

Centertown -- I though the food here was good, but our biggest issue was them getting orders wrong. This happened multiple times. Once my husband walked all the way back to the room and then realized his order was wrong and turned around and went back. We ordered spaghetti with meatball for my daughter, came out with no meatball. They brought one out when we inquired. My son's grilled cheese said it would come with cinnamon-powdered orange wheels but came out with an orange slice and 2 pieces of pineapple instead. My husband did mention he was disappointed and they said they didn't serve that anymore (why was it on the menu in the app?). But a few minutes later, they came out with them and had made them special for him. My tuna wrap was supposed to have fries and came with salad instead. They did bring out fries to fix it.

They did attempt to rectify each and every time and were apologetic. We are not huge complainers, just politely brought incorrect orders to their attention to get what we ordered. A gentleman named Kyle asked how it had been going on the last night while waiting for an order, and we were honest that the food was good but had errors all week, and he gave my kids each a free cookie. I think there may be some disconnect from the register to the kitchen, and with time they will smooth this out. But they did repair each error.

Sebastian's Bistro -- we ate here one evening, not crowded at all. I got the Goat Curry and really enjoyed my meal, I thought the portion was just right and tasted really good, and liked the various textures. My husband got the Sustainable Fish, which that day was Mahi Mahi. He didn't really enjoy this -- said it was very bland. My kids ordered 2 kids meals and split them (they're not big eaters so we did this almost all week) -- jerk chicken with mac and cheese and pizza biscuit, and shrimp skewers with the same sides. They weren't big fans of the pizza biscuit. They liked everything else but said the jerk chicken was a little too spicy.

Overall I really enjoyed the ambiance, especially at dusk. The kids enjoyed the pool, and the afternoon poolside trivia. We felt everyone was very friendly. There were a lot of cheerleaders at the resort for the week but were not disturbed by anything. The spread-out nature of the resort makes it feel more quiet/secluded/calm. It never felt overrun with people at any point, even at the pool, and knowing they were booked solid.
I was pleasantly surprised at the upgrade to a preferred room and really enjoyed that -- unexpected but was nice. And the pocket door on the accessible room is kind of ugly so I missed the sliders, but frankly having the big single area bathroom was a plus for us. Your mileage may vary depending on how your family gets ready in the morning. I still have to do a lot of child assistance so the bigger room was good there.

I hope this helps for anyone coming soon!

Thanks for the time with the report, good info. It seems like the CMs and the ambiance in the right areas are what's really holding things together right now. Probably why they are sending out the construction emails as a precaution for those unaware of the CBR situation for the areas with Skyliner work still going on, and it seems like going an extra step to take care of any issues that pop up. Did you happen to go look at what it looks like over in Jamaica?

Thanks for the time with the report, good info. It seems like the CMs and the ambiance in the right areas are what's really holding things together right now. Probably why they are sending out the construction emails as a precaution for those unaware of the CBR situation for the areas with Skyliner work still going on, and it seems like going an extra step to take care of any issues that pop up. Did you happen to go look at what it looks like over in Jamaica?

My husband walked over that way twice but didn't take any photos - the fenced off portions changed as the week went on, since this is ongoing work... here is a photo I grabbed from the FB group taken a few days ago.

FB_IMG_1549800775384.jpg

Where on the app are the bus times listed? I cannot seem to find it. Thanks!

Start at the main page and tap on your hotel reservation details link. I think that's what it was labelled as. Buses will be one of the icons towards the bottom of the screen along with your room charges, etc. I can't really check as we don't have an active reservation with Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter