Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Hi,

We got home from our 2nd stay at CBR Sat. night, we were there for 8 nights in Jamaica section. I saw the recent bus discussion, so wanted to share our recent experience...

The buses were good for us. In the morning I did notice they were using separate buses for the Jamaica & Aruba side, so no crowded buses for us boarding. We never waited a long time for any of the buses-going to parks or returning to resort. Yes, coming home at night if you leave with the crowd the bus stop can fill up, like it did for us one night, but immediately after the full bus took off a second bus pulled up so there was no real additional wait.

One morning we had a PPO breakfast at BOG and thought about using a Minnie Van, but after seeing the $40 quote we decided the bus would be fine, and it was-rather have the $40 to spend on souvenirs :)

Also, the skyliner was great! It is so much faster then dealing with buses or even the monorail! I loved it, and hope they add lines to MK & AK! If you are afraid of heights/a little nervous I would suggest you still try it-when you see how quick & easy it is to get around you will forgot about any hesitation you had.

CBR is great resort, and I would not hesitate to stay again!

Planning on taking one for the team and booking a pirate themed room at CBR on the 25% off special. Knowing it’s situated in the Siberia neighborhood, it looks relatively close to the main CBR skyliner station, thereby ameliorating much of the former downside of being way out from checkin/main pools etc. True?

Planning on taking one for the team and booking a pirate themed room at CBR on the 25% off special. Knowing it’s situated in the Siberia neighborhood, it looks relatively close to the main CBR skyliner station, thereby ameliorating much of the former downside of being way out from checkin/main pools etc. True?

Definitely True. Spyglass Grill at the quiet pool there is great too. Prepping in your head to enjoy the journey to OPR and main pool can go well for the difference of staying in Trinidad also.

Hi,

We got home from our 2nd stay at CBR Sat. night, we were there for 8 nights in Jamaica section. I saw the recent bus discussion, so wanted to share our recent experience...

The buses were good for us. In the morning I did notice they were using separate buses for the Jamaica & Aruba side, so no crowded buses for us boarding. We never waited a long time for any of the buses-going to parks or returning to resort. Yes, coming home at night if you leave with the crowd the bus stop can fill up, like it did for us one night, but immediately after the full bus took off a second bus pulled up so there was no real additional wait.

One morning we had a PPO breakfast at BOG and thought about using a Minnie Van, but after seeing the $40 quote we decided the bus would be fine, and it was-rather have the $40 to spend on souvenirs :)

Also, the skyliner was great! It is so much faster then dealing with buses or even the monorail! I loved it, and hope they add lines to MK & AK! If you are afraid of heights/a little nervous I would suggest you still try it-when you see how quick & easy it is to get around you will forgot about any hesitation you had.

CBR is great resort, and I would not hesitate to stay again!
Thanks for your report! Did you hear the skyliner from your location in Jamaica? Also does it go to both Epcot and DHS? Or just Epcot?

On our way home from our first stay at CBR, and just had a couple thoughts-

Cons were the internet and the playground. The internet was very slow our entire stay, and wouldn’t work at all our last night. I didn’t have service in my room via Sprint, so I couldn’t check FP times, much less stream a show. The playground was one of the reasons we booked CBR, as I wanted a place for my toddler to run around after being cooped up in a stroller all day. It was only open from sunrise to sunset, which just isn’t long enough in the winter. Not sure how difficult it could be to add some lights and leave it unlocked later. Plus, it was definitely still locked half an hour after sunrise on our last day.

Pros were everything else. While the resort is spread out, we really loved that. After sensory overload in the parks, it was nice to be able to decompress on winding trails with tons of vegetation. We were in Aruba 56, as far as possible from Old Port Royale, which was a 10 minute walk. Our building was right next to the Riviera Skyliner station, which was phenomenal. We took the Skyliner over to Epcot or the Boardwalk for the evening a few times which we loved. Epcot is my favorite park, and it was great that it was so convenient. After being stuck on a packed bus coming back from MK one afternoon, we said we wouldn’t stay somewhere without alternative forms of transportation again.

Centertown Marketplace was nice; we ate there a few times for breakfast and lunch. We did feel we maybe didn’t get our money’s worth from the refillable mugs due to the walk from our room, but not a big deal. The kid’s splash area by the pool was really nice. It cracked me up to see the lifeguards wearing hoodies, but the pools were warm enough for us during the day.

Anyways, would definitely stay at CBR again!

Actually, the resorts are no longer taking faxes from TP. TP was given an email address to use instead. And now they email the requests 30 days out.
Do they still take faxes from individuals? Did something happen that caused them to stop accepting faxes from TP? Thanks!

We got two rooms, a king and 5th sleeper connecting in Jamaica 42 - room location was perfect.
The Bad:
2) The gondolas were quiet when walking around the resort, but when walking through the Jamaica/Aruba area in certain spots, you could hear repeated chimes from Gondolas above. One person we talked to who had a room in that area said they heard them constantly and it was annoying.
Just wondering: If you had a nice room in Jamaica, where specifically are the rooms in the Jamaica/Aruba area (those certain spots) that you can hear the repeated chimes from gondolas above? Thanks!

Do they still take faxes from individuals?

No. Calling and adding any requests to your reservation is still the best for individuals.

Did something happen that caused them to stop accepting faxes from TP? Thanks!

Not really. They just don't want to deal with faxes any longer. They have moved room assigning duties for all resorts to a central group located in Disney Springs. So they wanted an email address that can be accessed from there instead of having faxes going to each individual resort.

Just wondering: If you had a nice room in Jamaica, where specifically are the rooms in the Jamaica/Aruba area (those certain spots) that you can hear the repeated chimes from gondolas above? Thanks!

The Water View or King rooms that are closest to the path and lake.

The Water View or King rooms that are closest to the path and lake.
We have a King reserved & were hoping for waterfront in Jamaica (we had one in 2014 & it's was so nice!), but maybe we should consider Barbados or Martinique instead. They don't seem to have such lovely views there though... :(

We have a King reserved & were hoping for waterfront in Jamaica (we had one in 2014 & it's was so nice!), but maybe we should consider Barbados or Martinique instead. They don't seem to have such lovely views there though... :(

We were in a King in Jamaica 45 that faced the lake and didn't hear a thing when in the room. When we stepped out we could hear it, but it in our opinion, it wasn't a problem.

We were in a King in Jamaica 45 that faced the lake and didn't hear a thing when in the room. When we stepped out we could hear it, but it in our opinion, it wasn't a problem.
That sounds great, but when I look at Touring Plans' chart, I don't see any Kings in Bldg 45. Am I missing something? I think I'll request 4217 or 4220 (2 kings in same block) since those kings have a waterview. We stayed there before & it was awesome!

That sounds great, but when I look at Touring Plans' chart, I don't see any Kings in Bldg 45. Am I missing something?

That tool on Touring Plans is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room types. There are 8 kings in every building except Trinidad where the Pirate Themed rooms are.

That tool on Touring Plans is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room types. There are 8 kings in every building except Trinidad where the Pirate Themed rooms are.
That's very helpful to know; thank you! I don't supposed there are some waterview kings in Aruba that have the direct view of Centertown across the water? If so, do you know the block of room #s so we can request that? Thanks again!

That's very helpful to know; thank you! I don't supposed there are some waterview kings in Aruba that have the direct view of Centertown across the water?

Youre welcome. Yes, there are a couple in Aruba and Jamaica.

If so, do you know the block of room #s so we can request that? Thanks again!

I don't remember our room numbers. Whenever we've gotten one we've requested "Aruba or Jamaica and Water View please". 4 for 4 so far.

Are there still mug filling stations in the different areas or was that only during Centertown construction?

On our way home from our first stay at CBR, and just had a couple thoughts-

Cons were the internet and the playground. The internet was very slow our entire stay, and wouldn’t work at all our last night. I didn’t have service in my room via Sprint, so I couldn’t check FP times, much less stream a show. The playground was one of the reasons we booked CBR, as I wanted a place for my toddler to run around after being cooped up in a stroller all day. It was only open from sunrise to sunset, which just isn’t long enough in the winter. Not sure how difficult it could be to add some lights and leave it unlocked later. Plus, it was definitely still locked half an hour after sunrise on our last day.

Pros were everything else. While the resort is spread out, we really loved that. After sensory overload in the parks, it was nice to be able to decompress on winding trails with tons of vegetation. We were in Aruba 56, as far as possible from Old Port Royale, which was a 10 minute walk. Our building was right next to the Riviera Skyliner station, which was phenomenal. We took the Skyliner over to Epcot or the Boardwalk for the evening a few times which we loved. Epcot is my favorite park, and it was great that it was so convenient. After being stuck on a packed bus coming back from MK one afternoon, we said we wouldn’t stay somewhere without alternative forms of transportation again.

Centertown Marketplace was nice; we ate there a few times for breakfast and lunch. We did feel we maybe didn’t get our money’s worth from the refillable mugs due to the walk from our room, but not a big deal. The kid’s splash area by the pool was really nice. It cracked me up to see the lifeguards wearing hoodies, but the pools were warm enough for us during the day.

Anyways, would definitely stay at CBR again!
Glad you enjoyed your stay. Aren’t there mug refill stations in each village?
We received a Past Guest discount & a King room in April 2020 is $215 a night.

Also, I thought you (David Hobart) was banned from this site; nice to see you! ;)
How did you get past guest discount? I’m booked for Aug 2020.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!