Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

They are scattered. If you are booked standard, you would be in Aruba or Jamaica. If preferred or water view, you could be in Martinique or Barbados, though water view is in any building.
That’s actually perfect. We booked CBR for the Skyliner, so I don’t mind being on that side. I don’t expect to be using the main pool very much (we are going in December/Jan). It might be a pain for breakfast, but for most other meals we have ADRs in the parks.

That’s actually perfect. We booked CBR for the Skyliner, so I don’t mind being on that side. I don’t expect to be using the main pool very much (we are going in December/Jan). It might be a pain for breakfast, but for most other meals we have ADRs in the parks.

I would request Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51. Both of those locations are actually closer to the Main Feature pool and Food Court than some of the Preferred rooms.

Probably not even that long, except for maybe the furthest room in the furthest building being 6-7min. I haven't really seen any updates for the construction on the paths and bridge over to the station. When that's done it should make it easier and quicker, but I'm not really sure exactly what they are doing on that refurbishment yet.

My parents were there in July and timed it for me. All paths and the bridge were open. They did stop and take some pictures so you're right, those are probably on the high side.

Hi all. I checked in CBR on Sat. The only request I made was first floor due to medical reasons - I have bad knees - in a standard room. So I guess that flagged me for a handicapped room. But I also ended up with a water view room in Aruba 55. It’s actually a great location. It’s right on the path to walk to OPR and it’s right next to the Riviera station. And not too far from the bus stop. 423472
I took this from right outside my room

Hi all. I checked in CBR on Sat. The only request I made was first floor due to medical reasons - I have bad knees - in a standard room. So I guess that flagged me for a handicapped room. But I also ended up with a water view room in Aruba 55. It’s actually a great location. It’s right on the path to walk to OPR and it’s right next to the Riviera station. And not too far from the bus stop. View attachment 423472
I know the skyliner is a cool way to get around, and it looks good in and of itself, and it hasn't opened yet, but.... nothing about that photo looks like it should have been taken from a CBR room. Metal poles and wires, and a tower resort with a different theme. I don't want to knock things before they open, and I imagine once I'm used to it everything will be very nice, but that isn't the CBR I remember from when I stayed there a few years in a row as I was growing up. Good transportation, but so long line of sight and not mixing themes. A new resort is always nice, but why put it essentially right in the middle of another resort with a different theme? Oh well, I'll get off my soapbox, as I'm sure it will all look ok, just not my preference.

I don't think you should get *off* your soap box, so much as just shove over a little so I can get on there with you... that photo makes me very sad.
I’m sorry. Should I not have posted it? I was trying to give perspective

Oh, no, no! I'm not at all against the posting of the pic -- I'm just sad that the view is not of palm trees and shutters and sherbet-colored buildings. I'm beyond excited that the Skyliner exists; I am beyond disappointed that a multi-story resort looks like it erupted from the back yard garden.

I know that it’s going to look different, but I’m a glass half full kind of person. The new resort looks lovely and it will be nice to have another one to walk to for dinner or just to look around. I just wish it was open in September when we go. As far as the Skyliner, I love it as well. I’m even thinking of going to Pop and AoA on our pool day to look around since I’ve never been to either. I thought we’d grab breakfast and then head back to CBR for our pool time. It’s nice to have have that option. It really broadens the choices. And before we know it, we’ll be used to the new vibe. At least, I hope so.

Hi all. I checked in CBR on Sat. The only request I made was first floor due to medical reasons - I have bad knees - in a standard room. So I guess that flagged me for a handicapped room. But I also ended up with a water view room in Aruba 55. It’s actually a great location. It’s right on the path to walk to OPR and it’s right next to the Riviera station. And not too far from the bus stop. View attachment 423472
Looks like great access to riviera and epcot , and carribean beach all at once. Too bad it’s not open yet.

Another observation. TheCBR station is across a very busy road from the resort. Be sure to watch your kids when going to it. I can see a little one getting excited and running into traffic. I am kind of surprised they didn’t make a safer walkway to it.

Another observation. TheCBR station is across a very busy road from the resort. Be sure to watch your kids when going to it. I can see a little one getting excited and running into traffic. I am kind of surprised they didn’t make a safer walkway to it.
Hmm. According to the map on MDE, it looks like the walkway goes under the road, much like the one that goes to Trinidad. Is that not the case?

Hmm. According to the map on MDE, it looks like the walkway goes under the road, much like the one that goes to Trinidad. Is that not the case?
If it does, I didn’t notice it. I saw one sidewalk that would cross road but maybe it was hidden enough that I missed it

Oh my, I certainly didn't mean to imply that you shouldn't have posted it! All photos are good. I just mean that I don't particularly like how some of the changes that are happening affect the way things are, and that photo is a great example of why. It is super convenient, but not aesthetically pleasing or thematically appropriate to the CBR, that's all. There are metal wires and poles in the foreground and a riviera themed tower in the background, taken from a caribbean themed resort that used to be completely immersive.

The skyliner is great for transportation, just different from the old way of keeping lines of site clean (all over where it goes, not just at the CBR). More resorts and restaurants are great, I just don't like how they plopped a differently themed deluxe DVC resort in the middle of a moderate low rise laid back style resort. I feel that the locations actually detract from both resorts, despite the additional dining available. However, it's done and no one asked me, and as has been said I'm sure I'll get used to it and have a new normal. I may or may not always miss the old normal, but there's nothing I can do about it except get used to the new.

Last edited:
My parents were there in July and timed it for me. All paths and the bridge were open. They did stop and take some pictures so you're right, those are probably on the high side.

Nice, my next trip is the end of October and back to a pirate room. I'm looking forward to seeing how things have come together.

For the Skyliner, I'm curious what the view looking out at night is going to be. I wonder if the tint on the windows will make it harder to see out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter