Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

TO MK and just Uber over to Cont to get there more efficiently and enjoy more of our limited time for the quick trip?
I would check the time for the next Magic Kingdom bus(you can check on the App)and see how long the wait at OPR would be.

Personally I think unless it is showing a long wait,I would just go bus.

The bus takes you straight to the MK,while with Uber you would still have the walk to MK to do(Minnie Van will take you straight to MK but is expensive).

So,
If we stay in Jamaica, I don't mind the bus ride from MK back in the evening. But we are flying in that morning, arriving at MCO about 8:40 am, taking DME to CBR, then going straight to MK from front desk. So, based on this, would the recommendation be to bypass the bus TO MK and just Uber over to Cont to get there more efficiently and enjoy more of our limited time for the quick trip?
Probably. Unless you luck out and the MK bus comes soon after you get to the bus stop Uber will be faster.

I am booked for both Beach Club Villas Studio and Caribbean Beach water view 5th sleeper for 02-18 to 02-22. Its "only" about a $400 total savings to stay at CB over the BCV studio. How are the conditions of the rooms at CB? We've never stayed at CB with the kids and would like to try something new but Im a little bit worried about hearing the rooms are nearing the end of their run maintenance wise before another refresh(last was in 2014-2015 right?).

I stayed at CB with a college girlfriend in 1998 and the were VERY beat up. I know no comparison to now but thats my last impression.
The BCV studio sleeps 4. It has 1 Queen bed and 1 double pull out sofa. If you need a 5th bed you would have to go with the CBR room with 5th sleeper. Personally I wouldn’t bother with paying for water view at CBR as there’s no balcony to sit out and enjoy it. And with a short trip you probably won’t be in the room much.

The BCV studio sleeps 4. It has 1 Queen bed and 1 double pull out sofa. If you need a 5th bed you would have to go with the CBR room with 5th sleeper. Personally I wouldn’t bother with paying for water view at CBR as there’s no balcony to sit out and enjoy it. And with a short trip you probably won’t be in the room much.

Pretty sure they sleep five. They do have the fold down murphy bed which is not child sized like the ones at the moderates.

I think the major interior updates were more like 2016, and was done before they started the heavy construction around the outside. Frankly I think your expectations on the time period for needing a refresh are unreasonable. The rooms are still very "fresh" especially for WDW standards where they can really drag out the life of rooms.

The room refurb was complete in early 2015. Your middle sentence is utterly unnecessary.

So,
If we stay in Jamaica, I don't mind the bus ride from MK back in the evening. But we are flying in that morning, arriving at MCO about 8:40 am, taking DME to CBR, then going straight to MK from front desk. So, based on this, would the recommendation be to bypass the bus TO MK and just Uber over to Cont to get there more efficiently and enjoy more of our limited time for the quick trip?
If you are going from front desk you will be at Olde Port Royale bus stop, you could wait anywhere from 1-20minutes for a bus, travel time from there about 15minutes. In our entire six week trip, the only time we waited 20 minutes was at Disney springs.
while we didn’t use Uber we did use Lyft to go outside Disney, and both times the car arrived within one minute. you would Still have around same travel time, maybe 5minutes quicker. But the car (unless Minnie van) will drop you off at transport center and you will have to wait for and travel on monorail to MK. Could be around 10minutes. Plus you have to pay for Uber (Minnie van will be more expensive).
we like the buses, but I know other people don’t.
in your case I don’t think there is an obvious choice, go with which you prefer.

If you are going from front desk you will be at Olde Port Royale bus stop, you could wait anywhere from 1-20minutes for a bus, travel time from there about 15minutes. In our entire six week trip, the only time we waited 20 minutes was at Disney springs.
while we didn’t use Uber we did use Lyft to go outside Disney, and both times the car arrived within one minute. you would Still have around same travel time, maybe 5minutes quicker. But the car (unless Minnie van) will drop you off at transport center and you will have to wait for and travel on monorail to MK. Could be around 10minutes. Plus you have to pay for Uber (Minnie van will be more expensive).
we like the buses, but I know other people don’t.
in your case I don’t think there is an obvious choice, go with which you prefer.
Unless they take Uber or Lyft to the Contemporary and walk to MK where they don’t have to wait for monorail/boat

Oh no this is terrible news!I was under the impression that the bus stops for the two sides of the resort were always serviced separately! Do you know which one was the first bus stop to be serviced?
They do appear to do sides separate. However Trinidad seems to get the short end of things. One one side it’s Martinique then Port royal then Barbados and finally Trinidad. By then bus is full. On all three days MK bus was always late and full. All others buses were fine for AK EPCOT and HS. I cannot imagine how it is when he parks are really busy. If you have to be at MK for a breakfast or something time sensitive in the mornings take a Minnie Van it’s quick but I’ll cost a few dollars but saves aggravation.

I think the major interior updates were more like 2016, and was done before they started the heavy construction around the outside. Frankly I think your expectations on the time period for needing a refresh are unreasonable. The rooms are still very "fresh" especially for WDW standards where they can really drag out the life of rooms.

Rooms at CBR are in good shape. However if savings are only $400 then would stay at BR. For the pool alone if you have kids. Rooms also somewhat larger at BC.

My family and I are hoping to stay at CBR from November 14-22. It looks like there are only Pirate Rooms available. Is it possible that more rooms will become available? I thought I was planning soon enough, but maybe not.

My family and I are hoping to stay at CBR from November 14-22. It looks like there are only Pirate Rooms available. Is it possible that more rooms will become available? I thought I was planning soon enough, but maybe not.
I’m not sure, is that the US Thanksgiving week? That would explain Resort filling up.
I just put in your dates and a standard room with 5th sleeper is available.

I see one now. My dates were already saved on the website, so I know I didn't type it wrong last time. Weird. I guess I'll book asap. Thank you! It's the week before Thanksgiving, but I wonder if it's getting busy toward the end of the week so the rooms are limited.

I see one now. My dates were already saved on the website, so I know I didn't type it wrong last time. Weird. I guess I'll book asap. Thank you! It's the week before Thanksgiving, but I wonder if it's getting busy toward the end of the week so the rooms are limited.
End of the week will get busy as it gets towards thanksgiving holiday week. Rates will go up for the weekend typically.

Glad you were able to get what you wanted!

Is it worth it to keep checking for openings to change my room type? I currently have a water view booked but couldn't care less about a view and would love to save money. However it shows no standard rooms available when I go to change my reservation and change my room type. I know it's impossible to know for sure but is it worth it for me to keep checking? We aren't going until the first week of December so it's a long way away. Is there a typical point in time where people start messing with their reservations and an opening may show up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!