Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I’m thinking about requesting building 51 Aruba. I watched a video a few month back and it looked like the ground was a mess around it from the construction of the skyliner. For anyone who has been there lately does it still look bad?

Nope. All cleaned up.

I also wanted to know is there any advantage to taking the skyliner to Epcot to get on the monorail for MK?

Other than being more interesting viewing wise, no. Doing that would definitely take longer.

Or is this even possible because i think the skyliner is at the International gateway?

It's possible if you have park hoppers, otherwise it's not.

If you want ROR please note that the HS has extended their operating hours and is opening at 7AM now through at least March. This is the same time the Skyliner starts operation so don't bank on using the Skyliner. You need to be swiped into the park before 7AM as the Boarding Passes become available at 7AM sharp and everyone needs to be in the park to be in a Group. The Skyliner may start before 7AM but don't bank on that or the bus as they reduced bus service to HS.

Bus service is only reduced once the Skyliner starts operating. We were regularly able to get on a bus between 5:45-6:00AM every morning. We were swiped in by 6:15 at the latest. We have friends there now and they've had the same experience. Keeping Lyft as an option is good advice, but it can be done via bus.

Nope. All cleaned up.

Other than being more interesting viewing wise, no. Doing that would definitely take longer.

It's possible if you have park hoppers, otherwise it's not.
Thanks dansdad your always a big help with all my questions !

Has anyone done rope drop at Epcot recently? We are very familiar with rope drop at the front of the park, but have never stayed at CBR, relied on gondolas, or rope dropped at International Gateway. How early should we plan to head out? How are the bag check lines?

Has anyone done rope drop at Epcot recently? We are very familiar with rope drop at the front of the park, but have never stayed at CBR, relied on gondolas, or rope dropped at International Gateway. How early should we plan to head out?

Depends on how early the Skyliner starts running. The concierge or Front Desk can give you a schedule for the week. If you want to be towards the front of the masses for rope drop, your best bet is to take an early bus. I'd be at the bus stop an hour before opening.

How are the bag check lines?

They've been moving quickly at the IG. The only thing that holds it up is when a Friendship boat arrives full. With the constant flow of guests getting off the Skyliner, the lines never had more than 5 guests in each in the AM. But much different if a boat just unloads.

Just so no one is mistaken, I'm not saying that to folks in my quote....I'm saying what folks have told me, unfortunately. 😔 I don't want anyone under the impression that it's my thoughts on anxiety. You're right, Barbanellie.....if it could be that easy, we'd do it!
Right, my quote of your post was confusing, I fixed it 🙂

Depends on how early the Skyliner starts running. The concierge or Front Desk can give you a schedule for the week. If you want to be towards the front of the masses for rope drop, your best bet is to take an early bus. I'd be at the bus stop an hour before opening.

They've been moving quickly at the IG. The only thing that holds it up is when a Friendship boat arrives full. With the constant flow of guests getting off the Skyliner, the lines never had more than 5 guests in each in the AM. But much different if a boat just unloads.
Thank you for your help!

First time at CBR. Family of 5. Short stay flying in Feb.26 staying 2 nights, leaving via Uber for DCL Feb 28.

First, when we fly in, use DME to resort check in and immediately bus to MK. We hope to use Skyliner in evening of Feb 27 returning from Epcot and also in morning for 7:30 breakfast at Topolino's. We were thinking of Jamaica as close to main CBR Skyliner station. What building is that? And are corner rooms available for 5th sleepers?

Regarding our return from MK on Feb 26. How do the busses work at CBR? Is there one main park bus loading area and separate mini tram buses at each of the areas to get people to and from the main bus zone? Or does every bus make every stop in a loop? If so, what direction/order do the buses loop?

Thanks!

First time at CBR. Family of 5. Short stay flying in Feb.26 staying 2 nights, leaving via Uber for DCL Feb 28.

First, when we fly in, use DME to resort check in and immediately bus to MK. We hope to use Skyliner in evening of Feb 27 returning from Epcot and also in morning for 7:30 breakfast at Topolino's. We were thinking of Jamaica as close to main CBR Skyliner station. What building is that? And are corner rooms available for 5th sleepers?

Regarding our return from MK on Feb 26. How do the busses work at CBR? Is there one main park bus loading area and separate mini tram buses at each of the areas to get people to and from the main bus zone? Or does every bus make every stop in a loop? If so, what direction/order do the buses loop?

Thanks!
Busses stop at every bus stop. Looks like Jamaica 41 would be closest to Skyliner. I googled the resort map.
I've read on this thread that during busy times like park opening they run busses separately to each side of resort. Jamaica and Aruba are the only stops at that side and a different bus goes to Trinidad, Barbados and Martinique.

Busses stop at every bus stop. Looks like Jamaica 41 would be closest to Skyliner. I googled the resort map.
I've read on this thread that during busy times like park opening they run busses separately to each side of resort. Jamaica and Aruba are the only stops at that side and a different bus goes to Trinidad, Barbados and Martinique.

Oh! Is this true? If so, that is great information. The excessive # of bus stops has been a major hold up for me in committing to CBR for our trip next year. I keep reading horror stories about bus rides to the MK that take over an hour!

Oh! Is this true? If so, that is great information. The excessive # of bus stops has been a major hold up for me in committing to CBR for our trip next year. I keep reading horror stories about bus rides to the MK that take over an hour!
On 1/13 it took my wife about an hour to get to MK to meet me. This was mid-day, about 1pm and she said two AK buses came and left as she was waiting. She was at the Barbados stop.

That being said, it seemed to be an anomaly. HS buses came before 6am and got us to RD on time, MK and AK buses came regularly in the morning as well.

Thanks!

We just returned from a 9 day from 1-10 to 1-18. We were in Trinidad and bus to MK was horrible. It was last stop on the line and always showed up full and never on time. One day in the morning the bus was scheduled for 759 and it kept slipping back. Finally when an empty bus came for epcot at 835 we asked the driver if they could get a bus for MK. Shortly after that an empty one showed up. However, we went to 2 more stops and they were packed there also. Common complaint of not enough buses for a huge resort. Best to plan for at least 1 hour before park opening for MK. Other parks like AK were ok. We used Skyliner for HS and Epcot and that was great. Bus service bad to MK. Note: if you take a lyft they drop at TTC and not MK gates. Minnie Van can get to front gate but costs around $30. Worth it given the wait and frustration of the bus.

We just returned from a 9 day from 1-10 to 1-18. We were in Trinidad and bus to MK was horrible. It was last stop on the line and always showed up full and never on time. One day in the morning the bus was scheduled for 759 and it kept slipping back. Finally when an empty bus came for epcot at 835 we asked the driver if they could get a bus for MK. Shortly after that an empty one showed up. However, we went to 2 more stops and they were packed there also. Common complaint of not enough buses for a huge resort. Best to plan for at least 1 hour before park opening for MK. Other parks like AK were ok. We used Skyliner for HS and Epcot and that was great. Bus service bad to MK. Note: if you take a lyft they drop at TTC and not MK gates. Minnie Van can get to front gate but costs around $30. Worth it given the wait and frustration of the bus.
Oh no this is terrible news!I was under the impression that the bus stops for the two sides of the resort were always serviced separately! Do you know which one was the first bus stop to be serviced?

From what I read yes. But only during busy times like mornings.

I think mid day the busses are not as frequent and this holds true at every resort.

We haven’t stayed at CBR since 2007, back then we had really good bus service. Never waited over 10 min for any bus.
But now with the Skyliner you only need to take a bus to 2 parks.

You can take a Lyft to The Contemporary and walk to MK.

I recently stayed in Jamaica, we found the very early buses (say upto 9am) only picked up people from Jamaica and Aruba bus stops. But the later buses, say 10am onwards, visited all bus stops - I suspect because these buses were arriving at CBR with people on them, and so had to go to all stops to do drop off as well as pick up. Jamaica was first stop for all our buses.
the time to go to all bus stops at the resort was about 10-15mins, depending on number of people and ECVs
we used the buses (and skyline) a lot and had zero issues (no hour long trips) - except for after after hours events on return also included rivieria people, making trip longer as it meant Jamaica was second to last drop off on these nights.

I am booked for both Beach Club Villas Studio and Caribbean Beach water view 5th sleeper for 02-18 to 02-22. Its "only" about a $400 total savings to stay at CB over the BCV studio. How are the conditions of the rooms at CB? We've never stayed at CB with the kids and would like to try something new but Im a little bit worried about hearing the rooms are nearing the end of their run maintenance wise before another refresh(last was in 2014-2015 right?).

I stayed at CB with a college girlfriend in 1998 and the were VERY beat up. I know no comparison to now but thats my last impression.

You can take a Lyft to The Contemporary and walk to MK.
I recently stayed in Jamaica, we found the very early buses (say upto 9am) only picked up people from Jamaica and Aruba bus stops. But the later buses, say 10am onwards, visited all bus stops - I suspect because these buses were arriving at CBR with people on them, and so had to go to all stops to do drop off as well as pick up. Jamaica was first stop for all our buses.
the time to go to all bus stops at the resort was about 10-15mins, depending on number of people and ECVs
we used the buses (and skyline) a lot and had zero issues (no hour long trips) - except for after after hours events on return also included rivieria people, making trip longer as it meant Jamaica was second to last drop off on these nights.
So,
If we stay in Jamaica, I don't mind the bus ride from MK back in the evening. But we are flying in that morning, arriving at MCO about 8:40 am, taking DME to CBR, then going straight to MK from front desk. So, based on this, would the recommendation be to bypass the bus TO MK and just Uber over to Cont to get there more efficiently and enjoy more of our limited time for the quick trip?

I am booked for both Beach Club Villas Studio and Caribbean Beach water view 5th sleeper for 02-18 to 02-22. Its "only" about a $400 total savings to stay at CB over the BCV studio. How are the conditions of the rooms at CB? We've never stayed at CB with the kids and would like to try something new but Im a little bit worried about hearing the rooms are nearing the end of their run maintenance wise before another refresh(last was in 2014-2015 right?).

I stayed at CB with a college girlfriend in 1998 and the were VERY beat up. I know no comparison to now but thats my last impression.

I think the major interior updates were more like 2016, and was done before they started the heavy construction around the outside. Frankly I think your expectations on the time period for needing a refresh are unreasonable. The rooms are still very "fresh" especially for WDW standards where they can really drag out the life of rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!