Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

So, if you're staying in Martinique will it be easiest/fastest to use the gondola station at the Riviera?
Definitely for Epcot.

DHS would require boarding at DRR Station,riding to CBR Station and then transferring to DHS Gondola-I don't think we know yet how long of a "process" that will be-it will be fun to learn all these things through experience.

And it won't be long!

I am really looking forward to trying to time a run from DRR Station to IG Station during IllumiNations(or the shows to follow)!

I bet those fireworks will be spectacular and LOUD from the Gondolas!

Can I ask, when did they upgrade you? Was it before you arrived, or when you were checking in? If it was at check-in, did you do it online, or in-person... and when did you arrive? (And did you book directly with Disney, or through undercover tourist etc.?)

I'm curious because we will be transferring over from AKL that day, and we'll be in MK all day. I wouldn't mind getting sent to some other resort, but I wouldn't like have to go somewhere else at 11pm while carrying sleeping kids (or worse, trying to calm over-tired crying kids).
They called me about 10 days before my arrival. I booked directly with Disney

Looking for some input on CBRs beds. I'm currently booked in a a preferred room for marathon week. I'm pretty bed sensitive and I'm now nervous after re-watching Pete's DisUnplugged CBR review from this past December. He noted that the bed were new as part of the refurb, but that the quality wasn't the greatest and his back hurt. The only beds we've ever experienced at a Disney resort that were truly awful were during our stay at POR, but I also found the beds at WL and AKL to be a bit too firm for my preferences. I also wonder if it's just the new beds in general, since my parents stayed at Poly and hated the newer bed that was in their room. I stayed at the Poly several years before them and had a great bed.

Any opinions or experiences would be appreciated :)
We found the beds comfortable. Granted at the end of a theme park day we were tired. But no one in the party complained once about the beds. I did take my own pillow because I’m picky about pillows.

Looking for some input on CBRs beds. I'm currently booked in a a preferred room for marathon week. I'm pretty bed sensitive and I'm now nervous after re-watching Pete's DisUnplugged CBR review from this past December. He noted that the bed were new as part of the refurb, but that the quality wasn't the greatest and his back hurt. The only beds we've ever experienced at a Disney resort that were truly awful were during our stay at POR, but I also found the beds at WL and AKL to be a bit too firm for my preferences. I also wonder if it's just the new beds in general, since my parents stayed at Poly and hated the newer bed that was in their room. I stayed at the Poly several years before them and had a great bed.

Any opinions or experiences would be appreciated :)

Bed reviews are like dining reviews I guess... so subjective. BUT, DW and I both commented on how we really liked the beds at CBR when we stayed last month. Very comfy from our perspective! No bed or bed frame noise when you rolled around/got in or out.

Thank you to everyone who replied with bed input. :) I know it's such a subjective thing too, since one bed style may be perfect for one person, but not so much for another. Good pillows is also good to hear, since that's also part of the good sleep equation. I know I'm going to be so anxious before the races and I tend to notice bed issues more when I'm exhausted, so all of this helps put my mind at ease. Now I can go back to being excited about trying a new (to me) resort :D

I have booked a room with 2 queen beds and pull down sleeper with standard view. Its my understanding that these types of rooms are only in Jamaica and Aruba. Any recommendations on what room number I should request?

I have booked a room with 2 queen beds and pull down sleeper with standard view. Its my understanding that these types of rooms are only in Jamaica and Aruba. Any recommendations on what room number I should request?

I would not request a specific room number as the odds of that specific room being available for your exact dates are extremely low. And the room assigner won't know why you wanted that room. It's best to word your request so it describes what your looking for. We love Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51 for location and we also like the 2nd floor and a corner room. So we word our request "Jamaica 45, 2nd Floor and corner room please". That is the order of our preference too as the building is most important and corner room is least.

Anyone going in late August/early September decide what the best room request would be?

We have a preferred room booked and I'm not sure whether to request Martinique 24 to be closer to Riviera Station or Barbados 33 to be closer to the CBR station. I'm driving myself crazy staring at these maps!

Anyone going in late August/early September decide what the best room request would be?

We have a preferred room booked and I'm not sure whether to request Martinique 24 to be closer to Riviera Station or Barbados 33 to be closer to the CBR station. I'm driving myself crazy staring at these maps!
I know what you mean. It's a big decision. I think maybe Barbados? I only say that because I wonder if the Riviera station will be open then since the DVC resort wont be? They havent really said when everything will be operational.

Good pillows is also good to hear, since that's also part of the good sleep equation.

I was pro bed above, but for whatever reason I didn’t like our pillows all that much. I usually double/triple up pillows at hotels because they always seem too soft for my tastes, the ones at CBR seemed super soft. They were probably the same pillows that are at every WDW Disney resort, these just seemed flat to me for whatever reason. Definitely a minor observation though. But, YMMV!

"Anyone going in late August/early September decide what the best room request would be?
We have a preferred room booked and I'm not sure whether to request Martinique 24 to be closer to Riviera Station or Barbados 33 to be closer to the CBR station. I'm driving myself crazy staring at these maps! "

I went with Barbados for a request because I didn't want to stare at Riviera.

I know what you mean. It's a big decision. I think maybe Barbados? I only say that because I wonder if the Riviera station will be open then since the DVC resort wont be? They havent really said when everything will be operational.

True, I was thinking that too - why have the station open if there's no one staying there?

We have a preferred room booked and my mom and sister both have king rooms; I'm just really hoping I can get a connecting room with one of them. As long as I get that and the 5th sleeper I don't care where we are!

I was pro bed above, but for whatever reason I didn’t like our pillows all that much. I usually double/triple up pillows at hotels because they always seem too soft for my tastes, the ones at CBR seemed super soft. They were probably the same pillows that are at every WDW Disney resort, these just seemed flat to me for whatever reason. Definitely a minor observation though. But, YMMV!

I saw this before bed last night...which prompted me to look at my home pillow situation. It's extreme! :rotfl2:Seriously though, maybe I might be best packing a couple of my own. My home ones are pretty puffy and while I'll have a bed to myself, that may not be enough pillows if they are so soft that they collapse. I guess the alternative is asking them for extra pillows.

We are booked July 3rd -8th in a 5th sleeper standard room. I had called and requested Jamica 45 or Aruba 51 months ago. When I went to do our online check in the only room request options are Martinique Viilage or corner room? I will call again but advise if these are our only options?

We are booked July 3rd -8th in a 5th sleeper standard room. I had called and requested Jamica 45 or Aruba 51 months ago. When I went to do our online check in the only room request options are Martinique Viilage or corner room? I will call again but advise if these are our only options?

It's typical for MDE app or online when doing the check-in. Call and give your preferences before around 5 days out and check (or double check) your preferences for the best results.

Glad someone else understands! I was thinking Barbados as well but I saw others recommending Martinique. I think it's more likely that the CBR station will be open than Riviera by then. Fingers crossed it even is open by my trip though, no one really knows.

"Anyone going in late August/early September decide what the best room request would be?
We have a preferred room booked and I'm not sure whether to request Martinique 24 to be closer to Riviera Station or Barbados 33 to be closer to the CBR station. I'm driving myself crazy staring at these maps! "

I went with Barbados for a request because I didn't want to stare at Riviera.

That's another good reason! Barbados it is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter