Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Here's my stay re-cap that I just posted on FB... long winded, sorry about that.

We stayed 2/2 - 2/9.

We were booked in a Standard Room. I had just faxed in a request for Jamaica 45 when I came upon the recent walkway area construction photos -- I was a little bummed, but wasn't going to let it affect my stay.

My husband arrived earlier in the day, and myself and the kids weren't getting there until close to 8pm. Since he had nothing to do (he had already sat at a bar at Disney Springs for a while, ha), around 2pm he swung by the front desk to let them know he was there, even though he knew the room probably wouldn't be ready yet. The lady at the front desk said the room was actually ready, and that she would have someone take him there via golf cart.

So Sayed (Sayeed? I'm not sure) came by and took my husband and his luggage over to the room -- they ended up upgrading us to Barbados 32. We are a party of 5, so it had the 5th sleeper. This was also an accessible room, so the bathroom was one larger room instead of split up, and had 1 sliding pocket door with a lock. This was room 3211 for anyone curious. There was a connecting door to the next room -- we had quiet neighbors all week (we were probably the louder ones with 3 kids, sorry neighbor), but the last night someone with young kids checked in and when the AC wasn't running I could hear a lot over there, including their television. I solved this minor blip with the Sleep Fan app on my phone. We had to go to bed really early to get up at 5:30AM for the Magical Express. Otherwise very quiet.

I thought this room was not a bad walk over to OPR. We had a nice garden-type "view" (I put that in quotes since we basically always had the curtain closed for privacy, but nice to walk out to). Also not far from the bus stop.

Most of the time busses were fine and generally matched up with the app. The only times where I felt like we waited a long time were coming back from Epcot around 5pm, and coming back from Hollywood Studios around 4pm. We were the third stop, most days this was fine -- there were a few mornings where not everyone at our stop made it onto the bus, and then the bus seemed to skip Trinidad completely, but not sure if they had their own bus sometimes? If you're worried, I'd perhaps walk to the OPR stop -- it's not far from Barbados.

Our room was clean, we did not decline mousekeeping as we were there 7 nights with 3 little kids. Our mousekeepers the first few days were great, especially the first day -- she made towel 'sculptures' and placed them in our window, and did the sheer curtain up nice. She also made my youngest's blankie into a "bow" and put their stuffed animals in fun places. Towels were always replenished, beds well made, garbage emptied. Towards the end of the week there were 2 days where the glasses and coffee were not replaced. Otherwise all good.

Centertown -- I though the food here was good, but our biggest issue was them getting orders wrong. This happened multiple times. Once my husband walked all the way back to the room and then realized his order was wrong and turned around and went back. We ordered spaghetti with meatball for my daughter, came out with no meatball. They brought one out when we inquired. My son's grilled cheese said it would come with cinnamon-powdered orange wheels but came out with an orange slice and 2 pieces of pineapple instead. My husband did mention he was disappointed and they said they didn't serve that anymore (why was it on the menu in the app?). But a few minutes later, they came out with them and had made them special for him. My tuna wrap was supposed to have fries and came with salad instead. They did bring out fries to fix it.

They did attempt to rectify each and every time and were apologetic. We are not huge complainers, just politely brought incorrect orders to their attention to get what we ordered. A gentleman named Kyle asked how it had been going on the last night while waiting for an order, and we were honest that the food was good but had errors all week, and he gave my kids each a free cookie. I think there may be some disconnect from the register to the kitchen, and with time they will smooth this out. But they did repair each error.

Sebastian's Bistro -- we ate here one evening, not crowded at all. I got the Goat Curry and really enjoyed my meal, I thought the portion was just right and tasted really good, and liked the various textures. My husband got the Sustainable Fish, which that day was Mahi Mahi. He didn't really enjoy this -- said it was very bland. My kids ordered 2 kids meals and split them (they're not big eaters so we did this almost all week) -- jerk chicken with mac and cheese and pizza biscuit, and shrimp skewers with the same sides. They weren't big fans of the pizza biscuit. They liked everything else but said the jerk chicken was a little too spicy.

Overall I really enjoyed the ambiance, especially at dusk. The kids enjoyed the pool, and the afternoon poolside trivia. We felt everyone was very friendly. There were a lot of cheerleaders at the resort for the week but were not disturbed by anything. The spread-out nature of the resort makes it feel more quiet/secluded/calm. It never felt overrun with people at any point, even at the pool, and knowing they were booked solid.
I was pleasantly surprised at the upgrade to a preferred room and really enjoyed that -- unexpected but was nice. And the pocket door on the accessible room is kind of ugly so I missed the sliders, but frankly having the big single area bathroom was a plus for us. Your mileage may vary depending on how your family gets ready in the morning. I still have to do a lot of child assistance so the bigger room was good there.

I hope this helps for anyone coming soon!

We are here now (5th-14th), booked a standard room and were upgraded to water view in Barbados as well. We have an accessible room with the fifth Sleeper, corner room close to the beach. Seems to me that they put most of the cheer groups in Jamaica. We only heard them last night when we walked to OPR for hot chocolate. They were yelling and cheering; thank goodness it didn't last too long.

We are here now (5th-14th), booked a standard room and were upgraded to water view in Barbados as well. We have an accessible room with the fifth Sleeper, corner room close to the beach. Seems to me that they put most of the cheer groups in Jamaica. We only heard them last night when we walked to OPR for hot chocolate. They were yelling and cheering; thank goodness it didn't last too long.
What room # (if you dont mind sharing). I am getting a 5th sleeper, water view in August and that room sounds good. How far from pool?

I received the email about construction during our upcoming stay. We are booked preferred so I'm hoping it doesn't affect us. But... to be honest I'm not sure what is to be accomplished with the email. There was no warning about construction (I knew there was still a little but it sounded like it was mostly finished) and good Lord I'm still paying an average of $250 a night during Spring Break. What am I supposed to do if I'm unhappy about this at this point? It's Spring Break and most other resorts where we would consider staying are completely booked or they're way over our budget. I guess it's just an FYI, but it's also too late to do anything about it except cancel.

When are you staying ? We are there over Easter I haven’t gotten anything .. I booked preferred as well

I received the email about construction during our upcoming stay. We are booked preferred so I'm hoping it doesn't affect us. But... to be honest I'm not sure what is to be accomplished with the email. There was no warning about construction (I knew there was still a little but it sounded like it was mostly finished) and good Lord I'm still paying an average of $250 a night during Spring Break. What am I supposed to do if I'm unhappy about this at this point? It's Spring Break and most other resorts where we would consider staying are completely booked or they're way over our budget. I guess it's just an FYI, but it's also too late to do anything about it except cancel.

We will be staying here for the first time this October (first week of), and I'm wondering if there is a specific area we should ask (or hope to be) to be put in to. What is a the food court like? How does the bus system run compared to like the All Stars (the only other place we've stayed at).

Thanks!

If you're preferred you won't be affected by any Skyliner work. It's all in the Standard room areas. If you are placed at the far end of Martinique, you may have more of a view of Riviera across the water, but I wouldn't personally be bothered by that, but I guess YMMV. The best place to not see any Riviera work in view would be in Barbados.

Y'all, I went missing for a long stretch of time. You know how life in general gets in the way of the fun things. It's my intention to get the new thread up and running ASAP.
Had you started a new thread? I thought there was a new CBR thread but then could not find it and thought maybe I hallucinated it lol

OP says she got an email and she’s preferred too why I asked. :)

QUOTE="firefly_ris, post: 60254209, member: 566815"]If you're preferred you won't be affected by any Skyliner work. It's all in the Standard room areas. If you are placed at the far end of Martinique, you may have more of a view of Riviera across the water, but I wouldn't personally be bothered by that, but I guess YMMV. The best place to not see any Riviera work in view would be in Barbados.[/QUOTE]

OP says she got an email and she’s preferred too why I asked. :)

I assume they send it out to everyone regardless of booking category. Some people jog or stroll the paths around the lake, so even if not staying in an affected area, the construction could affect them in some other ways I suppose, like fenced off pathways etc.

Yeah dd and I plan on a couple runs as we have a big 5 k coming up
Were the emails just apologizing or?

I assume they send it out to everyone regardless of booking category. Some people jog or stroll the paths around the lake, so even if not staying in an affected area, the construction could affect them in some other ways I suppose, like fenced off pathways etc.

I may or may not be hoping that when we arrive to CBR they are overbooked and they bump us to some kind of grand villa. LOL

Starting to get excited for our next trip to CBR. been a few years, but it has always been our favorite resort. In the past we have always booked standard rooms and requested jamaica, stayed in bldg 44 the past 3 visits to CBR. But this trip we booked water view with 5th sleeper. So now I am trying to figure out if I want to request a new area. I was thinking about trying Martinique since there are reports of water view rooms there, but looking at the touringplans room finder there only seems to be 4 total ground floor water view with 5th sleeper in bldg 24,25. I have heard the room finder isnt accurate, but what is the chance I would actually get martinique with this room type? seems barbados has alot more in this catagory but bldg 32 seems to be just as far as jamaica from main bldg. Barbados does have the advantage of being closer to spyglass grill, which we havent tried yet.

Starting to get excited for our next trip to CBR. been a few years, but it has always been our favorite resort. In the past we have always booked standard rooms and requested jamaica, stayed in bldg 44 the past 3 visits to CBR. But this trip we booked water view with 5th sleeper. So now I am trying to figure out if I want to request a new area. I was thinking about trying Martinique since there are reports of water view rooms there, but looking at the touringplans room finder there only seems to be 4 total ground floor water view with 5th sleeper in bldg 24,25. I have heard the room finder isnt accurate, but what is the chance I would actually get martinique with this room type? seems barbados has alot more in this catagory but bldg 32 seems to be just as far as jamaica from main bldg. Barbados does have the advantage of being closer to spyglass grill, which we havent tried yet.

I don't have any really good advice but I just stayed in Barbados 32 and it seemed closer than Jamaica to me. It took me like 3 or 4 minutes to walk to the pool. Maybe it's marginal but it was a good location to me, and I liked not being in the area that has construction fences all over the place right now and skyliner wires overhead. The fence situation might be done by the time you go though. I never went to Spyglass so I can't comment on that.

I'm about to make a room request for our trip, but can't decide. I was considering Martinique or maybe Trinidad North. We've stayed in Martinique once before. We have a king room, so I can request any village except Trinidad South. We will be there for our anniversary, and also the Star Wars 10k, so we will have to go to sleep very early one night. I'm looking for the the most quiet location, but I also loved Martinique last time because it was so easy to stroll to the food court! Any opinions?

I'm about to make a room request for our trip, but can't decide. I was considering Martinique or maybe Trinidad North. We've stayed in Martinique once before. We have a king room, so I can request any village except Trinidad South. We will be there for our anniversary, and also the Star Wars 10k, so we will have to go to sleep very early one night. I'm looking for the the most quiet location, but I also loved Martinique last time because it was so easy to stroll to the food court! Any opinions?

There's no Trinidad North or South anymore -- Trinidad North is now called Barbados. Trinidad South is just Trinidad. I enjoyed our room in Barbados 32, but if I had my total choice, I would probably say Martinique -- mostly because they are the first bus stop and Barbados is third. However, if you are in Martinique in the building closet to/facing Riviera, I have heard some occasional reports of hearing some truck noise outside, but I can't imagine you'd hear much from in the room.

There's no Trinidad North or South anymore -- Trinidad North is now called Barbados. Trinidad South is just Trinidad. I enjoyed our room in Barbados 32, but if I had my total choice, I would probably say Martinique -- mostly because they are the first bus stop and Barbados is third. However, if you are in Martinique in the building closet to/facing Riviera, I have heard some occasional reports of hearing some truck noise outside, but I can't imagine you'd hear much from in the room.

Thanks, I can't believe I forgot about the building/name changes! I had been keeping up with construction in the very beginning, but then got out of the loop. Sounds like Martinique is still a good choice!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!